PDA

View Full Version : so they dont like techno! eh!

engine
18-12-2002, 01:14 AM
I've read through the boards here-
and I love the passion you guys have! We are all passoniate about our tunes right? Passion is just one of those things that we all have (but can't really deffine).

I am a techno purist. In the sense that I like all techno. **** the noise- most of us here are DJ's too- so I like properly done techno. Good rises- builds- different levels of intensity- melding of keys. And like the next guy here I can't stand people who are closed minded.

We all seem to be scrambling (other than you big kids who get to fly to Brazil and play all the time) to save our respective scenes and bring back the techno of yore. I miss the days of going to those phryl parties and sometimes seeing a mosh pit infront of the DJ booth. Things arn't dieing but have been loosing support and I think most of us understand that.

Im sure you've all heard Johnny Funk go on about the state of Toronto- and how there is an anti-hard movement here (it not that I like to analyze things to death- but I sure do think about them) seems to have won and the glitch tech- mirco house- deep minimalism seems to have taken gold- silver and bronze. But I think back to alot of the harder parties I have played in Toronto- and look to the line up I was shitting my pants to be on (nightmare: headbangerz that had Dave and Geezer doing Live PA's each) and I remember opening for the first 2 hours that night and not getting any kind of warm reception from the crowd- neither did Dave or Geezer for that matter. Not many dancers- not much hooting and hollering. It didn't have anything to do with the anti-hard movement either (maybe 2 of the people there were regular attendee's of the 'anti-hard' parties) because these kinds weren't even old enough to get into them in first place (techno in Toronto means 19+).

Since then I've realized that I have to make it a point to do what I want- and not ignore those who don't take me seriously. **** that shit and party.

engine
18-12-2002, 06:25 PM
I think what im trying to say is-

techno wont be what you want it to be- ever- if you try to make it that way. better to just really get down with what you have- and let other people see and understand.

im convinced monkey see monkey do

278d7e64a374de26f==