PDA

View Full Version : why do you like techno?

Mucky Beats
24-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Right i like techno because .... i could spend my whole life 24/7 listening to it and realy it wouldnt get shit ..... its the best x

Aratron
24-09-2006, 01:37 PM
i love techno because it sounds sound bloody druggy

i couldnt listen to it 24/7 tho.

i like everything aswell. best not to spoil it

theledge
24-09-2006, 01:39 PM
well i think ther`s a few strands but purely as far as the music goes, this strange quirky electrnic trance-inducing sound grabbed me by the throat aged about 17 and has held me enthralled ever since

I love it!

dan the acid man
24-09-2006, 01:45 PM
i love it because there's so many different styles and varieties of techno.

MorePunkThanFunk
24-09-2006, 02:17 PM
i've never really figured out why i like it, as some days you can listen to it and it just dosen't do it for you and on other days its just amazing listening to it

Dirtyacid
24-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I like techno because it sounds dirty & different & it doesn,t attract knobheads & pondlife who cause fights where techno is played their is a more relaxed atmoshpere & it makes you feel comfy if you catch my drift

theledge
24-09-2006, 03:47 PM
i've never really figured out why i like it, as some days you can listen to it and it just dosen't do it for you and on other days its just amazing listening to it

much the same as many styles of music tho I suppose.

It does have a certain special something for me, that somehow goes above and beyond most other music, even that which I love

Can never quite put my finger on what it is though :roll:

Maybe thats part the magic

Lag
24-09-2006, 04:44 PM
i just love the bass in it
boom boom boom
u know what i mean?

Miromiric
24-09-2006, 04:45 PM
yes! dancing all night to the bass makes me extatic

jeroenliebregts
24-09-2006, 05:45 PM
but only as long as there's no voices in it, right Ryuuku?
;)

eyeswithoutaface
24-09-2006, 06:12 PM
i love the fact grown men argue about it on internet forums

lovely stuff

capone13
24-09-2006, 06:16 PM
It makes me touch myself. ;)

Na, I like it cause it's some hefty pounding stuff, the bass and general energy in the tracks. :)

'Mon Le Techno!! :cheese:

Lag
24-09-2006, 08:27 PM
but only as long as there's no voices in it, right Ryuuku?
;)
i like voices dude
just not voices that be saying "oh yeah" and "muuusic... its the muusic"
thats just plain gay

Little_Fella!
24-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I like techno because it sounds dirty & different & it doesn,t attract knobheads & pondlife who cause fights where techno is played their is a more relaxed atmoshpere & it makes you feel comfy if you catch my drift

My thoughts also... :)

I've always prefered the techno side of dance music right the way through, but properly fell in love with it when I started going to squat parties in London and listened to it in its true environment- big rig, lots of people from different countries etc... :love:

Once you had been in there for say 10+ hours or so, you seemed to become a part of some sort of techno machinery, at one with it all I suppose, and just kept on going....!!

The music was the power... :cool:

electoad
24-09-2006, 09:53 PM
hmmm - i think my brain is wired that way - I think it always has been since I was a little takker -
Have always been exposed to a massive cross-section of music and techno always does it for me.

judas_beast
24-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I like Techno because its the sound inside my head. Also, I've taken too many drugs in years gone by!!

Stella Boy
24-09-2006, 10:55 PM
cos it's bangin innit

fac
25-09-2006, 03:26 AM
its the only music i can have at least a bit of fun at when i'm on one of my endless drug trips

fac
25-09-2006, 03:28 AM
i love the fact grown men argue about it on internet forums ryuuku is no grown man...

Lag
25-09-2006, 05:00 AM
true, that
which makes me only 3 times less gay than u ;P

fac
25-09-2006, 02:41 PM
todays teenager have no respect :(

oldbugger
25-09-2006, 07:19 PM
i like it because its mundane and repetitive and thats all my brain can cope with.
i especially like minimal techno because its even simpler. i like all the simple things in life ;)

C-Form
25-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Coz it's ****in tame. :lol:

stebrown
26-09-2006, 02:23 AM
i love it because there's so many different styles and varieties of techno.

me too :)

judas_beast
26-09-2006, 12:49 PM
I likes Armadillos.

