PDA

View Full Version : rhythm technologies - energy thrash (beltram bootleg)

rhythmtech
25-09-2006, 05:04 AM
just something i did to play out. sorry if it upsets anyone :oops:

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-energy_thrash.mp3

:paranoid:

force
25-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Like it mate........ would have prefered it a bit dirtier....... Grittier

Thats the tune that got me into techno.

BTW.....what the f*ck you doin up at 4 o clock on a monday mornin? talk about 'stay up forever'

rhythmtech
25-09-2006, 12:25 PM
yeah.. coulda went down the dirty route but its already been done on clones so decided on a cleaner version

yeah.. 4 am is a bit l8.. but when ye get workin its hard to stop

thomas_figo
25-09-2006, 04:27 PM
i agree. could a bit harder and dirtier. top tune anyway

eyeswithoutaface
25-09-2006, 06:36 PM
cool idea but some tracks just really dont need bootlegging, no matter whose doing it. Original is mindblowing all the time

rhythmtech
25-09-2006, 08:34 PM
cool idea but some tracks just really dont need bootlegging, no matter whose doing it. Original is mindblowing all the time

yeah but the whole point was to fit it into a 140->144 set and the original just sounds silly warped at those speeds..

anyway its nuttin serious just nice to try a differant take on something :cheese:

eyeswithoutaface
25-09-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah i get the point, but i'd just take my set down to incorporate the original. Some tracks demand more respect than others. Production sounds good, alot fuller than your usual stuff i'd say actually, i just find such bootlegs of such seminal records pointless

robin m
26-09-2006, 01:03 AM
I like this actually, I see where eyes is coming from about bootlegs but I don't totally agree... any tune is fair game for a remix as far as I'm concerned, it's just the more highly regarded it is the more you'd best be prepared to be brutally slated if it's shit.

Energy Flash is an undisputed classic but I'm glad that clones bootleg is kicking around for eg, I play that all the time and it always goes down well... this track takes the tune in another direction, and is clever enough, well produced enough and respectful enough to get away with it.

My opinion - fair play, very good job :clap:

rhythmtech
26-09-2006, 01:26 AM
cheerz m8.

dan the acid man
26-09-2006, 01:48 AM
i agree with eyes on this one, but fair do's for having a go at this, im sure when you play it in a set people will love it.

as for the production, sounds good, nice bassline and pretty clean :)

stjohn
26-09-2006, 02:48 AM
this would deffo go down well in a set.
especially the end bit that sounds like 'oh when the saints'

i think theres merit in redoing old tracks... why not?

acidguru
26-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Nice production again,even though it´s not my cup of tea.And to add a little statement to the comments made,i have to say that in my opinion covering a track automatically means respecting it,cheers!

judas_beast
26-09-2006, 12:26 PM
I believe the term is 'lol'. I like your 'version' and I think covering old classics is more akin to giving them respect really. Production sounds nice and tight but the tracks a little bit too clean and ''pleasant'' for me. Good work though.

eyeswithoutaface
26-09-2006, 07:49 PM
chill out girls its my opinion, nothing more nothing less. Some tracks IMO really dont need touching, bootleg, to play out in a 140bpm set or whatever. I didnt like the Clones either, bully me for thinking some tracks are just perfect as they are

rhythmtech
26-09-2006, 08:31 PM
i dont think the ladies are gettin annoyed with your opinion scott.. i think they're just offering their own which just happens to be the opposite of yours. so everyone is cool & the gang

:cool:

eyeswithoutaface
26-09-2006, 08:43 PM
it was more at the "lol" from Judas there. I just personally think the whole bootleg thing has been done to death, techno is about 25 years old now and i guess i'd just like to see a little more originality on the whole, not specifically from you or anyone, but i know i'd be more interested if say people made a bit more effort and did some actual cover versions instead of just the normal slap some extra perc on, a harder kick and call it a "remix" or a bootleg. I did a cover of Tour De France not too long ago for fun, would of been easy just to sample the record and bootleg it but whats the point of that? even to play out, where's the originality? For me there isnt any. Work the parts out, score the actual track and play some real instruments or something, shake things up a bit and add a truely personal stamp to the proceedings

we need more musicianship in techno, thats a fact for sure, i just feel threads like this are a good opportunity to express that. Thats all :) . like i said, it sounds really good, nice and phat, but i know if i heard it out id just think "well, great, but i'd rather hear the original" just like i do with most bootlegs i hear. I think the term bootleg is a really dirty, disrespectful thing

bout time there was more actual discussion in here, makes is alot more interesting, just how it used to be a couple of years back :)

rhythmtech
26-09-2006, 08:58 PM
discussion is a very good thing...

