PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Jam now at The Sanctuary

kebabman
10-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Atomic Jam has been moved to The Sanctuary this Saturday due to "Circumstances beyond control". To make matters worse Sundissential will be in The Dance Factory. Oink Oink Rave Rave etc. etc. :doh:

paranoid666
10-10-2003, 02:05 PM
no way.Still going though.

Esox Lucius
10-10-2003, 02:24 PM
sanctuary is still a safe venue.

kebabman
10-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I concur! I was looking forward to a last blowout at the Que Club. The Jam's website said something about Saturday night probably being the last Jam this year. Have heard rumours that planning permission has gone through for the Que to turn it into something that only the very rich could benefit from, so we can kiss goodbye to it as a venue.
Anyway if they open up the Dance Factory to the rest of the club at least the SS revheads can sample something of much higher quality.

Esox Lucius
10-10-2003, 03:55 PM
nah they wont open the whole venue, they didnt on nye anyway.

if its the last one of the year, then I take it they aren't doing a nye party anywhere? gutted if so :cry:

eyes without a face
10-10-2003, 04:29 PM
bit depressing that, but the Sanctuary is still a good venue, the main room is a wikid room

djbuzzbe
10-10-2003, 04:59 PM
i cant fcking believe dis!i thought it was a wind up but it is true i was so looking forward to the que club now its moved to a hardhouse club!basically a top nite to be bin ruined well done jam :clap:

Esox Lucius
10-10-2003, 05:31 PM
i cant fcking believe dis!i thought it was a wind up but it is true i was so looking forward to the que club now its moved to a hardhouse club!basically a top nite to be bin ruined well done jam :clap:

wind your neck in mate!!

for a start the sanctuary isnt a hard house club, it's a venue for ****s sake, there might be hard house nights there, but there has been at the que aswell!

have you actually ever been to the sanctuary? it's a good venue, the night will still be class.

and why are you dissing the jam, it probably wasnt their fault, you should really get your facts straight before you start blaming them.

rant over...

DJ Weiss
10-10-2003, 05:58 PM
I concur! I was looking forward to a last blowout at the Que Club. The Jam's website said something about Saturday night probably being the last Jam this year. Have heard rumours that planning permission has gone through for the Que to turn it into something that only the very rich could benefit from, so we can kiss goodbye to it as a venue.
Anyway if they open up the Dance Factory to the rest of the club at least the SS revheads can sample something of much higher quality.

The Que club is going to be developed into a block of luxuary flats... Grrrr... BUT as the economic climet isn't great at the moment, that could take a year or more, till things are on the up again (its all about timing)

The venue is going to be opened up at 1am (i think)... .as you said, we'll have to start a kidnapping campain, and get some day glo children to sample Dave Clarke... i hope he's in a bad mood :rambo:

djbuzzbe
10-10-2003, 06:00 PM
firstly downwards iv bin to the sanctuary hundred times but doesnt cum close to the que club which was one of the best venues around secondly it will be full of hardhouse gimps fcked on ket with dummies in there mouths dressed up like fcking xmas trees!fair enough jam probaly aint to blame but were can i get a refund from :eh:

Esox Lucius
10-10-2003, 06:07 PM
fair enough, but i doubt it will be any different to any other jam night, the sundissential part will probably be closed off, there are always some cybers in the jam anyway, **** them dont let them bother you.

god knows where you can go for a refund, e.mail danny or something.

you should still go, if not just to see ruskin & technasia!

eyes without a face
10-10-2003, 06:08 PM
you are a complete fool, if u realised how hard it is to actually stage a night as big as Atomic Jam then you would be eating your words. Im surprised they got the Sanctuary at such short notice, you should be glad that the event is still taking place.

