PDA

View Full Version : thomas_figo_____distorted redemption.

thomas_figo
25-09-2006, 04:22 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/26261B212D329811

opinions r more than welcome as that tune isnt finished yet.

stjohn
26-09-2006, 02:54 AM
likeing the sound of this from the start! ruff as fck. id say try and variate the main crunchy loop a bit more, throw some more rhythmns in there. u start to notice it during the break down... kicks in nice there.

ill have a listen again 2moro a bit louder!!

good stuff

thomas_figo
26-09-2006, 08:49 AM
thanx m8

thomas_figo
26-09-2006, 08:59 AM
anyone else??? honesty pls. i dont mind critic as well

BRADLEE
26-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Mr.Figo,

You’ve got a really good structure to work with it seems. Starts off with a nice heavy kick, adds a nice thick bass element to it as well right quick. The bass sounds really nice with the kick drum for sure. Maybe the kick could be a little bit more compressed, but don’t mess about with it too much. Maybe just a touch more gain cause it seems to get a little bit lost when the main percussive element comes in.

I think the main percussive section is indeed proper, but a little bit harsh for my personal tastes. I think just a touch of HPfilter on it could do the trick if you’re highly keen on that sound. Otherwise for me, I would just make a slightly different rhythm that has less distortion value to it. Or I guess you could always just back off the drive a little bit on your distortion unit.

Could maybe just use another pattern of percussion I think after the break too for more progression. Either that or some sort of synth element. Could be a really creepy pad noise or could be some harsh sounding high stab too. Maybe with all of the other elements a stab would be most appropriate.

Now onto the edits as well. I think you’ve really got a good grasp of when to add them in and how to make a smooth transition. My only critique in that would be to make them just a touch more diverse. The simple filter/flanger combo is a very common thing, so perhaps just try to deviate from that slightly if possible. If you are using reason, which is what this sounds to me, then perhaps just render out the edit as a wave file, then you can cut it up, re-arrange it, add some more fx, re-render it, then re-import it back into your project.

Man I hope this all doesn’t sound like some rant, and I don’t want you to think I’m a picky bastard either. :lol: I’m just trying to give you the most helpful and accurate feedback that I can give you. I hope it is such.

I think you’ve definitely got mad potential, and are already running down the right track for making some proper dance floor techno. So please keep at it and let me hear more and more from you. Thanks for sharing and please forgive me for going on so long.

thomas_figo
26-09-2006, 11:09 PM
thanx a lot m8.thats what i expect fm this forum.im here not for showing my staff off bcouse i think its great but bcouse i need directions whith u just gave me.so dont worry about negative feedback,that is what im after really. ur advises r really helpfull.i can see the point of them straight away in my mind. i'll try to inpfoof it according to ur thoughts, and send u final version when is ready.
im really happy to hear ur staff as a reference
regards

ps. i dont use reason. its fruity loops 6.

BRADLEE
26-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I also use FL6 for the main portion of my tracks. So we're in the same boat then ;)

force
26-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Great work Mr Figo, (not the footballer are you???)

Some lovely 'filth' going on in this.

:thumbsup:

detfella
27-09-2006, 12:05 AM
hey hey tomas! i checked out your track but you were off work on wednesday. they're getting better with each track. the phased part at 1.21 sounds a bit overdosed in effects (adjust that dry/wet fader!) Liking your fsssssshhhhhhhhhhhww sound to bring it back in, but whats with the voice @ 2.17?? it takes away from the impact, for me anyway ;) some nice edits but I know you want to make them work smoother! speak to you tnrw! good work fella!

278d7e64a374de26f==