im the opposite way of thinking about things though.. i love a good bootleg. i love being on a dancefloor and hearing something totally new when something i recognise drops over it. the clones bootleg for me was lovely.

but its each to their own really innit.. thats what makes it all happen.. variety :)

eyeswithoutaface
26-09-2006, 09:05 PM
yeah definately, god the most annoying thing is when people just follow each other like fecking sheep in fear of speaking their mind for a change.

I used to love a good bootleg, until it dawned on me just how much they hold things back and inevitably just become a nostalgic ego trip for most people who do them. Certainly those who actively release them. Ive not interest in labels like Clone at all, if someones gonna go to that much trouble to put out a record then they should just come up with their own original material instead of pilfering from days of yore as it were. Again just my opinion, ive got mates who have been bootlegged and ended up in unpleasant situations both financially and artistically because of it, it's not always a good thing.

detfella
26-09-2006, 11:39 PM
yeah nee bad, for me there is too much percussion going on. what you've added works ok, but its taking away from the wawa waa woom woom :)

detfella
26-09-2006, 11:43 PM
re the bootlegs, i dont mind people doing there own re-edits but when you try and cash in on bootys im not for it. i've had distro people ask me to do mashups but its always a no! bootlegs still out sell a lot of new releases so I can see why people go for it, just for a quick buck.

judas_beast
27-09-2006, 01:06 AM
The 'lol' was actually the track, as it made me laugh, in a good way, as remix's/bootlegs/putting a harder kick unders(!) often do. Feeling a bit paranoid to day are we?
it was more at the "lol" from Judas there. I just personally think the whole bootleg thing has been done to death, techno is about 25 years old now and i guess i'd just like to see a little more originality on the whole, not specifically from you or anyone, but i know i'd be more interested if say people made a bit more effort and did some actual cover versions instead of just the normal slap some extra perc on, a harder kick and call it a "remix" or a bootleg. I did a cover of Tour De France not too long ago for fun, would of been easy just to sample the record and bootleg it but whats the point of that? even to play out, where's the originality? For me there isnt any. Work the parts out, score the actual track and play some real instruments or something, shake things up a bit and add a truely personal stamp to the proceedings

we need more musicianship in techno, thats a fact for sure, i just feel threads like this are a good opportunity to express that. Thats all :) . like i said, it sounds really good, nice and phat, but i know if i heard it out id just think "well, great, but i'd rather hear the original" just like i do with most bootlegs i hear. I think the term bootleg is a really dirty, disrespectful thing

bout time there was more actual discussion in here, makes is alot more interesting, just how it used to be a couple of years back :)

rhythmtech
27-09-2006, 02:21 AM
The 'lol' was actually the track, as it made me laugh, in a good way, as remix's/bootlegs/putting a harder kick unders(!) often do

in fairness its a lot more than just a kick. the bassline has been re-done, theres percussion added and a whole new synth line. in fact, the only original parts are the pad, vocal, 303 & hi-hats.

eyeswithoutaface
27-09-2006, 07:39 AM
paranoid? u obviously dont know me so id refrain from such silly comments to be honest mate ;)

judas_beast
27-09-2006, 12:45 PM
/me bangs head against wall! Rythm:did I say it was just sticking a kick under it? No, pretty sure I didnt, in fact, I'm all in favour of re-interpreting old calssics. eyesw/o: well, the LOL wasn't directed at you, so it is kinda paranoid to think it is. Any way, to recap, yeh I like the track!!

rhythmtech
27-09-2006, 01:40 PM
sorry m8... just the way you worded it confused me :) its all good in the hood...

eyeswithoutaface
27-09-2006, 08:10 PM
massive difference between confusion and paranoia. I've not had one paranoid thought in my entire life, and i dare say i wont. Paranoia is for girls

judas_beast
27-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Damn the internet, its too easy get the total wrong end of the stick.

eyeswithoutaface
27-09-2006, 11:47 PM
tis indeed

278d7e64a374de26f==