PDA

View Full Version : Sidechaining in what???

vadarfone
02-10-2006, 06:12 AM
OK guys, I have a problem... I wanted to know what you all do about this...

I use Renoise for all of the rhythmical parts of my tracks (basically everything other than pads)

I have SX3 which I can use for these parts but dont really like to, as it takes SOO much longer to do simple stuff than it would in Renoise.

My problem is thus... I can`t find a reasonable sidechaining solution in Renoise. I have SidekickV3 but it is buggy (we all know the problem).

Sidechaining in SX3 is good, I use the voxengo crunchessor solution.

The thing is, I can make stuff in Renoise, then import it to SX3 for sidechaining, but this is SOO counter intuitive. For me, making music is as much about programming as it is getting your ideas down. I build tracks from the ground up, programming and mixing as I go (I am sure you are all the same), so if I have to wait for the SX3 mixdown bit I wont really know what is going on with my track as sidechaining makes so much difference...

So, anyone using renoise, what do you do about sidechaining? Has anyone got a decent work around which doesnt involve leaving out a major element of the sound until its time to export for mixdown???

RDR
02-10-2006, 09:34 AM
i've had a look and you are just going to have to wait until renoise has rewire capabilities. unless you re-import cubase pieces back into renoise and duck there...

also an external mixer with a compressor and a kick track sent to it to duck with provide a basic vision of the sound you want before you export and move into cubase...

after all - hardware ducking is where it started...!!! :) The ever shit behringer composer pro mdx2200 will do this job and isnt expensive.

vadarfone
02-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks a lot boss.

Yeah I figured that would be the case.

It is infuriating though eh...

Renoise is PERFECT for making techno apart from this MAJOR ommission.

Gutted.

:(

TechMouse
02-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Doesn't ReNoise support VST?

vadarfone
02-10-2006, 03:11 PM
yes it does sir...

but ive been all over the renoise site and posted every buggin place and no one knows...

it supports vst, so what do you suggest?

any ideas would be great!

rhythmtech
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
tc native plug-ins..

the compressor and sidechainer is great for people with limited routing options.

TechMouse
02-10-2006, 03:59 PM
^^^^ What he said.

If it supports VST get hold of the TC Native Bundle.

There is a Sidechainer plugin, and a Compressor / DeEsser plugin that you can set to key on the Sidechainer.

vadarfone
03-10-2006, 02:56 PM
ok i am having a look at the TC gear. i have it loaded but it doesnt work... i have the sidechainer on the kick and the compresser desser on the bass.... the keyinput button is not selectable...

any ideas?

Electrictribe
03-10-2006, 03:51 PM
you need the updated version (3.1 i think) for the side chainer to work.

vadarfone
04-10-2006, 02:53 AM
its works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeeeeeehaaaarrrr.

it seems to turn off the keyinput button upon reboot but i can easily turn it back on...

so i have 2 virtual channels available and these can be used to key multiple compressors each right? any idea how many can be used with each sidechainer?

cheers for all the help by the way guys!

278d7e64a374de26f==