PDA

View Full Version : rory st john - untitled/unfinished (hard n deep)

stjohn
27-09-2006, 06:10 PM
www.chrome-metronome.net/mix1.mp3

been a while since i finshed a track... i was caught in a rutt for a while there.. this track started off as a realy funky tuff but minimal, and God knows how it ended up like this.

still some owrk to do on it, fix some edits and maybe add a few more..
but id like to hear yizzer comments.

cheers
r

MorePunkThanFunk
27-09-2006, 06:39 PM
cool track, great changes and kept my interest the whole way through.

only listened on my laptop speakers so can't comment about mixdown.

BRADLEE
27-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Rory,

What I heard of it mate sounds really cool my friend. Mix seems proper in the headphones as well. I just can't get the whole thing to DL cause my works connection sucks ass mate. But the 2 minutes I heard of track sounds well proper.

robin m
27-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Like it - whatever it's turned out to be it's good! Really varied and keeps you guessing, it's got a good groove to it too. Production sounds spot on to me but I'll let the experts give you a better verdict there!

Want to hear the finished track for sure :thumbsup:

stjohn
28-09-2006, 06:54 PM
thanks for the comments.... im unsure what to do with.... its not kicking right in places. and im not happy on arrangement.

ill have to sit down and work more edits and sounds in i spose.

thanks for comments... any more welcome too ;)

force
28-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Quality bit of music dude. Always good interesting stuff.
Some of the percussion sounds a bit 'wide' sometimes, and makes it sound a bit un-balanced. But thats easy enough to get round init :)

At the moment it works for me as if it was part of a live PA, as opposed to an individual track, you can immediately hear the 'scope' for expansion in this tune.

Getting bored with complimenting you!! ;)

thomas_figo
29-09-2006, 01:03 AM
really nice carry on.everythink is perfectly smooooth.felt like out of earth. i can carry on listening to it for hours and i wont be bored. top man

xfive
03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Best thing I've heard in here in a while.
Mix needs a bit of fixing as there are some highs that are a bit grating but that's easily taken care of. I need to listen again on monitors to see how it all balances out on the low end.
Content wise though I really like it. Nice work

278d7e64a374de26f==