Technobitch
26-09-2006, 01:41 PM
because of the way it makes me feel, no other music 'does it' for me in the same way!!!

its all about the techno, although i cant listen to it all the time coz it gets me to excited :cheese:

A.P.
26-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Because it's like sex...exciting an ridiculous...hehe!

nick_anarchy
26-09-2006, 02:45 PM
haha interesting one al

eviled303
26-09-2006, 05:29 PM
its the electronic equivalent of slayer. except slayer are better. and so are sepultura pantera and tool. shame there arnt as many people in this country who like it any more. britain is the techno pauper of europe. still love it tho, just dont ask me to try and promote it any more, hahaha, **** that shit, let someone else burn a hole in their pocket!!! still quite sad that the last ten years has spawned an idiot britain generation who dont like it!!! R.I.P. leeds techno btw, praying for darkside to return!!!

ds2
26-09-2006, 07:59 PM
R.I.P. leeds techno btw, praying for darkside to return!!!

pray for some new venues in leeds while you're at it :lol:

doing some bank holiday parties next year but so far nothing more regular. i'm looking though so fingers crossed.

:thumbsup:

The Overfiend
26-09-2006, 09:16 PM
its the electronic equivalent of slayer. except slayer are better. and so are sepultura pantera and tool. shame there arnt as many people in this country who like it any more. britain is the techno pauper of europe. still love it tho, just dont ask me to try and promote it any more, hahaha, **** that shit, let someone else burn a hole in their pocket!!! still quite sad that the last ten years has spawned an idiot britain generation who dont like it!!! R.I.P. leeds techno btw, praying for darkside to return!!!

Dave Lombardo loves techno.
Fact.

The Overfiend
26-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I love techno because it gives me the ability to express how I feel without saying anything at all.
I can show aggression, pain, sorrow, happiness, and Lust.
All at the same time.

BRADLEE
27-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I'd have to agree with Ant on this one. It's also good because not only can these emotions be expressed, but with the proper tunes, they can be conveyed by another to yourself as well being the listener. Plus, the sounds have always been and sometimes continue to be something new and diverse compaired to most genre of musik. Litterally, techno is what you make of it. If you can take a suzy wets her pants and sample it, then turn it into a track, now that is forward thinking. The only limit placed upon it is the limits we all set within our minds and abilities.

Lag
27-09-2006, 02:22 AM
pain, happiness.
All at the same time.
mazochist?

27-09-2006, 03:54 AM
I like it because it actually has a 4/4 kick and its not corny. I got really into it again recently because DnB is so not doing it for me currently. Its also nice how many styles can exist at one time instead of just one or two dominant sounds like DnB does.

27-09-2006, 03:56 AM

Fact.

Nice, where did you hear or read that? That sounds like an interesting read. Funny, I was into a heavy metal revival mode of buying music before I started buying techno records again this past winter.

Lag
27-09-2006, 04:00 AM
just one or two dominant sounds like DnB does.
what the hell?

27-09-2006, 04:00 AM
its the electronic equivalent of slayer. except slayer are better.

Better in what respect? I have techno records in my collection that are far darker and satanic then anything Slayer ever did and techno can do it without words.

:devilish:

27-09-2006, 04:03 AM
just one or two dominant sounds like DnB does.
what the hell?

DNB is all about clownstep/techstep and liquid funk (a new term for atmospheric apparently) at the moment. Not really into it. I'm waiting for the 'ardkore sound to return again.... it did for a while 2000 - 2003 which is when I bought the most records ever in my life all in a short span of time.

Lag
27-09-2006, 04:12 AM
check therapy sessions
dylan, robin, panacea, raiden, gein etc

The Overfiend
27-09-2006, 04:27 AM

Fact.

Nice, where did you hear or read that? That sounds like an interesting read. Funny, I was into a heavy metal revival mode of buying music before I started buying techno records again this past winter.

They interviewed him for the project he did with Dj Spooky
He made the mention on the drummy material

ReakZ
27-09-2006, 08:23 AM
well its pretty simple in my case
energetic music for energetic people :cheese: and another thinks is
in my opinion its the richest electronic music genre of them all cuz of big variety of subgenres(hard minimal click dark acid ect..)

eviled303
27-09-2006, 12:50 PM

Better in what respect? I have techno records in my collection that are far darker and satanic then anything Slayer ever did and techno can do it without words.

errr, it was just a personal opinion, not meant to be taken too literally or seriously. just having a bit of a laugh by talking about thrash metal on a techno forum. its hard having a laugh on this forum man, everyones very serious!!!!

eviled303
27-09-2006, 12:51 PM
ps, thanks to summerofsam for the 'dave lombardo likes techno' info. he's a legend, new slayer album rules, his drums are incredible for an old man!!!! bring on brixton acadamy on nov 20th!!!!!

fac
27-09-2006, 01:03 PM
its hard having a laugh on this forum man, everyones very serious!!!!yes, you are right. i present you some smiles:

