PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Foam...

stjohn
27-09-2006, 03:24 PM
ive just recently done up my boxroom/studio and im wondering about this stuff. is it really necessary?? i reckon theres a few sound problems that need to be addressed and this migh help... i found this site from another forum and it seems to be a great deal

€2.79 per square metre

http://www.sonatech.de/index.php?artikelgruppeid=4095405983d62&loadsite=z eige_artikelgruppe&zeige_seite=0

lau
27-09-2006, 08:52 PM
I just moved and build a new studio... I put that black foamy piramide stylish stuff on the walls... It really really helps... it soaks up the sound very well...

I got a manual in pdf format lon how to do it from a thread in this section.. guess it should still be here somewhere...

RDR
27-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Aye... but make sure you od it right...

loopdon
27-09-2006, 09:51 PM
analyze the room acoustics before by recording white noise (or pink??) throufg played through your speakers and look where dips or spikes appear in recorde version compared to the version you played. Then adjust room accordingly. don't stick up stuff for the sake of it.

at least that's what i read about the topic. my room itself is unrtreated as to now :(

RDR
28-09-2006, 09:37 AM
The method is to wash the room with pink noise... you'll need a live EQ/Analyzer and a microphone. This technique is primarily used for rinsing out rooms at live venues to knock out any potential feedback problems.

1. Wash the room with pink noise and slowly turn up the gain on the microphone.
2. As you turn up the gain the modes of the room will start to appear.
3. If you have a feedback destroyer you will notice the peaks start to appear.
4. These frequencies can then be knocked back.

The main use, like i said is for feedback destroying, something you dont want to do in your studio room as the only way you can impliment your findings is through an EQ. but it does tell you where the standing waves are or modes are in your room and which frequencies are exaggerated or nullified.

Behringer do a great piece of equipment called the Ultracurve which is an amazing piece of kit for this task. I recommend buying one if you want to do this task. But then you only need to do it once in a static studio situation.

loopdon
28-09-2006, 08:15 PM
dodgy: you are such a good source of information. reall a big factor in this part of the forum! great work, you should be a mod, methinks.

RDR
28-09-2006, 09:50 PM
dodgy: you are such a good source of information. reall a big factor in this part of the forum! great work, you should be a mod, methinks.

its all a sham i assure you ;)

But thanks for the kind words. If mark needs it im sure he'll ask. if he does i'll say yes.

RDR
28-09-2006, 09:50 PM
oh and i think YOU really ARE the DON the DADDY and the SOURCE

stjohn
29-09-2006, 03:46 PM
get a room !! :lol: :lol:

stjohn
29-09-2006, 03:49 PM
good advice dodge... so if i wanted to test my room... i just need a mic and and could i use a waves AZ analyser?

loopdon
30-09-2006, 07:12 AM
i think i posted a link to both a good measurement mic and a free piece of measurement software here... i will try and dig it up :eyes:

278d7e64a374de26f==