PDA

View Full Version : Jay Pace - Jenga Master [grubby hood style minimal]

Jay Pace
01-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Something new... still needs some tidying but ready for feedback.

Hood, Rachmad & Audion influences, dirty minimalish stuff

:techno:

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/jengamaster.mp3

Thanks peeps

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
yeah sounds pretty good mate, a couple of really high freq's that maybe need toning down a little as they are very sharp at loud volumes, mainly the the highest note of the lead bell/synth. Could do with maybe a touch more verb and compression to hold everything together just a tad more but a really nice track definately, really digging it mate :)

Jay Pace
02-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, they can get a little piercing, need to tone them down. Agree on verb and compression, still needs some tidying.

Thanks for the feedback mate, glad you like it

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
better than the usual bang bang that gets posted round here these days mate, niec to hear something that builds and works an actual groove

if you want any remixes done gimme a shout, always interested in working with cool tracks like this

BRADLEE
02-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah unlike Scott I like the bang bang....but this is pretty cool too man. I agree with him that the synth does chime a bit high to the senses. I think maybe you could duck a couple of dark little atmos some where in the back as well. Would give it just a touch more movement in my humble opinion. Maybe a couple of edits to that synth noise as well...(I.e. a couple differant patterns) Then again what do I know...all I make is the bang bang.

Keep up the good works man.

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
i love bang bang, not sure where u got it from that i dont like it. Just everything in moderation for me, tracks like this still bang it but in a totally different way.

dan the acid man
02-10-2006, 10:52 PM
sorry, had to delete a few posts from in here, let's keep this section for constructive feedback for the track posted please.

:techno:

force
02-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Cool tune mate. All the elements work off one another nicely, Nice shuffly groove. Sort of minimal but more than minimal(if that makes any sense).
Agree about the 'chimey' synth being a bit harsh at times> You've been employing 'Mr Sherman', again have'nt you?

nice track dude, like it alot!

Jay Pace
02-10-2006, 11:57 PM
luv me sherman... need to get a handle on the fine line between warm dirty sounds and harshness though. Will take on board the edits & movement comments - cheers messanger

'more than minimal' - is a dead good description, really pleased with that

The Overfiend
03-10-2006, 06:48 AM
I love this.

dan the acid man
03-10-2006, 05:22 PM
yeah nice track, just needs some tidying up, but the overall groove and feel of the track is there

xfive
03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I like this but honestly it left me wanting a bit more... another element or something that comes in. The percussion changes work but they are very subtle. I would personally add a bit that would play off of the main pattern to keep things interesting throughout.

ERROR404
05-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Love it - don't hear much stuff like this these days! Tidy it then tell me where i can buy it

Jay Pace
05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Track all tidied up.

Added a few more elements & pattern changes to drive things along.

Thanks for feedback guys

stjohn
05-11-2006, 08:18 PM
great again jay, youve a the eerie minimal sound boxed. again i think you could veer from the main groove a bit more, but thats a matter of taste i spose. i deffo give this aspin early in the night or early in the morning :D

Mindful
10-11-2006, 02:14 PM
bang up my street this, realy love this groove and these synths.
kind of makes me want to make a track like this.
would be great for mixing too(I mix realy linear)

good work

278d7e64a374de26f==