PDA

View Full Version : Mauro Picotto

jourdain
16-10-2003, 09:09 PM
I didn't see a discussion about this guy.

What do you Techno-heads think about Mauro ? His sets are always full of energy, and his latest releases are getting played by the top techno-dj's. I always thought that he was an outsider in the techno-scene but nowadays he's one of the most established names in the scene.

Col
16-10-2003, 09:26 PM
i actually like his tech-trance stuff, but i dont think hes established himself within the techno community, and i think he will have a hard time trying to convince many within the techno community.

i thought he'd only done a couple of releases on techno labels?

Esox Lucius
16-10-2003, 09:37 PM
mauro picotto argument round 2345. :roll:

dan the acid man
16-10-2003, 09:41 PM
mauro picotto argument round 2345. :roll:
I know im fed up of this argument, if you like his records then buy them if you dont like his records then dont, end of argument.

Paul Nisbet
16-10-2003, 09:44 PM
I like his stuff.... his new one AMAZING is a bit of a tune, and his athos 1 collab recently was quality funk also.

miromiric.
16-10-2003, 10:14 PM
i have to raise my voice here! mauro makes fukin disgusting music for me, but if u like it ok, but please dont call it techno u r insulting us. or if thats really techno then i hate techno!

The Overfiend
16-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Mauro..................
Can stay on his side of the tracks.
He's not bringing anything new.

4play
16-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah but when does techno really become techno??

Miromiric???

The Overfiend
16-10-2003, 11:54 PM
When you're not backwards thinking always trying to push the envelope of progression.

4play
16-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Yeah Not all of his stuff is techno some of it very tech trancey but where do you call the line weather its techno or not??

Paul Nisbet
17-10-2003, 07:45 AM
i have to raise my voice here! mauro makes fukin disgusting music for me, but if u like it ok, but please dont call it techno u r insulting us. or if thats really techno then i hate techno!

Sorry mate, quite possibly contender for the most silly post of the year.

If he is not making techno, then what is he making?

If you dont like him, fair enough. But what do you not like, have you heard his new stuff? The releases he has done under Underground etc...

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 09:27 AM
techno my arse! if what mauro makes is techno, then I will eat my hat.

miromiric.
17-10-2003, 09:59 AM
yes i heard his new releases and that is certainly not techno!
as summerofsam said - techno isnt when u r going backwards!
mauro s music contains very cheap tricks for wider publicity, it has nothing special in it. overlyproduced (sounds to fukin soft and nice), there s no drive in it whatsoever.

i can make something on 140 bpm with constant 4/4 rhythm and call it techno, but IMO it takes something more then that to be called like that.

or actually, have it your own way, i m simply quiting this techno thing, everything is ruined.

eyes without a face
17-10-2003, 12:59 PM
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

MARK PLEASE LOCK THIS TOPIC

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 01:13 PM
there's no limit!

miromiric.
17-10-2003, 01:15 PM
why locking topic? i do not understand.
i am merely stating my point of view , i am not dissing anyone here.
can`t you have an argumented argument=?

miromiric.
17-10-2003, 01:16 PM
argumented coversation lol

The Overfiend
17-10-2003, 02:43 PM
No you can't especailly when you're saying how you "really" feel about someone, lol. Gimme a break. I'm with Miro. And personally I think Mauro
has been known for jackin ideas off techno artists and using it to his own benefit. Now someone must have put him on the spot to make some proper ish.

Jimfish
17-10-2003, 03:24 PM
:bash:

eyes without a face
17-10-2003, 03:27 PM
this argument really has been done too many times now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJPAUZE
17-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Hmm look at the people getting mad. Lemme give you my sum of it all.
Mauro Picotto is a great producer in my opinion, most of his stuff I dont play because its too light in my opinion but I do respect the guy grately.
I have bought to date about 3 copies of his track baguette which i think was one of his greatest tracks to date.
And to say that he hasnt made any techno would be rubbish. Listen to his hong kong track on Awesome and tell me that is not techno.
For most of his sets around the world he mainly plays techno trancy stuff's but I have heard that one set he played here in Toronto, he played HARD BANGING GERMAN TECHNO from beginning to end.
I really admire what level he has achieved over the years, I thik his sound is different then the others and THATS MY OPINION so DONT BASH ME cause its a valid statement biotch!

