16-10-2003, 10:06 PM
there not bad, worth getting for £70

eyes without a face
17-10-2003, 12:55 AM
i presume its the rack version for £70? id snap it right up

i use the vst version bassstation and that rocks aswell

SlimboyPhatt
21-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Have now discovered this is Monophonic, and Monaural. Plus I am currently using an onboard sound card, and dont have a mixing desk.

I Can see this causing problems eh?

I do have a 3 channel Vestax Dj mixer (PCV 175)

Any thoughts? :help:

SlimboyPhatt
21-10-2003, 11:29 AM
come on peeps!! Please :roll:

acidhead
21-10-2003, 11:23 PM
bass station doing hoovers?

not heard that b4 but then again i have never used one - i thought it wanted to be a tb303 but failed

anyway , u can connect your pc outs into your mixer left channel , your synth outs into your mixer right channel - your mixer main outs to your speakers and your mixer CR/aux outs(if it has them) to your soundcard ins
(so you can record and track it one track at a time)
have fun

WEZ
22-10-2003, 08:24 AM

not heard that b4 but then again i have never used one - i thought it wanted to be a tb303 but failed

anyway , u can connect your pc outs into your mixer left channel , your synth outs into your mixer right channel - your mixer main outs to your speakers and your mixer CR/aux outs(if it has them) to your soundcard ins
(so you can record and track it one track at a time)
have fun

Such a wealth of knowledge marc ! :clap:

mux
02-04-2004, 09:03 PM

That's really debatable, IMHO. :) I think it tried to be a TB-303, but ended up being a BassStation. IE, something completely different, but wonderful in its own way.

You can hear BassStation all over early Prodigy, and most notibly on that seminal track "Narcotic Influence" by Empirion. It has a nasally, sharp character that becomes unmistakable after you play with it for a while. It's NOT a TB-303, but unless you're specifically going for the "303 sound", it's a very, very nice elastic rubbery lead synth.

I did a show years ago that every track featured the BassStation on leads, through a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, Boss EH-2 Enhancer, and Boss DD-3 Digital Delay... and all the audio geeks were asking me afterwards how I got that awesome screamy lead synth sound. :)

If it's the keyboard version, for 70 quid, I say grab it. The keyboard is full MIDI, sends and receives on all knobs (ie, you can sequence the knobs from your DAW, which is how they did the "Narcotic Influence" sounds), so it's also a cute little MIDI controller. If it's the rack version, I still say grab it - the rack comes with a built-in CV/Gate converter which can come in very handy when you're jamming with your friend's SH-101 or something. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==