PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of WJ Henze?

Bughead
15-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Has he done anything good recently?
There was one of the federation of drums which was ok but otherwise nothing really which lit up my christmas tree?
what do people think?

Col
16-10-2003, 01:09 AM
not so sure about any recent stuff mate, but i have an ep on contrast from 3 years ago, and the tracks are amazing, sheer quality. everytime i come across this record in my collection, i give it a play and it sounds better than the last time i heard it. the only dissapointing thing is the quiet pressing.

ive not looked up on any of his other stuff, time to scour the net me thinks.

Sunil
16-10-2003, 01:33 AM
He does sooo much it's hard to keep up. Federation of Drums stuff is usually his best. He engineers tonnes of other people's records too. I liked the new one he did with Zaffarano on Anima

DJZeMig_L
16-10-2003, 01:37 AM
most stuff ain't my cuppa... but is federation of drums 33 - Aurora Borealis is brilliant and I can't get tired of spinning it!

Z

Sunil
16-10-2003, 01:41 AM
most stuff ain't my cuppa... but is federation of drums 33 - Aurora Borealis is brilliant and I can't get tired of spinning it!

Z

that's an amazing record alright! Himself and sebbo have done a few good ones together as well.

Dustin Zahn
16-10-2003, 03:59 AM
I think he's a good producer, but I really have to question where he gets his samples from. That's all I'll say about that. He's made some good tracks though.

Methodixxx
16-10-2003, 07:17 AM
I like his remix of that new Christopher Just record.... pretty kewl...

The Overfiend
16-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Sick :clap:

killarava2day
16-10-2003, 10:09 AM
I was gona post a similar topic...

Henze is pretty hot and cold sometimes, which can give me the shits. He has a pretty consistant formula though, like his 909 structured drum patterns and synthy driven bass lines, none the less though he can come up with some real interesting loop / vocal cuts which can sound simply fantastic. Added to that you know that he'll always be hard so you can at least guarantee one good track per EP. Layering his stuff can be interesting and the results can be rewarding. You know though, you'd wouldn't get away playing this stuff at your local pub...however if you're dealing with a trashy dancefloor, then Henze really comes into his own.

Close your Eyes is classed as a techno classic aint it? The new trilogy on FOD rates real high with me, as well as his works on Ascend, Knee Deep, Contaiminated, you name it...

Sometimes I wonder though whether quality is better than quantity, specially with Henze.

karlo
16-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Close your Eyes - for me, and my mind, is track with emotions inside...
He was plying once here in Croatia, so it was cool to listen him ;o)

evil_concussion
16-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Close your Eyes - for me, and my mind, is track with emotions inside...
He was plying once here in Croatia, so it was cool to listen him ;o)

yes thats the best track of him.

On delirium are all records the same :roll:

nothing new :dontevengothere:

karlo
16-10-2003, 10:32 AM
i cant comment it, have him on Gecko and Close Your Eyes...so ;o) all 2 are good ;o) other stuff dont have ;)

observer
16-10-2003, 11:40 AM
i cant comment it, have him on Gecko and Close Your Eyes...so ;o) all 2 are good ;o) other stuff dont have ;)

Yes loads of good stuff.. wjh, submode, gecko, cor dekking.. FOD 25´s my fav :twisted:

dcdn
16-10-2003, 11:56 AM
i liked his "man eater" ep on federation of drums very much
and also a record but thats an older one on spielzeug records, thought it was number 15

Paul Zykotik
16-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Hit and miss. Some of his tunes have been brilliant, some have been really poor - little more than clattering noise. Also heard a fair few tracks of his where the kicks are really weak, which is fairly pointless in club techno IMO...

The Overfiend
16-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I loved se siente me cuerpo on spielzeug!
That kick pattern was whoa!

DJPAUZE
16-10-2003, 04:38 PM
I have to agree with everyone, he is a BIGTIME hit and miss producer. Um only have a couple of things by him.

He has however done some great stuff on FOD!!!

Pauze :twisted:

Sunil
16-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Close your Eyes is classed as a techno classic aint it? .

Yes but he's only sampled the original on his version. The original was by hardcore producer Acen

fly
18-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Yup, i agree with most of you guys.

Besides the major hit "Aurora Borealis" one of my also favorites from WJ Henze is the "Just Close Your Eyes" with the Jim Morrison sample. Just awesome! :twisted:

davethedrummer
18-10-2003, 10:01 PM
bought several of his tunes
over the years

never got the close your eyes 'cos it came out at exactly the same time as hydro 2 ( how weird,,,much weird)

but i don't think i've ever really played them
too muddy not very interesting, nice grooves , but not all that really , and with out jim morrison ,well we'd just have a drum pattern.
sorry but i have to pass on this one.

justin schumacher
22-10-2003, 09:45 PM
def hit or miss producer

just close your eyes remix was bangin
the las chicas sueltas ep on fod was proper, both sides

the doublew pack: passengers only on fod was amazing

most of his stuff has no distinction bettween them.
his new record is aight

278d7e64a374de26f==