PDA

View Full Version : jackin techno

G-BO
03-10-2006, 03:57 PM
seen dave clarke on saturday in belfast and was totally blown away by the tunes he played, some of sickest, darkest jacking techno ive heard in my life, really was something else, il buzz off that set for the next few months

id love to know what producers he plays, i love seeing a dj when u are overwhelmed by the selection of music and scratch yer head to even think were he dug these gems from, i cant even begin to think

any examples of producers from this style?

Frank Dogshit
03-10-2006, 04:04 PM
bismire wouldnt you say

Dorian Hunter
03-10-2006, 04:05 PM
His charts:
http://www.daveclarke.com/index.cfm/go:topten

G-BO
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
wasn bissmiere, urban, funk or any shite like that

nasty gear, really dark stuff, unconvential style of productions

tbf ive neve heard music like it b4 in my life, i was hoping that somebody could shed some light

DJ Becka
04-10-2006, 12:18 AM
His charts:
http://www.daveclarke.com/index.cfm/go:topten

The Mark Verbos track that he charted in August is actually from the digital label that I launched at the beginning of the summer. I dont think he realized this when I gave him the promo though, so it just says cdr next to the track :(

eyeswithoutaface
04-10-2006, 12:29 AM
i wouldnt worry about it, if you see the amount of CD's clarke takes out when playing there will be tons like this. He charted a track of Humphries that was on a record i was on with him on Native Diffusion and he just titled it CDR next to the track name, as long as the tracks being played thats the main thing

eyeswithoutaface
04-10-2006, 12:33 AM

tbf ive neve heard music like it b4 in my life, i was hoping that somebody could shed some light

ehhh? Urban and Funk shite?

Clarke plays practically every Urban and Bissmire release, i remember he started his last voodoo appearance on NYE with some absolutely killah track off 50hz that literaly turned the club up on its arse, totally brutal and set the tone for the set perfectly. It was total carnage.

and who hasnt totally lost it to Run Uk?

Dustin Zahn
04-10-2006, 12:45 AM
tbh, chart/club play by big dj's rarely does anything for sales anyway. I think it's more of a profile-booster or a nice personal achievement.

The Overfiend
04-10-2006, 02:05 AM

ehhh? Urban and Funk shite?

Clarke plays practically every Urban and Bissmire release, i remember he started his last voodoo appearance on NYE with some absolutely killah track off 50hz that literaly turned the club up on its arse, totally brutal and set the tone for the set perfectly. It was total carnage.

and who hasnt totally lost it to Run Uk?

I wasn't a fan of run uk.
No slight to you Scotty at all.
Dave Clarkes Fuse cd was the ish.
But Run Uk never did it for me.Dj Deeons Da Dik SUk is more classic than that one to me.

Dustin Zahn
04-10-2006, 02:56 AM
I couldn't understand Run UK at first either. But after the hype wore off and a few years later, I like it. It's not my favorite track but I think it's an adequate tool that is fun from time to time. It was like the rave anthem of the year over here for a while.

Electrictribe
04-10-2006, 09:19 AM
always been a big fan of DC tunes and sets. Always seems to find excellant tuneage on labels i have never heard of.

sash
04-10-2006, 01:25 PM
always been a big fan of DC tunes and sets. Always seems to find excellant tuneage on labels i have never heard of.

ive been thinking the same for the past 5 or so years. where the hell does he get some of those tracks that he plays? a lot of it does have to do with the way he presents the track though.

Electrictribe
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM

ive been thinking the same for the past 5 or so years. where the hell does he get some of those tracks that he plays? a lot of it does have to do with the way he presents the track though.

guess thats the benefit of being a big name like DC you get some all kinds of stuff and have plenty of tunes to pick from.

sash
04-10-2006, 02:01 PM

guess thats the benefit of being a big name like DC you get some all kinds of stuff and have plenty of tunes to pick from.

man what a life :D

G-BO
04-10-2006, 02:47 PM
wasnt saying that urban or funk are shite...kinda just using that as a noun

maybe il just flick through some of the old bissmere and funk stuff

slimboy
04-10-2006, 02:59 PM
When Clarke did the Essential Mix in '99 there was a track on the Radio 1 listings down as 'Spank 3' - Unknown label. I tried for ages to track it down but with no joy so as a last resort emailed Dave. He replied telling me it was actually Punish 3, I found it the next day!

ds2
04-10-2006, 10:08 PM
When Clarke did the Essential Mix in '99 there was a track on the Radio 1 listings down as 'Spank 3' - Unknown label. I tried for ages to track it down but with no joy so as a last resort emailed Dave. He replied telling me it was actually Punish 3, I found it the next day!

no way! me too :lol:

best punish track ever.

slimboy
05-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah definately!! Some nice 2 copy action from Dave on the Essential mix.

278d7e64a374de26f==