11-11-2006, 01:53 PM
at present

2.7 ghz

1 gig Ram

80 gb hard drive ( 320 on the way)

any advise on a sound card? looking at a

- M-AUDIOPHILE 2496 -

what ells would i need? monitors and so on

on a slight budget at the mo and also i will be a beginner so i dont wanna go all out at first,all though you get what you pay for haha so whats your recomendations?

cheers :)

judas_beast
11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
at present

2.7 ghz

1 gig Ram

80 gb hard drive ( 320 on the way)

any advise on a sound card? looking at a

- M-AUDIOPHILE 2496 -

what ells would i need? monitors and so on

on a slight budget at the mo and also i will be a beginner so i dont wanna go all out at first,all though you get what you pay for haha so whats your recomendations?

cheers :)
Yeah thats not a bad low end card. If I were you I'd try and save/steal a bit more money and get something around a ton fifty, simply because you might want more ins/outs in the future and then you'll have to upgrade. Perhaps one of these http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/productAction.do?dispatch=showProduct&SKU=EMU-MEGABUND&context=WEB which comes with a load of bundled software so you can get started right away. You'll need some monitors too, perhaps some http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/productAction.do?dispatch=showProduct&SKU=FOST-PM04P&context=WEB , there active too so you don't need an amp. You might want a controller keyboard, but you don't need it and you say you're on a budget so maybe not. You got a sequencer?

LEE.S.I
11-11-2006, 04:58 PM
thanks for the advise,no i havent im still bit unsure as to what is exatlly needed
what would i need that for?

dan the acid man
11-11-2006, 05:29 PM
well a controller keyboard can be used to controll soft synths by pressing and turning buttons on a controller instead of using a mouse and pc keyboard, also using a keyboard means you can play notes live by jamming along, it's not something you need to be honest, but its something to get further down the line.

as for monitors, i wouldnt get the fostex pm04 as they only go down to about 60hz, not sure of the exact figure, but i'd save and get the fostex pm05's instead

LEE.S.I
11-11-2006, 07:14 PM
thanks for your help peeps :)

278d7e64a374de26f==