HAHAHAHAH
Pauze :twisted:

davethedrummer
17-10-2003, 03:55 PM

which do you prefer ....mac or pc.........why are you running at me with that kitchen knife???? .....sorry ......aaaaaaaaaaarrrrghh!!!!!!!

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 04:10 PM
lmao :lol:

Col
17-10-2003, 04:47 PM
lets have an argument! :twisted:

this forum has been dead for months! :twisted: :lol:

Col
17-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Hmm look at the people getting mad. Lemme give you my sum of it all.
Mauro Picotto is a great producer in my opinion, most of his stuff I dont play because its too light in my opinion but I do respect the guy grately.
I have bought to date about 3 copies of his track baguette which i think was one of his greatest tracks to date.
And to say that he hasnt made any techno would be rubbish. Listen to his hong kong track on Awesome and tell me that is not techno.
For most of his sets around the world he mainly plays techno trancy stuff's but I have heard that one set he played here in Toronto, he played HARD BANGING GERMAN TECHNO from beginning to end.
I really admire what level he has achieved over the years, I thik his sound is different then the others and THATS MY OPINION so DONT BASH ME cause its a valid statement biotch!

HAHAHAHAH
Pauze :twisted:

yeah i kind of agree.

i have bought many picotto tracks in the past, but i dont think id play many of them in a techno set. i think he is an exellent producer, although i have to question what he wants from the music, and where he wants to take it.

i think hes looking to take techno to a commercial audience, which aint good for the music in my opinion.

HAHAHAHAH
Pauze :twisted:[/quote]

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 05:20 PM
I reckon with him it's all about the £££.

Patrick
17-10-2003, 05:41 PM

which do you prefer ....mac or pc.........why are you running at me with that kitchen knife???? .....sorry ......aaaaaaaaaaarrrrghh!!!!!!!

Ha ha. And how about Hardware vs Software for the billionth time as well.

Does anybody else find it highly amusing that the Trance Forum Moderator is telling the techno heads what techno is ? Nice one Paul, made me chuckle anyway. :clap: :lol:

As for Picotto, who gives a fu.ck ! :roll: If ya likes it ya likes it, if ya don't ya don't. End of (until next week when the topic will come up AGAIN) ! But it ain't techno imho.

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 05:44 PM
haha love the signature paddy, the passion of st tibulus :lol:

my fav episode of father ted that :lol:

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 05:54 PM
[quote="davethedrummer"][quote=eyes without a face]
Does anybody else find it highly amusing that the Trance Forum Moderator is telling the techno heads what techno is ? Nice one Paul, made me chuckle anyway. :clap: :lol:

lmao :lol:

I was thinking the same thing before, I wonder how they would like it if I go in there and tell them ian van dahl is proper hard trance :lol:

miromiric.
17-10-2003, 06:12 PM
yep sure, but lets not base our arguments on dissing the "opponent" in duscussion.

i was at my dear friend borna`s today and we listened to quite few mauro`s releases. oh my, did we have good laugh. it sounds like first tries of a some kid in fruityloops posted on local forum. :notworthy:

Paul Nisbet
17-10-2003, 06:22 PM

As for Picotto, who gives a fu.ck ! :roll: If ya likes it ya likes it, if ya don't ya don't. End of (until next week when the topic will come up AGAIN) ! But it ain't techno imho.

tbh mate, thats quite a cheap shot, im into my techno just as much as my trance. And if YOU READ my post, you will see i wasnt tellin anyone wat techno is alrite dude.

Are u tellin me that people who like trance are not able to come on here too express there opinions? I wasnt tellin anyone anythin, not that far up my own arse to think i can do that. ;)

So dont start patrik, really cant be arsed with this gash.

