fatcollective
31-10-2006, 01:06 PM
oh god, not another one : (

davethedrummer
31-10-2006, 05:21 PM
yep it's gone
i just found out today
i was just about to start a new label with them
glad it happenned now and not just after i'd cut the first release.
i know one of the guys who has lost his job
and he had no idea it was happenning until today
recievers are in tomorrow
another one bites the dust

koma
31-10-2006, 05:22 PM
damn :-(

theledge
31-10-2006, 05:35 PM
that's really shit news :-(

justin schumacher
31-10-2006, 06:08 PM
intergroove is gone now? damn, who's left really?

Patrick DSP
31-10-2006, 06:20 PM
is it just intergroove uk or both intergroove uk and intergroove germany?

dan the acid man
31-10-2006, 06:27 PM
oh bugger, that's terrible news

koma
31-10-2006, 07:14 PM
is it just intergroove uk or both intergroove uk and intergroove germany?

yeah i was just wondering the same
since UK page is down, german one is still running fine...

The Overfiend
31-10-2006, 07:18 PM
This sucks!

audioinjection
31-10-2006, 07:20 PM
yeah this sucks ass......monoid was distro'd through them, so now they're looking for a new one

oldbugger
31-10-2006, 07:46 PM
jesus:whoops: thats shit news.

but is it really that shocking? surely it was gonna happen soon.

massplanck
31-10-2006, 08:15 PM
intergroove is gone now? damn, who's left really?

Beatport/Bleep/Fouryourears..... the Internet etc.

oldbugger
31-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Beatport/Bleep/Fouryourears..... the Internet etc.

was gonna say that too but thought i'd get linched :laughing:

Buttman
31-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Really? TBH I thought they died over a year ago. I guess that was someone else.

So who IS left??
Veto, Pure Plastic(?), Triple Vision and...........

Shite.. Techno is dying.

theledge
31-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Shite.. Techno is dying.

Well, don't know if i'd go that far dude. The methods of distribution are changing though

Its not just the corporate boys who suffer from file shareing etc y'know. It all trickles down to micro level in the end and affects the likes on intergroove and so on

Its a kick in the teeth for the labels involved though.

Buttman
31-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, don't know if i'd go that far dude. The methods of distribution are changing though

Its not just the corporate boys who suffer from file shareing etc y'know. It all trickles down to micro level in the end and affects the likes on intergroove and so on

Its a kick in the teeth for the labels involved though.

Well it is not like a lot of mp3s are sold.
Why pay for what is free.

prozac
31-10-2006, 10:12 PM
balls...
soon we're all gonna have to be digital djs

a few releases recently (ie combat recordings) have been digital only.
maybe i should jump before im shoved.....
:whoops:
shame, nothing like putting on a new record

dan the acid man
31-10-2006, 10:13 PM
well i buy my mp3's, but there doesn't seem to be much money in it for the artists, i was quite shocked to hear how little the artist gets per mp3 sale

oh god, is this turning into the new looks first mp3 v vinyl discussion

BRADLEE
31-10-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah that is bad news....**** man...

theledge
31-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Well it is not like a lot of mp3s are sold.
Why pay for what is free.

Yeh my point exactly

massplanck
31-10-2006, 11:28 PM
well i buy my mp3's, but there doesn't seem to be much money in it for the artists, i was quite shocked to hear how little the artist gets per mp3 sale

tell me more. i was under the illusion that it was a better deal but i'm all ears.

The Overfiend
31-10-2006, 11:42 PM
What's to be assed now is a realistic business plan as to
Supply and demand
Realistically how many people are buying albums, mp3's and so forth.
Quality Control? Maybe I think it is more producing amounts for sale more realistic to the consumer demand.
Rather than flooding the market with an overflow of product which realistically probably will not be sold.
That is what could push a business over as well as a shoddy business sense to not assess the previous via projections and sales numbers.

prozac
31-10-2006, 11:57 PM
a lot of people are releasing records these days, maybe too much for the music market to digest...as a result, less quantities of individual releases are purchased (as people buy a varied selection) and so it doesnt pay to press limited quantities of records--distributor cannot sustain prodution costs with sales

Sunil
31-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Pure Plastic(?)

