PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS LIEBING-EVOLUTION

DJPAUZE
10-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Just got this EP, ****ing insane, what did you guys think?
triple pack cant beat it!!!!

Pauze :twisted:

DJPAUZE
10-10-2003, 05:54 PM
http://www.cl-rec.com/new/ here is the site, got some sound samples at the top for those who want to listen...

anx
10-10-2003, 06:48 PM
its on its way. my buddy has it and i think its awesome! 13 tracks of liebing goodness...

jonnyspeed
10-10-2003, 09:53 PM
just found this review of it... might buy it.

REVIEW: Chris Liebing – Evolution (CL Records)
Pour me a stiff drink – it's a concept techno album. According to the press release, the backdrop to this album is the future of human evolution. Forgive the short paraphrase, but the explanation (read excuse) for this work bangs on and on about over-population, the possibility of descending into barbarism and the rise of a giant race of beings genetically engineered to look like Bobby Davro. Or something. I'll paint a more simple picture: it's the kind of directionless and jarring bass bothering nonsense that fans off The Matrix would probably enjoy pleasuring themselves to. If you're in a club and someone suddenly dropped 'American Madness' or 'Fires Of Hell?', everyone would go mad. And quite right too. But listening to it at home is as dark and moody as Marilyn Manson insisting on wearing his prosthesis and slap while he takes tea with his Nan. Apparently this album set out to answer some of life's toughest questions. I'm left with only one at the end: Why?
Release date: 29 Sep
Press Contact: Rocketscience Media [all]

The Overfiend
11-10-2003, 02:48 AM
Did'nt like it. The interludes and atmospheres were great. But the songs themselves were pretty "similar"

miles
12-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Just got this EP, **** insane, what did you guys think?
triple pack cant beat it!!!!

Leibing looks like Red Rum!

MARKEG
12-10-2003, 12:13 PM
some of the work on here is really good.

but as a concept. hmmmm....

too cheesy.

Sunil
13-10-2003, 12:14 AM
some of the work on here is really good.

but as a concept. hmmmm....

too cheesy.

I wouldn't say too cheesy, perhaps it's a very stating the obvious concept but it is something that genuinely interests him. I wasn't completely blown away by Evolution but I do like many of the tracks.

TRB
14-10-2003, 03:54 AM
boring...

DJPAUZE
15-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Sorry yes the concept too cheesy, but im about the musik boys. There are at least 3 cuts i will play here. Who cares about the album cover and the bs behind it, I just love a lot of the stuff he does....

Peace :twisted:

miles
15-10-2003, 08:53 PM
What the f**k is all that prologue shite about.
I know Jeff Mills witters on about all that rubbish, but at least
he has the courtesy to make some decent music.
This is a pile of wank!
He should stick to what he does best, making cannon fodder
for dickheads. Which by the sounds of it that's all he's done anyway.

Don't you think he has more teeth than a chainsaw? It's unatural,
people shouldn't be able to fit so many teeth in their head.

The Overfiend
15-10-2003, 08:54 PM
This is a pile of wank!
He should stick to what he does best, making cannon fodder
for dickheads. Which by the sounds of it that's all he's done anyway.

Ballsy Wit!!!!

Sunil
15-10-2003, 09:09 PM

I'm sure he has the same amount of teeth as anyone else

professor
15-10-2003, 10:20 PM
I like it...dark and throbbing. Nothing really new however.

miles
15-10-2003, 10:32 PM

I'm sure he has the same amount of teeth as anyone else

yeah probably has, just twice the size ;)

bornaa
15-10-2003, 11:44 PM

atleast mills writes the metaphisical rubbish so you dont have a ****ing clue what his talking about and go "wooooow" :shock:

this story sounds like a blade runner wannabee leftover analy exported out of liebings ass.

albums has some interesting cuts, but its soo fukking yesterdayz news.... with this name "evolution", liebing kinda really really missed the point here....

miles
15-10-2003, 11:50 PM

atleast mills writes the metaphisical rubbish so you dont have a **** clue what his talking about and go "wooooow" :shock:

this story sounds like a blade runner wannabee leftover analy exported out of liebings ass.

albums has some interesting cuts, but its soo fukking yesterdayz news.... with this name "evolution", liebing kinda really really missed the point here....

here here :clap:

davethedrummer
16-10-2003, 12:53 AM
the triple pack design is carefully considered so at least one of the records falls out on the floor by accident everytime you get the ****ing thing out of the box
and the tracks all ....sorry i'll repeat that ALL .......no hang on not enough emphasis......AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!.....(thats better)

........sound the same

can everyone please stop doing this? it's really doing my head in now!
i really like techno right but if all the main artsists just carry on being the conceited one trick ponys they are, i might have to start killing them!!!!!!

sorry chris but write a new tune f.u.cking please!!!!!!

Sunil
16-10-2003, 01:39 AM
the triple pack design is carefully considered so at least one of the records falls out on the floor by accident everytime you get the **** thing out of the box
and the tracks all ....sorry i'll repeat that ALL .......no hang on not enough emphasis......AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!.....(thats better)

........sound the same

can everyone please stop doing this? it's really doing my head in now!
i really like techno right but if all the main artsists just carry on being the conceited one trick ponys they are, i might have to start killing them!!!!!!

sorry chris but write a new tune f.u.cking please!!!!!!

You're being WAY over the top here, I'm not completely bowled over by Evolution either (I have been play a couple of the tracks though) but it's not as bad as people are making out, sure some of it sounds familiar but not all...

DJPAUZE
16-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Um, wow, i am amazed that no one liked this album... hmmmm
I still like it anyhow and will play it. I guess none of you liked stigmata either eh?
well we all love glenn wilson here and i guess that is to say that he hasnt made anything good since the first herroes???
Bottom line is, yeah he went a little bit OVERBOARD with the album title but i think there should be some credit here a couple of tracks that REALLY BANGGGGGG!!!!!!

Pauze

Paul Zykotik
16-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Um, wow, i am amazed that no one liked this album... hmmmm
I still like it anyhow and will play it. I guess none of you liked stigmata either eh?

Haven't heard it yet, but I will say I absolutely love Stigmata.

miromiric.
16-10-2003, 01:06 PM
stigmata is like one of most formulaic eps i heard. every issue of it sounds the same. and this evolutio album, come on chris can u you at least try to make something different? how does he not get bored of it?

bornaa
16-10-2003, 01:27 PM
but i have to admit, technicly this kid knows how to make music very well....only lacks some new ideas...only :roll:

eyes without a face
16-10-2003, 09:12 PM
it might just be me but ive never really got why so many people like Chris Liebing, there are alot of people making this sorta looped up tough techno (and alot of people make it better than liebing!!!)

as Henry said, all those tracks sound so similiar, ive only got one liebing record in my box and i dont even like that anymore.

next please!

miles
16-10-2003, 10:13 PM
but i have to admit, technicly this kid knows how to make music very well....only lacks some new ideas...only :roll:

Probably has someone else twiddling the Knobs (excuse the pun) for him.
Nice teeth tho :lol:

Sunil
16-10-2003, 10:14 PM
stigmata is like one of most formulaic eps i heard.

Mixing tools tend to be formulaic

miromiric.
16-10-2003, 10:19 PM

heh i heard the same story a while ago, that someone else tweaks his knobs...

Sunil
16-10-2003, 10:28 PM

heh i heard the same story a while ago, that someone else tweaks his knobs...

It's him and another guy called Andre Walter, all of his productions are co-produced.

278d7e64a374de26f==