PDA

View Full Version : Just want some feedback

evanrees
16-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Hey everybody i waould just like some feedback on this track. Its my first complete one, a bit of a tech trance track.

Thanks

URL: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/djgrummanausmusic.htm

professor
16-10-2003, 02:40 PM
evanrees-

for your first complete track you really got all of the sounds/levels pretty good. The synths/samples are clear and no one is overpowering.

The content is not at all my bag though, so I think it is better if I don't comment...

Keep at it.

AznRaver
17-10-2003, 02:56 PM
hey whats up anyone see that movie house of the dead the movie was a piece of shit and sucked but the soundtrack is awesome it has nice techno in it .....

evanrees
18-10-2003, 02:40 AM
I realise that this isnt techno, i meant to put it in the trance filez section

EmotionComplex
18-10-2003, 03:43 AM
id say it definetly falls into techno mate!

not bad for a first track, done in fruity?

keep at it man ;)

evanrees
18-10-2003, 03:47 AM
Yeah it was done in fruity studio

Thanks heaps

jonnyspeed
18-10-2003, 12:55 PM
content is a personal thing... :) to me all hippy trance is just arse to make office workers think they have met the Sun God Ra and live on some beach in goa or sumfink. aiii.

...but back to your track. The bass kick is like an 808 or 909 or something. My advice is that this really needs some depth and kick to it to make it more boom boom You could either sample of something like Skull Tunes of bangingtunes.com or add someting like the Maxxbass directX plug-in to the kick sample.

Its also a bit erm... mainstream but then again all hippy trance is really. I think you really need to add some wierdness - maybe in terms of rumbling basslines to complement the acid line you've got at the moment. This would make it more Evil Dead and a little less Dawson's Creek.

A few shorter drop outs and more repid builds over 4-6 bar normally give tunes a bit more drive. You could also think about some double bass kicks occationally - maybe every 4-8 bars in parts.

...and I always ****ing love rave horns, me!

hope I've been constructive, keep it up :clap:

...and I really advise dropping Fruity and getting grips with Reason... different league, mate.

You had a look at Genero Project? they is a big production community that is big into trance, gay house and the like.

Col
18-10-2003, 03:05 PM
content is a personal thing... :)

Its also a bit erm... mainstream but then again all hippy trance is really. I think you really need to add some wierdness - maybe in terms of rumbling basslines to complement the acid line you've got at the moment. This would make it more Evil Dead and a little less Dawson's Creek.

LMAO :lol: , jonny you certainley have a way with words!

evanrees
29-10-2003, 05:39 AM
...and I really advise dropping Fruity and getting grips with Reason... different league, mate.

I would love to but i am a bit poor. one day though...

278d7e64a374de26f==