PDA

View Full Version : cubases phiano roll thing

nova
22-09-2006, 12:27 PM
hey. how do i get that shuffle thing open in the phiano roll thing in cubase. i done it. now forgot how to open it. just comes up as a little wiundow with a slider to adjuyst the swiunmg or wot ever. not in qauntize options at top. its a window that opens when in the phiano roll.

safe :)

nova
22-09-2006, 07:22 PM
swing sorry or shuffle. any 1

danielmarshall
23-09-2006, 03:30 AM
FL Studio speak.. You're going to like this program mate :)

You're looking for the quantize setting at the top of your screen. It's next to the quantize snap button that looks like this:

>|<

(incedently you can toggle this on and off with the "j" key. I'm doing this constantly)

Click on the sub-menu and select Setup. From there you can do all sorts of funky stuff. Lots of very powerful features here.

nova
23-09-2006, 04:39 PM
ha ha! nice. ill giv it a tri. im looking for that box ya can bring up whilst in the phiano roll. ive opened it before. and it had a slider to ajust the swing and shuffle. just found it cool to adjust the swing that way. rather then quantize. it opened realy easy i just cant remember.

danielmarshall
24-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, that's the one. After you've adjusted your swing or set triplets or used groove quantize (I like this one :D) you can save it as a preset, which you can select as your current quantize snap at the bottom of that list.

nova
24-09-2006, 07:40 PM
cool. but how do i open up the box to adjust the swing. i cant open it for the life of me. and remember how i did open it. think it was a right click and in the options list. but now when i look i cant see it in there?????

danielmarshall
25-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Oh, sorry I got confused... it's the menu directly to the left of the colour selector. Look up "Quantize" in the Cubase help file. It has a pretty good explaination of everything.

nova
25-09-2006, 12:33 PM
oh no probs dan. cheers for ya help mate. il check out the help file lol!

278d7e64a374de26f==