PDA

View Full Version : Audio via MIDI

judas_beast
10-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Yup I thought it was bollocks to, but Elektron have got that C6 sysex thang. Anyone know/have experience of anything with regards to doing this with Akai samplers? Specifically S3000xl and a S3200. I know the transfer rate for an 'audio dump' down a midi cable would be sloth like at best, but I wanna try it.

messyfuture
10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
i still use my a3000 and send stuff to and from with scsi,

think it is pretty much the same with akai samplers and i think the transfare rate is quicker with them to

what other info did you want?

judas_beast
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
i still use my a3000 and send stuff to and from with scsi,

think it is pretty much the same with akai samplers and i think the transfare rate is quicker with them to

what other info did you want?
Well have you ever done it with MIDI, no scsi? do I need any particular software (sysex?) and is it worth it or would i be doing it just to be an ub3r g33k?!

messyfuture
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
its always been via scsi but you need to have the midi connected too, I use either wavelab or recycle and needed to get a aspi update from somewhere to make it work when i upgraded to xp

probaby dont think its worth it these days a few years ago i would have been lost without, try cutting a loop up properly in an a3000 or s2000 the way you do in recycle....it takes feckin ages

however if your that way inclined go for to lol

RDR
11-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Link up an s2000 to recycle and do it that way... it works a treat.

slow as an old lady with ehr knickers round her ankles... but no loss of quality and and interesting way to do things....

judas_beast
11-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Link up an s2000 to recycle and do it that way... it works a treat.

slow as an old lady with ehr knickers round her ankles... but no loss of quality and and interesting way to do things....

Yeah I just like the idea of sending some audio via MIDI basically. Just something to try. I've got a SCSI card of m 3200 which is linked up to my Mac, and my 3000xl's got one to, don't use it. Just thought I'd give it a go.

278d7e64a374de26f==