PDA

View Full Version : Synapse Orion!! ??

stjohn
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
kinda like a mix between FL and Reason, but i like some of the synths there...

what yiz reckon, any users? or not worth the bother when Live is the daddy

MARK ANXIOUS
07-11-2006, 08:10 PM
well i reckon it's like anything really, the more arsenal you have and you understand the better it will be for you. different progs etc all have different workflow so i think it's good for your music to try lots of other things imho :cheese:

xfive
07-11-2006, 08:25 PM
That's what Steve (DB) used to use before I got him hooked on Live.

stjohn
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
really yea? theres a nice warmth out of all the modules!!. plus full VST Dxi support... i like :)

Jak
17-11-2006, 07:16 PM
used a version of orion for a little while in 2004. It has some neat sounds and interesting modules but I had lots of issues with it freezing up in the middle of a session and I would lose what I had done. Thank goodness for the auto save in live! Also a lot of midi issues when using external synths (midi hang). overall I found it frustrating. Could be operator error but still, I went to Live and haven't gone back.

Here's something I wrote primarily w orion- http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=459350&t=184

dirty_bass
21-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I still use it (platinum) from time to time when I want to work in a more detailed way, it`s great for me as it is set up like a virtual, traditional studio, ie, it`s centred around the desk/mixer, rather than the rather unnatural environment of logic and SX and I earned my wings in an old analog studio so it`s a familiar environment for me.
It`s nice to work around a mixer and to be able to quickly reference everything from the desk.
I get it free as I was a very early user, and if you have a legal copy it is very stable indeed as a vsti host.
I`d recommend it, but like any Virtual Studio it`s all about personal taste.

Jak
21-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I still use it (platinum) from time to time when I want to work in a more detailed way, it`s great for me as it is set up like a virtual, traditional studio, ie, it`s centred around the desk/mixer, rather than the rather unnatural environment of logic and SX and I earned my wings in an old analog studio so it`s a familiar environment for me.
It`s nice to work around a mixer and to be able to quickly reference everything from the desk.
I get it free as I was a very early user, and if you have a legal copy it is very stable indeed as a vsti host.
I`d recommend it, but like any Virtual Studio it`s all about personal taste.

so, it sounds like you don't have the midi hang and freeze problem that I did. maybe I had problems because it was a crack. which version r u using?

stjohn
21-11-2006, 06:59 PM
people on BOA dont use cracks , remember Jak???

:cool::cool:

Jak
21-11-2006, 11:52 PM
people on BOA dont use cracks , remember Jak???

:cool::cool:

ohhhhhh.. right then. well, that was way way way back when I was young and foolish.... I'm so much older and all the wiser now...... ha

278d7e64a374de26f==