PDA

View Full Version : Texture - Late For Work

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 09:23 PM
This track is to be released on the bside of my first release for new label Aesthetik, just thought id post an mp3 up to get some opinions on it. Finished it off this afternoon so here it is, very chilled, glitchy, deep 118bpm offering. Some will like it, some wont, all opinions welcome

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Texture_Late_For_Work.mp3

enjoy

thomas_figo
02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
i just wanna say: great tune m8.

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
cheers bud :)

BRADLEE
02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
This track is to be released on the bside of my first release for new label Aesthetik, just thought id post an mp3 up to get some opinions on it. Finished it off this afternoon so here it is, very chilled, glitchy, deep 118bpm offering. Some will like it, some wont, all opinions welcome

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Texture_Late_For_Work.mp3

enjoy

Has a nice groovy bassline, nice percussive elements, a couple of little FX type atmospheric noises for movement, and a really sweet little pad which comes in later as well.

In the phones all seems proper....I don't really play stuff in this realm, but sounds like it does belong in some nice posh nightclub or something.

Good work.

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 10:44 PM
cheers dude, a nice little burner for the afterparties or early warm up sets

glad u like

force
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Classy tune mate. Just the sort of thing that would Horrify the 'hardstyle' heads round my way ;) which can only be a good thing.

Good stuff! it produced a positive furrow in my brow

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
haha nice one geez

yeah hardstyle it definately aint :) hehe

Jay Pace
03-10-2006, 12:12 AM
This is really nice work man, solid groove to it with some lovely ambient synth sounds.

Loved the dubtastic echo'd sweeping noise, think it would be better used a little more sparingly though.
Sound like that gets more impact from appearing less frequently IMO

Would look to vary the random filler noises, they are a little too predictable - always seem to appear at the same time and in the same place in the stereo field. Would be nicer to have them a little more random and organic, maybe vary the sound, vary the placement etc

Quality work mate.

eyeswithoutaface
03-10-2006, 12:20 AM
cheers boss, much appreciated :)

stjohn
03-10-2006, 03:47 AM
i kinda liek the predictability.... it suits the tune... its not really meant to blow minds i reckon, just make people happy for life and remeber that music is so sweet.

great track Scott.. love that bassline.

image: 6 people in a white sitting room, after a night on the session, having a bit of banter, someone roles a spliff and for some reason conversation stops and everyone nods the oul noggin to the bassline.

just an image! :)

dan the acid man
03-10-2006, 05:31 PM
nice, loving the bassline, you can't help but love it

eyeswithoutaface
03-10-2006, 07:52 PM
haha cheers guys

yeah i hear what ur saying on the edits, but i dunno i kinda like the timing's on them and the bass carries it along nicely

il let you peeps know when its out

taaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ERROR404
05-10-2006, 11:49 PM
pukka tune - really nice warmth to it, love all the little tweaks and the moody rhodes. Not something i could use, but really enjoyed listening to it - got any more?? :)

Error

eyeswithoutaface
06-10-2006, 12:03 AM
cheers mate, glad your into it, alot of my new stuff isnt really aimed at the dancefloor at all more music than tracks so its cool that people are picking up on it

il post summit else up tommorow

not on speakers right now so il check ur new un in the morning chief

ERROR404
06-10-2006, 12:05 AM
nice one - love to hear some more stuff like this :)

Mindful
31-10-2006, 07:30 PM
dl now mate
will listen at home tonight

Mindful
08-11-2006, 03:24 PM
about time I replied eh?
lol
So Ive heard this quite a few times now and like it mucho.
The bass is so nice, realy holds the groove together.
Also I like how it just grooves along in no rush to do anything but what its allready doing(does that make sense?)
One last thing, the rhodes is very nice and very welcome when it finaly comes in.

Well in Scott

278d7e64a374de26f==