PDA

View Full Version : new track called Down_of_the_system

thomas_figo
03-11-2006, 01:36 AM
some people will propably say that they r bored with that bass line, but i dont care:) not sure if whole project sounds properly,i havent got my monitors until next month.

opinions more than welcome.

http://download.yousendit.com/109EC6C8284B6BFC

thomas_figo
05-11-2006, 10:13 PM
anyone? plz

BRADLEE
06-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Some really nice track ideas for sure Mr.Figo...Reminds me of the Old Filterheads version of I love Techno Slightly. I think on a whole shot not too bad mate, but needs some work on the mixdown/mastering of the tune. Only listening in the phones, but I think the kick needs a bit more gain on the compressor. A few intelligent edits here and there would also help the track to move along a bit more.

The 3rd little synth that comes in at the break, I think you could do some other little edits to that to make it a bit more dynamic as well. Just maybe a nice long delayed edit when you're coming out of the break and when takign that part out of the track. I prefer to break the pattern back down into a wave file then run it thru it's own channel on the FX buss. Then you can just add delay to that portion of the track. Bionic Delay is key for the delayed sound. You can get it free if you don't already have it.

I'd probably bust that bassline down into a wave file too with your automation then take it into acid or whatever your favorite audio editor is. Then you can do some filter edits for the time during the break perhaps....maybe some little cut edits as well. That's what I would do, but this is your tune...so don't let me dictate that.

I'm just trying to give as helpful of a comment as I know how to. I hope this helps along the journey Thomas...and again mate I don't mean to sound like a critical bastard.....Just trying to be helpful since I don't see nearly enough people trying to do so anymore.

thomas_figo
06-11-2006, 10:01 PM
thanx brad. i always hoping that u will find some time to check my stuff out. other guys simce to be focus on theirselfs and dont respect juniors on boa. dont worry about critics.i dont mind it.otherwise i would nt improved a production.thats what im after really. to be honest with u at the moment ur tracks are my inspiration.
ill let u listen final version m8.

Grenoybel
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Can't yet do such a technical criticism (newbie), but liked the selection of sounds!

Didn't like the fader drop at 3:53

Like messanger said, the kick could be more "in your face"

Enjoyed the song in general!

thomas_figo
07-11-2006, 10:02 PM
cheers m8. have u got any ur stuff?

Grenoybel
08-11-2006, 03:13 AM
yes! Check myspace on my signature!

But it's still nothing of the quality that is made around here (imo).

If i (perhaps) make one that deserves the air time i will put it here (workin on it).

thomas_figo
08-11-2006, 07:50 AM
will take a look now.

Mindful
08-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Good ideas, and a pretty good track.
I like the toms and the bass.
I would say you need to beef this kick up as at the moment it seems to me to be all mid, It needs some low end weight.
Maybe boost the lower freqs (at say 50hrz)on the kick......or maybe the kick just doesnt have the freqs to be boosted so maybe layer a bass drum with a nice low end with your current kickdrum....

Or not : )
Then I think the bass will sound better too.

good stuff anyhow.

thomas_figo
08-11-2006, 09:10 PM
glad u like it. thanx

judas_beast
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Not half bad mate. Definately agree the kick is letting the track down. For me, a fat kick is crucial. Maybe give is some gated 'verb, or just fiddle with some comp settings to give it a bit more bite. I like my kicks to sit 'above' the bassline which yours does. What did you use to make the tracks? Easynow

thomas_figo
10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
do u mean software wise? i use fruity 6.

thomas_figo
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
here is the improved one.

http://download.yousendit.com/D5F06E073C5BE661

thomas_figo
13-11-2006, 05:30 PM
i think these changes should do.what do u think guys?
link above

Honeey
13-11-2006, 05:32 PM
I like that crunchy dark bass...cool track :)

thomas_figo
13-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I like that crunchy dark bass...cool track :)

cheers m8.

278d7e64a374de26f==