Athos 1 got reviews by aron liberator in the Techno section of Upfront etc...

im not sayin that it makes it techno, but wat does it make?

The first tune in history not to have a genre too go home too?

The Overfiend
17-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Ummm .........Jeez.......

Paul Nisbet
17-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Caught me after work..... :oops:

bit harsh out burst there.... na guys u gotta see where im coming from.

I hate being dismissed just cause i like trance, im ahm just as into my techno. So dont totally diss me like that.

miromiric.
17-10-2003, 07:31 PM
no we wont diss u cause u r trancer, we ll diss u cause u like mauro picotto *gggggg*. fair enough? :dance: :wicked:

Paul Nisbet
17-10-2003, 07:37 PM
no we wont diss u cause u r trancer, we ll diss u cause u like mauro picotto *gggggg*. fair enough? :dance: :wicked:

lmao. Fair enough. :love:

miles
17-10-2003, 07:58 PM
[quote="jourdain"]I didn't see a discussion about this guy.

What do you Techno-heads think about Mauro ?

Wanker

The Overfiend
17-10-2003, 08:03 PM
haha bong!

miles
17-10-2003, 08:49 PM
haha bong!

Singapore slings all round my friend..Chin, Chin!
Shall we meet at Raffles in the morning?

The Overfiend
17-10-2003, 09:05 PM
You are a victim of the kingdom of fear.

miles
17-10-2003, 09:21 PM
You are a victim of the kingdom of fear.

Suppose i am ..suppose Cunter is as well!

jourdain
18-10-2003, 10:07 AM
[quote=jourdain]I didn't see a discussion about this guy.

What do you Techno-heads think about Mauro ?

Wanker

Wanker ? Is that the way how you discuss ?

I was only trying to make a discussion about the fact that Picotto is becoming more and more a person who is changing from an outsider to an producer/dj who is a regular in the scene.

Ok, he has made Trance before, but he made also clubhouse and even happy house in the early nineties. So, is that wrong ? Sven Vath did the same thing.

It's just a fact that mauro is getting bigger now. His production are getting released on primate, his productions are being played by guys like Adam Beyer, Chris Liebing, Thomas Krome etc. And his dj-sets are also evolving, from a tech-trance-style a few years ago to a full Techno-set nowadays.

Example:

01 ID
02 Mauro Picotto - Tao Tek EP [Primate - Promo]
03 Chris Liebing - Weather (Henrik B Remix) [CLRetry - 07]
04 DJ Rush - Sinner Man (Gabry Fasano Edit) [White Label]
05 Mauro Picotto - Alchemist [Primate - PRMT 77]
06 Massimo Comminotto - Eroi De Carta [White Label]
07 LFO - Freak [Warp - WAP 166]
08 Axel Bartsch & Asem Shama - Drumfiles 3.1 [Spielzeug - 12 SPIEL 022]
09 ID
10 ID
11 Literon - Switch To Dis! [Fortek - FT 005]
12 ID
13 Mauro Picotto & Riccardo Ferri - Amazing [Alchemy - ALC 001]
14 Stanny Franssen - Datastring (Chris Liebing Remix) [Genetic - Promo]
15 The Advent - 3rd Rail [Kombination Research - KR 016]
16 Monika Kruse @ Voodooamt - Wavez [Terminal M - TERM 0104-6]
17 DK - Murder Was The Bass [DK - 8]
18 Fabrice Lig - Black Stone [Kanzleramt - KA 89]
19 Headroom - Su:Real 1:9 [Su:Real - SUREAL 01]
20 Carl Craig & Laurent Garnier - Tres Demented (Or Just Crazy) [Planet E]
21 Secret Cinema - Secret Cinema 003 (A1) [Secret Cinema - SC 003]
22 Marco Carola - Diapason [Zenit - 14]

miromiric.
18-10-2003, 12:18 PM
who`s this playlist? fegires?

fact that that horrible picotto`s music is being played by beyer tells you that simply his time has gone.
i am not giving up on this.

bornaa
18-10-2003, 02:12 PM
oh come on miro, i tought u liked komodo just a tiny bit :cry: ...u know.... that emotional cut played on mtv? it IS techno....

