PDA

View Full Version : audio file allocation

Col
11-10-2003, 11:46 PM
right ive got a little prob, all my audio files have allocated themselves to win media player files, i tried to un-install win media player, but still the files show as win media files, how can i associate them with something else, for instance winamp?

to make matters worse im not getting any sound from win media player, although i can play the files in winamp, but its a bit time consuming.

please help :help:

MARKEG
12-10-2003, 10:12 AM
easy.. just right click on the stat button.. then click explore. then goto the tools menu then folder options. then click the file types tab. you'll find all your extentions there and what they open with. simple find the ext you require and hit change. then associate it with the prog you wish.

:cool:

Col
12-10-2003, 02:40 PM
cheers mark, just one thing im unsure of, how do i associate that file with a program? for example ive changed wav to winamp icon, yet it still will be opened with win media player, how do i open it with winamp?

Col
12-10-2003, 02:59 PM
not to worry now mate, thanks a lot, problem solved.

this has been something thats pissed me right off in the past so thanks for the advice ;)

thorin
24-10-2003, 07:37 PM
or just right click the file, click "open with".. then select WinAMp or whatever and check the "always open this type of file with this program" option..

it does ya head in when all these apps, especially nasty MS program steal the rights too asociations.. be careful with spyware orientated progrgies like Real Player etc.

278d7e64a374de26f==