PDA

View Full Version : FLUX & RETROVERTS PRESENT "SPLIT-THE RETURN"

rexeffect
09-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi gang,

Firstly we just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made it down to our 1st SPLIT party on 29th August, which saw OLIVER HO and MEMORY FOUNDATION rock da house alongside our own BEN SIMS & CHRIS FINKE and the trusty residents. For those that came and those that missed it we are back for "part 2", once again at the SE1 club on London Bridge. We have carefully assembled a crack team of performers who are sure to tear it up so here's the low-down!

FLUX and RETRO_VERT present "SPLIT - THE RETURN"
FRIDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2003, 10pm - 6am
@ SE1 CLUB, 41-43 St THOMAS Street, LONDON BRIDGE, LONDON SE1

AREA X

ALAN OLDHAM aka DJ-T1000 - First London appearance in 6 years!
SURGEON - British Murder Boy
CHRIS FINKE
BRIAN WILLIAMS
MORPH

AREA Z

A GUY CALLED GERALD - Showcasing new material
BEN SIMS - Acid house set
PAUL MAC
TONY ANDERSON
AIDY WEST

HOSTS - BEN SIMS & CHRIS FINKE
MASTER OF CEREMONIES - RIBBZ

PLUS VISUAL CREWS….

Exceeda/SanFrandisco/Ryu/KAMéFLAGE(DUBSTRAKT)/USAGI/Maria
And artwork by Samuel.

Please mail splitmusic@hotmail.com for any further info.

TICKETS £8 IN ADVANCE FROM: EUKATECH, SMALLFISH, KOOBLA, COVERT, VINYL UNDERGROUND and www.ticketweb.co.uk
£12 ON DOOR.

www.splitmusic.net
www.fluxrecordings.com
www.retroverts.com

***NEWS FLASH***
2004 will see SPLIT take London techno to the next level. This has been a LONG time in the coming, so watch this space as something big is coming your way...

Slammin Sam
09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
This looks amazing.

How did the last Retrovert / SPLIT at SE1 go ?

T
09-10-2003, 05:00 PM
I went to the last one and had a bloody good night. good sound system and I thought the music was excellent, notably ben sims & Memory foundation, the other dj's were good but these stood out for me. Nice range of techno played. Good affordable price to get in (£8), and nice and near home for me :lol: Will have to check this.

Esox Lucius
09-10-2003, 05:05 PM
dj t-1000
surgeon
ben sims
chris finke
paul mac

:shock:

****IN`ELL!

Subuteo
09-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Wahey! Surgeon twice in one month (HOG) God, I'm getting spoilt !! :)

T
14-10-2003, 12:49 PM
MC ribbz is there, that takes me back a bit!

eyes without a face
14-10-2003, 01:10 PM
MC Ribbz???????

havent seen him for years

Subuteo
14-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Is it the same Ribbz who used to do the Technodrome etc..? Wicked ! :)

Si the Sigh
14-10-2003, 01:50 PM
It is indeed that MC Ribbz! Im looking forward to hearing T-1000 & Ribbz together! Taking you back to the early Dreamscape Tekno Prisoner's daze...Ah! :twisted:

Esox Lucius
14-10-2003, 02:59 PM
MC Ribbz???????

havent seen him for years

eh?

when did you see ribbz scott? didnt think you went to any hardcore raves, never saw you at any.

eyes without a face
14-10-2003, 03:56 PM
u misunderstand me, i meant i havent seen him about in general. i certainly wouldnt expect to see him at an event like this

Esox Lucius
14-10-2003, 03:57 PM
aaah I get ya, was you ever into hardcore?

Si the Sigh
14-10-2003, 04:00 PM
91-92 breakbeat style or 96 cheese? :lol:

Esox Lucius
14-10-2003, 04:02 PM
proper hardcore, not that happy shite.

what you all seem to call "hardcore techno" when really it is hardcore and not techno at all.

Si the Sigh
14-10-2003, 04:07 PM
proper hardcore, not that happy shite.

what you all seem to call "hardcore techno" when really it is hardcore and not techno at all. ...ah! i get you! i thought you were on about Force & Styles style hardcore chart pap! (that i hear YOU are really into ;) :lol: ) you mean the gabber sounding stuff the hardcore techno, etc.

Esox Lucius
14-10-2003, 04:09 PM
nah Im not into foreskin & piles!!! **** no!!