They've just gone bust too as far as I know.

koma
01-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Still Music is still running too...

Clit Commander
01-11-2006, 05:50 AM
There are plenty of distributors still going:
Triple Vision, Pure Plastic, Veto, ELP Medien, Word & Sound, Kompakt, Complete, Still Music, Neuton, Rhythmic, Jaxx, Watts, Syntax, the list goes on and on...

Intergroove's demise should come as no surprise. They were on top of their game during the turn of the century but have fallen off big time in the last few years imo. Not to mention I'm pretty positive they started carrying mostly in-house labels that were shit to begin with. Some of these distribution companies are ****ing ridiculous but some of them have learned to change their behavior after Prime fell apart. There are still distribution companies like Neuton who have extremely posh offices with state of the art listening rooms all with high quality gear and furniture. A lot of that shit is useless and superstar-ish. Those are usually the first kind of distributors to go as well.

The name of the game is keeping your overhead low and hosting a number of labels that pay the bills. If you can do that, you can take on hard-to-sell labels for that inner desire to be artistic and get something new on the market.

Buttman
01-11-2006, 11:18 AM
tell me more. i was under the illusion that it was a better deal but i'm all ears.

Actually I earned like 15€ from all my digital releases. Which is 15€ more than I earnt on those 40something vinyl releases lol
So I guess it is all good ;P

StoQ
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
anyone can tell me in which terms do distributors work with labels???

BloodStar
01-11-2006, 04:32 PM
not good news.. I am with all of you who had some deals with intergroove and now have to find other distr..

Ritzi Lee
03-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Did I missed something???

Ritzi Lee
03-11-2006, 09:23 AM
They've just gone bust too as far as I know.

you're jocking, right??

lovelymamiflower
04-11-2006, 04:39 AM
[QUOTE=Clit Commander;461471]There are plenty of distributors still going:
Triple Vision, Pure Plastic, Veto, ELP Medien, Word & Sound, Kompakt, Complete, Still Music, Neuton, Rhythmic, Jaxx, Watts, Syntax, the list goes on and on...
[QUOTE]

Watts Music is done too!

Clit Commander
04-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Watts too? Rough! Oh well, they weren't doing much for techno in past years anyway...still rough to see in the big picture. To be honest though, a lot of the distributors who are going belly up don't seem to be doing much to keep up with the trends and stay on top. For a distributor, this is important because it pays the bills. For a record label it's more important (imo) to be artistic because most of the money comes from gigs anyway.

Love the comments about the MP3/money thing. There is a ton of money to be made in the mp3 market. If certain mp3s aren't selling it either sucks or is just part of a small, niche market (or both).

The Overfiend
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.wattsmusic.com/final_watts.jpg

audioinjection
07-11-2006, 04:09 PM
damn watts too!

meri
15-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know if any of the Intergroove labels have found new homes yet?

Routemaster, Apex, Deepcut, Baroque, Tortured, Pounding Grooves, Lot49, Shark, Fingerlickin, etc

dirty_bass
16-11-2006, 08:03 PM
This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of ev'rything that stands
The end

Can you feel the wave rolling back into the ocean yet?

The Overfiend
16-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Techno needs a a couple of degrees and an honest accountant.

Clit Commander
17-11-2006, 05:12 AM
Techno needs a a couple of degrees and an honest accountant.

Or some real marketing skills. Marketing to the same old niche market over and over won't get anybody anywhere. That's why minimal labels like Ghostly/Spectral are championed by the likes of techno DJs as well as college frat boys...they know how to market their music.

meri
22-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Found out that Electronik Distribution are now selling Pounding Grooves and Routemaster.

Any shops looking to stock these labels, visit http://www.electronik-london.com

webassassin
28-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Or some real marketing skills. Marketing to the same old niche market over and over won't get anybody anywhere. That's why minimal labels like Ghostly/Spectral are championed by the likes of techno DJs as well as college frat boys...they know how to market their music.

Real marketing takes capital. Very few record labels have that kind of money to throw around just for marketing. So the real problem is not necessarily having the marketing down...its about having the money down to begin with.

278d7e64a374de26f==