PDA

View Full Version : Goldie got too high

koma
02-10-2006, 11:08 PM
so, heres the story...

there is this young perspective dnb producer from France, Redeyes.. about a year ago he made a bootleg of Goldie's tune Inner City Life.. he send copies to Fabio, Bukem and Bailey... shortly after, Fabio and Bukem started playing it on parties...

Goldie got upset about it, so Redeyes wrote down an apology on the biggest dnb forum, DOA. that was 9 months ago...he didnt gave the track to anyone except for those three dudes mentioned already...and thought that would do.

few days ago he came to London to play at Fabio's party...

Goldie showed up, push Redeyes down the stairs and kicked him in the head while the guy was on the floor... :shock:

I'm sorry... you can call this guy a legend or whatever.. but obviously he's also a f*cked up moron. I hear its not the first time he attacked someone... dumbass

koma
02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
lets make schranz remix competition for Goldies biggest hits LOL

Little_Fella!
02-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Never been a fan of Goldie...

Seen a few interviews n he jus came across as a thug, imo...

Hopefully this incident will damage his rep, as that kind of behavior is disgracefull - but probably not as those around him will still pander to his status within those circles....

Horrid man.... :mad:

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 11:31 PM
how ironic that goldie himself is known to use various sample cd's and sample sources

this is very harsh, if true

Little_Fella!
02-10-2006, 11:39 PM
n I bet ****ing Westwood will be biggin' him up on that thing on Radio One that he does.... grrrrrrr :mad:

Yeah, I bet a large portion of Goldie's stuff has borrowed elements all over the place! It goes with the territory.... rubbish it is :mad:

eyeswithoutaface
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
there was an extensive sample pack posted in the production forum only last week with numerous easy to spot dnb breaks in there that featured on numerous metalheadz releases in the 90's, and he is known to sample heavily. I mean everyone samples at some point, but the difference is not everyone goes about beating other people up because of it

sad story, it's coming to something when a boy can get beaten up by one of his idols for doing a track that they havent even tried to sell commercially or release

Buttman
02-10-2006, 11:46 PM
And here I thought the rest of subject line would be: "and OD'd"

Oh well, someone will kill that ****** off soon hopefully.

The Overfiend
02-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Thuggin' is one thing, but that's out of hand.
I still love Timeless...
But this was messed up.

Lag
02-10-2006, 11:59 PM
goldie looks like a lowlife thug
and hell probably track me down for saying this and break my leg

dan the acid man
03-10-2006, 01:44 AM
what a nobber

g
03-10-2006, 01:52 AM
he's just pissed off that he only had one good record in him.

Dustin Zahn
03-10-2006, 03:06 AM
anybody remember that movie with davide bowie and goldie?

http://www.abiotic.net/images/mnvibe/gheybus.jpg

stjohn
03-10-2006, 03:32 AM

was his shit mostly co - produced by another lad anyway

ie: produced

03-10-2006, 04:02 AM
'Ardkore/Jungle/DnB was founded on sampling and sampling other peoples work. It seems like these people have their heads so far up there arse that they have forgotten about how they got where they are. I've heard lots of stories like this over the years. It makes me very unhappy to hear this stuff.

oldbugger
03-10-2006, 08:34 AM

:lol: :clap:

Jay Pace
03-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Heard about this. Goldie went on DOA justifying beating up this 21yr old french kid because he was being stuck up.
Turns out he just didn't really speak much english.

Track never even got released. Kid made it as a tribute.

Rotten. Still a strong thug element in D&B.

Technobitch
03-10-2006, 12:08 PM
thats well out of order :rambo: , poor lad

force
03-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I think Goldies a complete cunt. I've heard from pretty reliable sources that he cant produce for shit anyway. Lets someone else do it all while he sits there saying ' yeh, like that, no, dont like that!
****in tosser
Hope somebody beats the crap out of him and melts his teeth down!!!

TechMouse
03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, like Goldie actually made anything ever. (Stand up and get the respect you deserve Rob Playford...)

Goldie is a thug / rudeboy who started off as a grafitti artist, and somehow ended up being one of the most celebrated players in the D&B genre. Which just shows you how ****ed up it can be.

Wonder if Dirty Bass is scared now...?

Lag
03-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I think Goldies a complete cunt. I've heard from pretty reliable sources that he cant produce for shit anyway. Lets someone else do it all while he sits there saying ' yeh, like that, no, dont like that!
**** tosser
Hope somebody beats the crap out of him and melts his teeth down!!!
u mean... like sasha?
hehe
most superstars do it like that
its no big wander

nova
03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
drum and bass attitude. tight fecker. he should of shaken his hand for doing a good job! not kicked him in the head. it was probaly better then golddies with his gold teeth! i think thats well bad. to show the guy up like that! at a party in front of loads of people. i say bootleg more mate. let him hav it

nova
03-10-2006, 03:59 PM
yea goldies shit. noisia is the man.

bassbin
03-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I never liked Goldie & have even more reason to hate the cunt.

RDR
03-10-2006, 06:55 PM
What a tosser.

this is why i dont dig the drum n bass scene

Its either Wiggers (plz excuse the phrase...) or wankers..

not wearing the right gear? Your gone son.

Jay Pace
03-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Really like the music, but stopped going years ago because of the lousy crowds and pathetic atmosphere.

This sort of shite doesn't really suprise me sadly. You get the crowds you deserve

RDR
03-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Really like the music, but stopped going years ago because of the lousy crowds and pathetic atmosphere.