The Sanctuary is a wikid venue and the last time Atomic Jam were there it was a seriously rocking party

Esox Lucius
10-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Innit nye was qulaity.

eyes without a face
10-10-2003, 06:43 PM
twas indeed, i couldnt believe just how simliar to the Q club it was, but on a smaller scale

kebabman
10-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Yep, NYE rocked.

dannyjam
10-10-2003, 08:28 PM
hello everybody,
as you all know we have had to move saturdays party to the sanctuary. this was not by choice. we only became aware that things were not right with the que late yesterday afternoon. it looked for a while that we would have no choice but to cancel. the sanctuary became available after sundissential agreed to run their own night separately in the dance factory using a separate entrance to the rear of the building, thus keeping both nights apart. we are left to use the main sanctuary building and it's four or so rooms meaning that the lineup remains unchanged as do the hours. after the que club this is probably the most suitable venue in brum. unless we get somewhere for nye this will more than likely be our last event of the year.
cheers for all you support.
the music is just as important as venues!
hopefully see a good few of you on saturday.

atomic-jam

eyes without a face
10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
hey danny

good call, sound of sunny d to compromise like they have and now everyones happy.

see u tommorow

BritishMurderBoy
12-10-2003, 05:06 PM
was a great party last night.

seeing technasia live was a fantastic experience.. i almost wet myself when siegling started singing the words to force over the mike...

ruskin was quality as usual as was DC..

finke was v. good again despite a poping left deck and a right deck that skipped :doh: he's turning into an excellent resident..

again the MC talked about it being the "last jam" if you ask me it's all bollox the ammount of times we've been told it could be the last jam is silly.. any event theat can pack out the sanctuary like the jam did last night is going to get a venue.. and with the acts they've been getting recentl;y i can't see it being the end just yet..

dannyjam
13-10-2003, 12:11 AM
i don't recall ever saying any event was going to be the last ever jam.
i have no intention of stopping atomic-jam while people still want to go. if we don't get a venue for nye, saturday will have been our last event of the year, i might have mentioned that, but that only. sorry for any confusion, i'll have to brush up on my mike skills!
we'll find out very soon whether nye is possible anywhere as most venues will be at the point of deciding what they are doing if they haven't already done so.
glad you enjoyed saturday night, i was very relieved we got the party on, it was looking like doom and gloom on thursday afternoon. it was great the way things suddenly turned around and fell into place and everybody gave their full support, big big thanks to everybody who made the effort.

danny
atomic-jam

eyes without a face
13-10-2003, 12:30 PM
indeed, atomic jam on saturday turned out to be one of the best jams ive been to. Sure everyone is a little upset its not at the Q, but the sanctuary is a class venue, its basically a mini Q club anyway and the atmosphere was class on saturday, a real atomic jam atmosphere, you have to be there to get what i mean but it was wikid. All the djs were spot on, and the live act was stunning, live vocals and that big gong as well haha, superb. Ade finished the night well with a classic end of the jam finishing set, hard and quite fast at times. All in all a wikid jam, big thanks to Danny for the night and it was cool to see u again

scott

Stuart
14-10-2003, 10:51 AM

It's not a hard house club Inukshuk was there before Sundissential took over our saturdays

BritishMurderBoy
15-10-2003, 12:31 PM
i don't recall ever saying any event was going to be the last ever jam.
i have no intention of stopping atomic-jam while people still want to go. if we don't get a venue for nye, saturday will have been our last event of the year, i might have mentioned that, but that only. sorry for any confusion, i'll have to brush up on my mike skills!
we'll find out very soon whether nye is possible anywhere as most venues will be at the point of deciding what they are doing if they haven't already done so.
glad you enjoyed saturday night, i was very relieved we got the party on, it was looking like doom and gloom on thursday afternoon. it was great the way things suddenly turned around and fell into place and everybody gave their full support, big big thanks to everybody who made the effort.

danny
atomic-jam

sorry danny didn't mean to misinterpret you just with all the stuff about the que club etc. a regular like me tends to become sceptical when you say it may be the last night of the year..

the sanctuary was rammed on saturday, why they wouldn't want to hold another one is beyond me? also with the quality of the acts you have been getting recently you will always be able to pull a decent sized crowd.

long live AJ :notworthy:

dan

p.s. stuart make you avatar smaller you muppet ;)

Esox Lucius
15-10-2003, 12:38 PM
long live the jam!

it is always packed, even early on it still is.

kebabman
15-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Sound as a pound. Fantastic night, it ****ing rocked. All this uncertainty over NYE is doing my ulcer no good though.

278d7e64a374de26f==