Si the Sigh
14-10-2003, 04:12 PM
foreskin 'n' piles...ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

paranoid666
07-11-2003, 04:02 PM
so who's gannin.

Subuteo
07-11-2003, 04:54 PM
ME!!! Bring it on!!! :twisted:

ampassasinbirmingham
08-11-2003, 03:22 PM
my brain is frazzled:(

ampassasinbirmingham
08-11-2003, 03:31 PM
also like to add that mc ribbz is so safe!!! He appoligized to surgeon at the end of his set for maybe MCin to much.

Best club ive ever been to. Had a really nice feel to it.

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
why get ribbz to mc though?

fair enough he is a safe geezer, I have spoken to him at skelter and he is well into his techno but why have finke & sims booked him to MC???? :shock: :doh:

ampassasinbirmingham
08-11-2003, 07:18 PM
because it was fun. Dont ask silly questions JOHN!!!!!!

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 07:21 PM
fun!?!?! yeah right...

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 07:22 PM
I have seen ribbzy many times, and he isnt an mc to shout his head off chatting bollocks.

but MCs to techno is wrong BILLY!!!!!! ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
08-11-2003, 07:54 PM
seemed fun to me. Bit of light heartedness. A breath of fresh air when your used to the grimey depths of subway city. :evil:

ampassasinbirmingham
08-11-2003, 08:00 PM
but you wouldnt know about having fun since its been ages since you went out. You need to get ya disco shoes on ;)

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 08:05 PM
haha true ;) , what are you doing nye? are you going the jam?

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 08:05 PM
I was probably going to raves when you were sat in watching byker grove & blue peter mind... :lol: ;)

eyes without a face
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
i must agree i am very puzzled as to why they had Ribbz on, very puzzled indeed, but its Chris and Ben's club so its up to them i guess. I certainly wouldnt like or allow an MC to do his thing over my set thats for sure.

ampassasinbirmingham
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
erm marco bailey is at the jam:( i dont want him to infect me. Although i think Broom will be at the NYE jam. Not going the jam if its umek,billy nasty , ade fenton and bailey. They can lick my arse.

I want to go to the jam though. We usually go the jam. Bit of a party atmos, but if i go i will be sitting at the bar till bailey is finished.

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 08:19 PM
spot on scotty.

aye the line up is looking very dodgy, all they need is fergie on aswell and it would be hard housers techno bandwagon jumping heaven :lol: ;)

if broom is on I would be up for going, will have to see what anyone else is doing..I get paid in a couple of weeks so I want to book my tickets & trains in advance, so need to sort stuff out really.

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 08:19 PM
erm marco bailey is at the jam:( i dont want him to infect me.

hahahahahahaha lmao :lol:

eyes without a face
08-11-2003, 09:09 PM
i think we need to wait and see the lineup until we start slagging off a club thats has for the past 7 years came up with consistantly good lineups and has carved out a place in techno history dont you guys???? Fair enough Bailey might not be your cup of tea, but its NYE and the availability and fees of the Djs are somewhat different, i think we need to take these things into account.

for the record Ade isnt doing the Jam at NYE

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 09:15 PM
I was only joking, I have nothing but respect for the jam promoters.

but if that is the line up then (imo) it is poor.

eyes without a face
08-11-2003, 09:19 PM
as far as im aware Bailey is deffo on, but Umek and Billy Nasty are just rumours. Chris is playing and as cool as itl b too catch up with him and see him spin, im not sure il be in bham this NYE

Esox Lucius
08-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I heard a rumour on another board that the orbit are doing a one off night on nye with ignition technician, henrik b & thomas krome....cant see it myself though.

T
10-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Split was a good night friday. Surgeon was quality, and all the others including ribbz made it a top night....nice one :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
10-11-2003, 01:34 PM
didnt know you were there. what do you look like>?

T
10-11-2003, 02:27 PM
you there too? maybe we saw each other. I got blond hair about 6"1 fairly tall and skinny t shirt etc, was with girlfrind who is smaller with blond hair and not so skinny and another girl with long black hair, quite tall 6" or so. we were dancing it in the main room pretty much all night long...you have a good night???
that's the first surgeon set i've heard in over 3 years and I thought he was bloody good.

ampassasinbirmingham
10-11-2003, 02:37 PM
shit 3 years. living in birmingham ive herad surgeon more than any other dj i think. a part from dave clarke.

