PDA

View Full Version : Joy"revival of house"@mission Annex wth Dj sy.....

tots
30-10-2006, 08:05 PM
JOY, Sat Nov 4th , DJ PIERRE + SUPERCHUMBO. Leeds

JOY, DJ Pierre’s Afro Acid Album Party, Saturday 4th November,Mission Annexe, leeds

After Joey Beltram set the bench mark for the new music events @ Joy we are back in November with a rather special party, and first in the UK for DJ Pierre’s Afro Acid Album launch.
SuperChumbo is also on hand with a rare UK appearance, If you heard his mix on pete Tong’s Essential mix the other week you will understand why this guy is so in demand at the moment. Check him out @ www.myspace.com/superchumbo or www.tomstephan.com

DJ’s include;

DJ Pierre
SuperChumbo
JonDaSilva
Kells&Tots

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1010/joy4thnov3ix4.gif

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/8578/backjoynew5wb7.gif

Here is some words iv lifted from Pierre’s website for you to read if you have a spare 10 mins

Trust that DJ Pierres Afro Acid Project is going to be a killer! The latest new is that Pierre was just in Chicago with Cajmere, putting the finishing touches on a remake of Acid Tracks. One of the most influential House Music records of all time, the original, by Phuture (DJ Pierre, Spanky and Herb J) was released on Trax Records in 1987.

DJ Pierre says, "I really believe the Afro Acid Project is the end result of everything I've done over the past 20 years. It's my heart and It's really been 20 years in the making. I refuse to take shortcuts on the production or the distribution end because that is unacceptable at this point. I have everyone knocking down my door to release this album already...some out of frustration, others out of anticipation and that's ok because you know what...nothing happens before it's time and at the right time all the pieces will fall into place.Thank you for hanging in there with me...you won't be dissapointed. Afro Acid all the way!

ACID KING DJ PIERRE PREPS FOR RETURN TRIP

Acid King, Wild Pitch maestro and strictly rhythm-minded DJ Pierre is near completion of his debut album, DJ Pierres Afro Acid Project. An exploration of rhythms and sounds, the album pays homage to Pierre's Chicago House roots and signature NYC Wild Pitch epics while ensuring that contemporary dancefloors aresignature NYC Wild Pitch epics while ensuring that contemporary dancefloors are aligned it its crosshairs. Beware the deadly forthcoming single, Destroy This Track. Featured guest artists include Louie Vega, Roy Davis Jr., Tom Superchumbo Stephan, Frances DJ Gregory, Lady Kier and UK supa-producer, Seamus Haji.

Back in the days when acid was just a tab, DJ Pierre was holed up in his Chicago bedroom creating a sound which would impact the dance music scene down to the genetic level: House Music. Spartan and viscerally invasive, this disco-stripped-of-disco-trappings was just beginning to reverberate in the club underground when a tweak accident changed everything. Call it synth-abuse or creative lighting, but in DJ Pierre's hands the Roland TB-303originally a bass guitar synthesizer/sequencerhad become a weapon. PhutureDJ Pierre's highly successful guise with fellow squelchers Spanky and Herb Jreleased their epic "Acid Trax" and House Music's evil twin, Acid House, was born and House Music History was written. Twenty years later Acid is as edgy and fresh as ever, rattling bass bins, melting iPods and inspiring a new generation of fans, producers and DJs the world over.

Not many artists in the history of dance music can list Carl Cox, Diesel (X-Press 2), Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia, Michael Mayer (Kompakt Records), Bob Sinclar, and Tom Stephan (Superchumbo) as fans. Not many can claim responsibility for helping kick start the careers of Felix Da Housecat and Roy Davis Jr. Not many can lay claim to giving birth to a genre and pioneering a sound that had the whole world dancing and imitating for over fifteen years. DJ/Producer/Remixer, Nathaniel Pierre Jones a.k.a. DJ "Wildpitch" Pierre is of a rare breed. An artist who's considered a mentor to many of the A-list DJ fraternity, old and new, and one man who continues to stand strong in an industry that's had its ups and downs. From "Acid Trax" to his biggest hit, "Everybody Dance (The Horn Song)," featuring Barbara Tucker, his solo projects with David Morales and Felix Da Housecat and his stint as Head of A&R at Strictly Rhythm, DJ Pierre is a force to be reckoned with.

DJ Pierre is about to show the world just why house music was worth shouting about in the first place. About the forthcoming album, he says, ""Afro Acid" is a culmination of Acid, Garage, Wild Pitch, Disco, Techno, Electro and Rock. It's a new approach to making house music and DJing it. It's about inclusion and fusing together multiple elements of music to get the ultimate club experience! That's who I am as a producer and a DJ." Featured guest artists include Louie Vega, Roy Davis Jr., Cajmere, Tom Superchumbo Stephan, Frances DJ Gregory and UK supa-producer, Seamus Haji.

www.myspace.com/djpierresafroacidproject
www.myspace.com/superchumbo
www.myspace.com/joy_kells

Doors open 10pm

Promotion for this one is going worldwide by pierre’s management so if your coming get their early. We only have a 570 capacity for this one to help make it a intimate party with an amazing atmosphere!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==