Paul Nisbet
18-10-2003, 03:48 PM
who`s this playlist? fegires?

fact that that horrible picotto`s music is being played by beyer tells you that simply his time has gone.
i am not giving up on this.

FERGIE mate! lmao

miromiric.
18-10-2003, 03:53 PM
lapsus calami, sorry. who`s playlist it it then?

so paul you still think mauro is techno? :rambo:

Sunil
18-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Example:

01 ID
09 ID
10 ID
12 ID

There's no doubting that he now plays techno, whether he plays it well is another story though. By the looks of the above set there's no great deal of thought gone into the way he's put it together, his first tune might as well be the last tune as there's no progression whatsover.

As a producer he may not be the most original going but his techno is as good as anyone elses. I'm not a fan but i think there's been far too much shite talked here regarding his non ability as a producer. Picotto DOES make techno, it is NO worse than any of the other stuff coming through Primate and the likes. Whatever people think of him nothing can be changed now, he's releasing techno that many people like and that's it.

Paul Nisbet
18-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Example:

01 ID
09 ID
10 ID
12 ID

There's no doubting that he now plays techno, whether he plays it well is another story though. By the looks of the above set there's no great deal of thought gone into the way he's put it together, his first tune might as well be the last tune as there's no progression whatsover.

As a producer he may not be the most original going but his techno is as good as anyone elses. I'm not a fan but i think there's been far too much shite talked here regarding his non ability as a producer. Picotto DOES make techno, it is NO worse than any of the other stuff coming through Primate and the likes. Whatever people think of him nothing can be changed now, he's releasing techno that many people like and that's it.

Spot on mate!

Patrick
18-10-2003, 07:40 PM

tbh mate, thats quite a cheap shot, im into my techno just as much as my trance. And if YOU READ my post, you will see i wasnt tellin anyone wat techno is alrite dude.

Are u tellin me that people who like trance are not able to come on here too express there opinions? I wasnt tellin anyone anythin, not that far up my own arse to think i can do that. ;)

So dont start patrik, really cant be arsed with this gash.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hard day at the office, dear ? ;) :lol:

http://www.1stgeneration.co.uk/Holdall/calmdown.gif

Sorry Paul, I wasn't taking a cheap shot, it just read funny that's all, seeing Club Trance Moderator next to a line that says "if he's not making techno then what is he making ?", when you were asking someone who is really, really into techno. Nothing personal, it really did just make me smile, that's all. Course you're entitled to your opinion, and in fact we might have actually stumbled on a serious point here. Picotto, coming from a trance background, probably does make a style of techno that will appeal more to people, like yourself, who are also coming from a trance background.

Anyway, no offence meant.

Peace
Patrick

Patrick
18-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Caught me after work..... :oops:

bit harsh out burst there.... na guys u gotta see where im coming from.

I hate being dismissed just cause i like trance, im ahm just as into my techno. So dont totally diss me like that.

See above. Wasn't a diss etc. etc. Mr. Sensitive ;) :lol: . Man, you're gonna have to toughen up if you want to hang in the Hard Techno forum. We all bitch slap each other before breakfast......and that's just to get warmed up to the proper arguing.

davethedrummer
18-10-2003, 10:21 PM
yeah yeah........well.....guys have i got news for you..

check this out from spandex monthly a new magazine from the oputer hebrides

::
techno's this amazingly abstract form of music in which everyone hears their own symphony or cocophony and perhaps because of this, fans of this music feel alienated from other music forms and are encouraged to hunt together in packs, snarling and with saliva dripping from their blood stained teeth they roam the local record shops sneering at the useless unimaginative pathetic plebs who in their innocence ( yet this is NO reason to feel sympathetic for them) are coming away pleased as punch that they just managed to aquire their very own copy of the recently released " totally ****ing beatiful headtrip" by mauro piccotto , the man the legend, the TECHNO SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!

