PDA

View Full Version : Deep Minimal Techno Honeey-There 1

Honeey
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm back at the techno after a studio move and more ambient exploration
I can't turn it up very loud so this was made at a lower volume than optimal but hey whatever works! lol Having good speakers helps though :)

http://www.honeeymustard.com/There1_HoneeyMustard.mp3

danielmarshall
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Ah this is very nice. Good to hear something other than just bangin techno on this forum (not that there's anything wrong with that of course).

I think your drums could do with a bit more compression to fatten them up a little. Maybe a little more high end too (though I usually like things sounding a little crisper than most people do)

The bass works nicely, and those pads are LUSH man. Which synth are you using? Great emotional vibes. Reminds me a little of some of Pascal FEOS's stuff.

Would be keen to hear some more of your material :)

Jay Pace
05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Great to hear some different work.
Lovely sound to this, reminds me of old jel ford stuff.

Nice use of the stereo field, beautiful lush pads and warm bass and kicks.

Little bit indistinct in places. The bass and the kick are a little blurred by 3:00 mins, need to get the kick to cut through a bit more. Similarly the cymbals seem to sit too low down the frequency spectrum, need to sparkle around the top, they sound a little washed out.

Could maybe use a few more pattern changes in the percussion. The loop that starts the track is cool but it might be nice to vary it a bit throughout the track. Personal preferences here though.

Would also be keen to learn what you used for the pad sounds. They really are pretty special

stjohn
05-11-2006, 08:01 PM
lovely mood here. i agree with the lads about some of the sounds losing their distinction altho this might be only to do with the levels. the pads are very nice, they kinda sit very spread, .... which is intersting to my ear, if that makes sense.
the extra bass that comes in every now and again, seems to crossover a bit on the existing basslines.

great lush tune;)

Siege
06-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Nice laidback vibe to this...really soothing pads.I can imagine hearing this at 5.00 oclock in a morning after a messy night out

Mindful
10-11-2006, 02:01 PM
this is brill
The pads are so nice realy sit well in the mix and i realy like this main percussion element.
Cool beans ,well done.

Honeey
13-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm not on this site as much as I want lately due to working too much lol

Thanks all for giving this a listen and taking the time to give me your intelligent, positive, and constructive feedback…very encouraging! I don't think I would have gotten this far along musically without all I have learned from this site and the people on it :)

*danielmarshall Thank you for listening and feedback :)...I do love the bangin techno too!
I understand what you mean about the drums I'll try adding more compression to fatten em up in the next take. High end I agree too.
For the pads I used the Atmosphere Synth vst layered as many times as my computer would allow :laughing: with some other fx. Yes this I love this synth such a complex lush sound can be achieved with it.
I love Pascal FEOS's stuff :)
I can send you direct links to some of my more techno stuff and most everything I’ve done is at http://www.honeeymustard.com/HMproduction.htm :) Cheers!

*Jay Pace Ahh thanks so much
Yes something in the lower spectrum is interfering with the bass and kick it’s time for me to do some more compression and eq-ing. Cymbals need some sparkle, yes! I also like the idea of adding a few more pattern changes in the percussion too.
Atmosphere for the pads :) I’ve gotten lost in that synth more than a few times lol

*stjohn Cheers! Partially levels and mostly my lack of mastering knowledge :; I like what you say about the pads kind of sitting very spread that makes sense and is cool :)

*Siege Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the track…..yes need to hear some deep music after a messy night out for sure :pirate:

*Mindful Yaaaa thanks man! :) :cool:

I'm going to do a few adjustments to this track from these suggestions today and will repost the newer version later Cheers!

BRADLEE
13-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm not on this site as much as I want lately due to working too much lol

Thanks all for giving this a listen and taking the time to give me your intelligent, positive, and constructive feedback…very encouraging! I don't think I would have gotten this far along musically without all I have learned from this site and the people on it :)

*danielmarshall Thank you for listening and feedback :)...I do love the bangin techno too!
I understand what you mean about the drums I'll try adding more compression to fatten em up in the next take. High end I agree too.
For the pads I used the Atmosphere Synth vst layered as many times as my computer would allow :laughing: with some other fx. Yes this I love this synth such a complex lush sound can be achieved with it.
I love Pascal FEOS's stuff :)
I can send you direct links to some of my more techno stuff and most everything I’ve done is at http://www.honeeymustard.com/HMproduction.htm :) Cheers!

*Jay Pace Ahh thanks so much
Yes something in the lower spectrum is interfering with the bass and kick it’s time for me to do some more compression and eq-ing. Cymbals need some sparkle, yes! I also like the idea of adding a few more pattern changes in the percussion too.
Atmosphere for the pads :) I’ve gotten lost in that synth more than a few times lol

*stjohn Cheers! Partially levels and mostly my lack of mastering knowledge :; I like what you say about the pads kind of sitting very spread that makes sense and is cool :)

*Siege Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the track…..yes need to hear some deep music after a messy night out for sure :pirate:

*Mindful Yaaaa thanks man! :) :cool:

I'm going to do a few adjustments to this track from these suggestions today and will repost the newer version later Cheers!

Good stuff Miss Elaine. Very nice to kick back and chill for sure. All of the elements come together to make a really nice work indeed. Love the bass and those pads expecially. Definitely reminds me loads of the old days....Sort of in the likes of the MAru release on drumcode. One track in specific.

A couple of touches like the cats above had said....but overall 100% for sure my favorite track from you sweetie. keep up the great works!!!:mrmyagi:

Grenoybel
15-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Really nice smooth techno! waiting for the improvements

dan the acid man
16-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Excellent track, i can't really add anything that's not already been said.
I look forward to hearing it after some more work

Honeey
17-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Allright! here's the reworked version as best as my knowledge and ears allow at this time with help from all the excellent advice given here :)

http://www.honeeymustard.com/There1_HoneeyMustard.mp3

Brad thank you that’s so cool :)
Grenoybel cheers for listening glad you enjoyed!
dan the acid man :) :cool: thanks!

278d7e64a374de26f==