This sort of shite doesn't really suprise me sadly. You get the crowds you deserve

:clap:

oldbugger
03-10-2006, 07:07 PM
your all doomed.

goldies gonna kick your arse :lol:

i love you goldie... you da man :thumbsup:

Lag
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
yea goldies shit. noisia is the man.
i dont know if ure being ironic
but noisia = three guys

stebrown
03-10-2006, 08:27 PM
wasn't Goldie a dog on Blue Peter?

dan the acid man
03-10-2006, 08:49 PM
wasn't Goldie a dog on Blue Peter?

haha :lol: :lol:

Buttman
03-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Teebee, Calyx and Noisia are the lads.

Goldie story reminds me of Clarke/Grovskopa story.

massplanck
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Teebee, Calyx and Noisia are the lads.

Jury is out for me with Teebee & Noisa. Some great tracks but a whole load I dont feel.

Paradox. Now he's Class. ;)

massplanck
03-10-2006, 09:12 PM
bahahaha I meant BREAKAGE.

Martin Dust
03-10-2006, 11:26 PM
of course there's no proof this is true or that the post on DOA is actually Goldie...

koma
03-10-2006, 11:43 PM
ha, they've deleted the topic started by Goldie...

like someone said there:

Had Goldie come down of the coke and realised what a cock he'd made of himself

Goldie makes 1 ****ing post, disses everyone on here then probably asked for the thread to be taken down. Stay off the ****ing internet if you don't want to read shit about yourself. Especially DoA.

yep, the crowd there isnt very happy about all that...
I hate deleting too...

ollie303
04-10-2006, 01:10 PM

lol, that would be wicked

digitalboy
06-10-2006, 02:03 PM
don't like him anyway. :rambo:

TechMouse
06-10-2006, 02:17 PM
This is probably Dj Assault's most intimate and personal recording to date. You can tell he really took care in crafting his lyrics to give the listener a window into his world, nay, his very soul.
In "Ass-N-Titties 2001" he shares with the listener the stark tale of a man who can no longer be satiated by one derriere and one set of breasts, but simply must have two. As brilliantly illustrated by the following lyrics:

Ass,
Titties.
TWO asses, FOUR titties.
Ass,
Ass,
Titties,
Titties,
Ass and Titties.

For most artists, just that would be enough. But Assault somehow manages to give us another timeless gem on this record. In "Weave Pulled Out" he issues a stern warning to all the hoes out there who choose not to recognize. He is like a man possessed, swallowed up by the tide of his own anger as he implores them:

Weave,
Pulled out.
Weave,
Pulled out.
Weave pulled out,
Get that weave pulled out.

http://www.discogs.com/release/6909

dan the acid man
06-10-2006, 02:24 PM
wrong thread techmouse :lol:

TechMouse
06-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Bollocks.

g
07-10-2006, 12:03 AM

was his shit mostly co - produced by another lad anyway

ie: produced
yup. like liebing.

Sinister_Minister
07-10-2006, 01:18 AM
what comes around goes around

02-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Wonder if Dirty Bass is scared now...?

What Goldie track did he sample. I own one Dirty Bass record, DB007 which I bought because it has a track with a 1992 like bleeping riff. I don't recognize it as Goldie though.

TechMouse
02-11-2006, 08:49 AM
What Goldie track did he sample. I own one Dirty Bass record, DB007 which I bought because it has a track with a 1992 like bleeping riff. I don't recognize it as Goldie though.
Steve posted an atmospheric Techno version of Inner City Life a while back.

Rather good it was too.

vadarfone
02-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah Goldie is a ****ing goon.

I used to live in Bovingdon in Hertfordshire where he lives (used to live? Don't care). I met him one day whilst I was riding my bike along the country lanes. I was 16 (12 years ago) and a bit star struck so I started talking to him. I asked him about making music (I didnt really know anything, just a bit about Protracker on the Amiga) but I pretended I knew some stuff.

He told me...

'I just get on the dust, you know what I mean... The dust keeps me going 'sniff sniff'.' I am assuming to this day he was referring to Coke.

Not that this makes you an instant nob of course, but it does add to the whole picture doesnt it.

I saw him again later in the week whilst riding my bike past his drive way and he told me to '**** off away from my car'

Nice guy. Proper chilled producer type.

Hopefully he will get shanked one of these days by a proper gangster.

03-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah Goldie is a ****ing goon.

I used to live in Bovingdon in Hertfordshire where he lives (used to live? Don't care). I met him one day whilst I was riding my bike along the country lanes. I was 16 (12 years ago) and a bit star struck so I started talking to him. I asked him about making music (I didnt really know anything, just a bit about Protracker on the Amiga) but I pretended I knew some stuff.

He told me...

'I just get on the dust, you know what I mean... The dust keeps me going 'sniff sniff'.' I am assuming to this day he was referring to Coke.

Not that this makes you an instant nob of course, but it does add to the whole picture doesnt it.

I saw him again later in the week whilst riding my bike past his drive way and he told me to '**** off away from my car'

Nice guy. Proper chilled producer type.

Hopefully he will get shanked one of these days by a proper gangster.

Ohh I believe it! I hope you techno producers don't take after Goldie and Raymond Grooverider Bingham.

bassbin
04-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Steve posted an atmospheric Techno version of Inner City Life a while back.

Rather good it was too.

Is it still online ?

SlavikSvensk
04-11-2006, 04:59 PM
goldie=washed up almost a decade ago

conflict
05-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Is it still online ?

dont wate ur time mate, it wasnt upto much

vadarfone
05-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Haha, bit harsh

05-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah lets hear it! 320kbps!

Why not? I'd have to guess that he wouldn't want to release it on vinyl due to Goldteeth being a caveman. Might as well just chuck it up here at 320kbps. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==