YES MAURO PICOTTO DOESN'T JUST MAKE TECHNO

HE IS TECHNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE EATS SURGEON FOR BREAKFAST AND JEFF MILLS FOR TEA (with robert hood for afters)

AND BY CRIKEY I LOVE HIM ( AND HIS LITTLE ITALIAN BEARD,and sunglasses i love sunglasses......they make you look really cool. )

wonderful. glad i got that off my chest......now where's that copy of spandex i'm sure it was in the toilet................

miromiric.
19-10-2003, 12:30 AM
haha totally sweet.

an idea for new topic occured while reading all this about definition what techno is and isnt:

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=63958#63958

Esox Lucius
19-10-2003, 02:15 PM
"eats surgeon for breakfast & jeff mills for tea"

LMFAO :lol:

if mauro had any passion for techno, why did he make dire tracks like lizard & komodo??? £££££££????

Jimfish
19-10-2003, 02:59 PM
oh, god, i was really trying not to reply to this yeat another picotto thread.
If he was in it just for the money now he would still be making trance..
Mauro can easily make top 40 trance hits for wedge but he doesnt need to.. he allready has made his wedge, now he is doing somthing more for his own personal enjoyment - what the **** is wrong with that??
He is also a really nice genuine guy from what i have met of him - much more down to earth than many of the big bollocks techno jocks worshipped on here - i have more respect for people who do shit for money than those who do it to be the big man.
Just let him be anyways. he does far less harm than all the monkeys punting out 12's that sound like they were recorded through the neighbours wall..

I think the fact that you lot get so up in arms about mauro all the time shows you probably secretly love it, but because its not accepted/trendy feel guilty and dont want to admit it (maybe not even to yourselves). a classic cliche that 99% of the time tends to be true.. reminds me of the colonel in american beauty...

baaaa

miromiric.
19-10-2003, 03:03 PM
horse crap...

Jimfish
19-10-2003, 03:14 PM
hahaha

Esox Lucius
19-10-2003, 03:33 PM
bollocks, if I liked his music I would say.

Jimfish
19-10-2003, 03:48 PM
i know i know, im just trying to guage why people so millitant about him...

The Overfiend
19-10-2003, 04:30 PM
just shoot him and get it over with......

4play
19-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Respect him or dont respect him for what he does but its quite clear he is where he is today for his earlier releases such as the ones mentioned above,

He has obviously done it the other way round to how other people usualy do it ie making it big with his cheese then start making stuff he likes!

Right or wrong way of how hes got there but he is there and yes hes making a hell of a living out of it!!!

The Overfiend
19-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Example:

01 ID
09 ID
10 ID
12 ID

This sounds like the new release wall at the local retailer.

Bughead
19-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Is Mauro Picotto Sharon's dad, resurrected after how many years in the bottom of a canal? or was he on the grassy knoll, or maybe he was that guy that ran onto the race track at Silverstone, either way he's never been more talked about. Its times like these that you need Sigmund Freud around to analyse some the replies....

keep it up... who cares what music he makes, I bet he sleeps soundly enough at night in his mansion with all his cars and some hot chick beside him...

Patrick
20-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Its times like these that you need Sigmund Freud around to analyse some the replies....

Indeed. I was only just thinking that this thread was lacking a cocaine addict telling us the reason everyone gets so lairy about Picotto is because we all want to fu.ck our own mothers. ;) :lol:

Jimfish
20-10-2003, 09:29 AM
[quote=Bughead] the reason everyone gets so lairy about Picotto is because we all want to fu.ck our own mothers. ;) :lol:

i think you may be on to somthing here ;)

miromiric.
20-10-2003, 09:32 AM
well i d like to **** you in that big shiny forehead. you know, kinda slopping it from the side.

Jimfish
20-10-2003, 09:39 AM
my forehead is yours

The Overfiend
20-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Lock this crappy ass thread, the more we type about the herb the more attention were bringing to the f*ck.

jourdain
20-10-2003, 04:15 PM
*kloenk*

278d7e64a374de26f==