:lol: :) :cheese:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/250px-KildLaughing.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/lachen.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/lachen.gif
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/Lachen-ist-gesund.gif
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/d-018-01-02-ew-rentner-rgb_kl.jpg

eviled303
27-09-2006, 01:12 PM
its hard having a laugh on this forum man, everyones very serious!!!!yes, you are right. i present you some smiles:

:lol: :) :cheese:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/250px-KildLaughing.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/lachen.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/lachen.gif
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/Lachen-ist-gesund.gif
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/fac303/d-018-01-02-ew-rentner-rgb_kl.jpg

:lol: :cheese: :) :love: :oops:

The Overfiend
27-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah I have plenty of friends in techno with a thrash metal background it's no surprise.
The Hip hop as well and they make a more funkier brand of material.

justin schumacher
27-09-2006, 10:35 PM
i love techno simply because their are no vocals telling me what a particular track means. the subtleties and obscureness of the sounscapes touch emotions that can not be defined by words. they are immaculate feelings that transcend space and time!!!!!

the more obvious stuff.... big synths, pads, riffs etc are great too, but it's the subtle shit that really gets me going. it's like, "am I hearing that correctly", "did you hear that too?", whatever, I hear what I perceive, whereas your brain might perceive it differently and register a different aspect of any given tune.

besides my nerdy definition, i absolutely adore chest massaging low frequencies on a big rig. who doesn't? :rambo:

in fact anybody who doesn't rubs me suspicious.

dan the acid man
28-09-2006, 12:50 AM
great point about not having any vocals to tell you what to feel about the music :cool:

justin schumacher
28-09-2006, 01:00 AM
great point about not having any vocals to tell you what to feel about the music :cool:

not having LYRICS makes more sense now that I think about it.
there are tons of tracks w/ vocals that are used as sound elements as opposed to conveying some sort of message.

28-09-2006, 02:53 AM

Fact.

Neat! Do you have a link to that? :eyes:

28-09-2006, 02:55 AM

errr, it was just a personal opinion, not meant to be taken too literally or seriously. just having a bit of a laugh by talking about thrash metal on a techno forum. its hard having a laugh on this forum man, everyones very serious!!!!

Metal and Techno are very serious matters. Happyhardcore is not. :lol:

holotropik
28-09-2006, 08:00 AM
i love techno simply because their are no vocals telling me what a particular track means. the subtleties and obscureness of the sounscapes touch emotions that can not be defined by words. they are immaculate feelings that transcend space and time!!!!!

the more obvious stuff.... big synths, pads, riffs etc are great too, but it's the subtle shit that really gets me going. it's like, "am I hearing that correctly", "did you hear that too?", whatever, I hear what I perceive, whereas your brain might perceive it differently and register a different aspect of any given tune.

besides my nerdy definition, i absolutely adore chest massaging low frequencies on a big rig. who doesn't? :rambo:

in fact anybody who doesn't rubs me suspicious.

I see it the same way.
I love how diff peeps hear diff things
or
how the one track can present diff things
at diff times depending on your perception.

farken trippy stuff ;)

Technobitch
28-09-2006, 10:06 AM

Metal and Techno are very serious matters. Happyhardcore is not. :lol:

:lol:

holotropik
28-09-2006, 10:10 AM
I find it very easy to have a laugh in here.

Little_Fella!
01-10-2006, 01:25 AM

not having LYRICS makes more sense now that I think about it.
there are tons of tracks w/ vocals that are used as sound elements as opposed to conveying some sort of message.

Yeah, totally into this...

For me vocals just get in the way of the music and take up room in the mix...

Clever use of a vocal hook that fits in with or adds to the emotion that is being conveyed is great... other wise nah! :razz:

Sinister_Minister
01-10-2006, 03:29 AM
I love techno because it scratches a deep itch.

I love techno and anyone who loves it.

Roxy Trip
01-10-2006, 05:05 PM
i just love it. because i do.

sorry i cant go into deep meaningful story about it :lol: :cheese:

The Overfiend
01-10-2006, 07:45 PM

Fact.

Neat! Do you have a link to that? :eyes:

Not at this moment, it was in an interview done when he had done the collab project with Dj Spooky.

ollie303
03-10-2006, 02:03 AM
i love techno because people that dont like it seem to think im a big 2 unlimited fan!

Little_Fella!
03-10-2006, 03:56 AM
i love techno because people that dont like it seem to think im a big 2 unlimited fan!

Heh heh....

Yeah, this is amusing.... whenever i'm twittering away to someone who's just asked, "So, what music do you produce then?", I look them in the eye, knowing they wont have a clue, n say, "Techno..., you know, 'There's no limit..!!' n all that...". To which they nod knowingly....

Oh yes.... :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==