Subuteo
10-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Top Night, only just recovered! Surgeon was great, well worth waiting for. A bit pretty gutted though as I missed the last bit of his set. I was a bit too much of an eager beaver and left as soon as the music stopped, only to find when I got outside they turned it back on it again. The bloody bouncer wouldn't let me back in again either, so had to sit on the curb and suffer whilst all me mates were going their ends inside.

I really felt sorry for MC Ribbzy. I think the arseholes shouting abuse at him at the front were way out of order. I actually didn't think it sounded too bad although he may have talked a little bit too much for my liking. I seen him standing outside the toilets looking really upset so went over and spoke to him, and tried to cheer him up abit as oon enough he was back up on the mic with "Move ya body, Dance" "Are you having a good time?" :)

ampassasinbirmingham
10-11-2003, 11:20 PM
People shouted abuse???

I need to pay more attention. ****ing arseholes.

ampassasinbirmingham
10-11-2003, 11:42 PM
for some reason thats really got to me. Its made me feel really sour that people were shouting abuse. Things like that dont usually affect me. But that along with losing my telephone and bus pass has left a bitter feeling inside :evil:

Subuteo
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
I know I'm still fuming about it! It was only 3 or 4 dick heads constantly shouting 'SHUT THE **** UP YOU TWAT' at Ribbzy. No need at all..

T
11-11-2003, 02:11 PM
yeah Ribbzy was well alright and I'm usually from the school of no mc's over techno.....I hate negativity at parties and sounds like the geezas shouting at him weren't representative of me and others who were enjoying the dj's & ribbz in action. All in all a good night.

Jack S
11-11-2003, 03:09 PM
i was their to and i didnt realize people were givin mc ribbz a hard time. even if you dont like mc's( which i can tottally understand) theres no need to get like that. Personnally i thought it made a change to the norm and enjoyed it. Plus was chating to ribbz all night and he understood the techno and was a VERY safe bloke(no need to give him stick :evil: )

split
11-11-2003, 05:28 PM
I just want to say thanks to those who turned out on the night for this party.

A quick one one the subject of the MC...

A lot of the crowd on the night responded positively to him, and a few didnt which we expected. The reason we booked him was because we wanted to inject a bit of fun into the proceedings which is exactly what he did. Ribzz is from the old skool, he knows his techno and is the only MC we would trust to host the night. When i played with him on the night we worked it well together and he made sure that the other DJs that he worked with were OK with him and if not he backed off.

The scene, especially in London, has become a bit "moody" to say the least and we (FLUX and RETRO_VERT) have both decided from day one we are going to try and bring the party atmosphere back, which is, what we hope happened.

So to those who didnt enjoy it and to those who did, we are taking all your views on board and will continue to improve what we do at every event.

WATCH OUT FOR 2004!!

SPLIT

ampassasinbirmingham
11-11-2003, 06:26 PM
party atomos it sure was. best party ive ever been to. I need more split parties at that same wiked club

T
12-11-2003, 10:08 AM
nice one split.....I've not been out too much this year but have been to a few retro verts/flux nights which i've really enjoyed. I look forward to some more qulity & fun techno parties in the future
and yeah I find London not too hot for going out these days or maybe i just don't get out enough?? Am glad there are still some people (eg retroverts/lost/liberators etc) with the energy & desire to put on techno nights in London and keep the music scene (however big or small) alive & fun for those of us who love our techno :clap:

Jack S
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
First time id been to london to hear some techno and i was wonderin whether the atmos would be as freindly as up in birmingham. And i have to defenatly say Split was one of the best events ive been to (musically & atmos) for a long while. Its a night thats really got the party vibe! dont know about the other techno nights in town but splits defenatly what it should be like.

def gonna be at the nxt one.

Techno-warlord
12-11-2003, 02:08 PM
The Ribbin Ribbz was getting was all light humoured as far as I could see. The same people were having a laugh, chatting with him and giving him fags (probably to shut him up).

He can't beat Blake Baxter when he was MC'ing and singing while DJ'ing can he ?

Good night overall.

Si the Sigh
12-11-2003, 02:16 PM
I say fair fu*king play for booking Sean (Ribbz). He has to be the UK's finest MC, and one of the best things about his is his knowlege of the music & when to shut up & when to speak. Respect to the promoters for trying / daring to do something a bit different to stop the events / parties getting stale & boring. :clap: ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==