PDA

View Full Version : Aresenal v liverool

michael00elder
12-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Go on the gooners!! Half time looking good!!!

Esox Lucius
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
good game good game as brucie would say.

DJsmallpaul
12-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Cracking Stadium that innit

french_og
12-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I just can not ever get my head around Gerrard on the right and with Sissoko inured also the perfect oportunity to put him in his best position.

Benitez is just being stubborn now and keeping on the right to prove a point.

michael00elder
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
great stadium, hard game today had to win to keep on man u tails

basslinejunkie
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
****ing pisspoor,so disappointing.we were doing v well first half,then just went to shit.

michael00elder
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I hope we can keep up the good work, starting with newcastle next week at home

DJsmallpaul
12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
I hope we can keep up the good work, starting with newcastle next week at home

How do you come to be an Arsenal fan Michael ?

michael00elder
12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
stayed in london in 1999 till 2001, folowed them since mate.

DJsmallpaul
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
stayed in london in 1999 till 2001, folowed them since mate.

:icon14:

Numeric
12-11-2006, 09:20 PM
good win for the arse...

Will
12-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah, quality. I can't beleive how tough their last 5 away games have been though, it's a bit like Arsenal last season, our first away game was at Stamford Bridge and then it just went downhill from there... Though if they wanted to win the title they should have done better really, they could maybe have overturned the Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal results by beating those teams at home, but Bolton and Everton aren't title contenders...

Numeric
13-11-2006, 10:03 AM
i didn't see the match but from what i can gather Liverpool made a game of it in parts but were un-done by two well crafted goals, and let themselves down defensively for the third...

to be honest i didn't buy into all the bulls**t people were talking about Liverpool pushing Chelsea closest this season before a ball had even been kicked, their recent bad results are no suprise...

basslinejunkie
13-11-2006, 11:09 AM
i didn't see the match but from what i can gather Liverpool made a game of it in parts but were un-done by two well crafted goals, and let themselves down defensively for the third...

to be honest i didn't buy into all the bulls**t people were talking about Liverpool pushing Chelsea closest this season before a ball had even been kicked, their recent bad results are no suprise...

you seem to forget from around xmas last year i think we had by far the best record in the country,we were destroying everyone. so of course the hype growed for this season.but as always a s*ite start let us down.

nick_anarchy
13-11-2006, 11:46 AM
did liverpool play as bad as they did VS utd ? i didnt see the game as i was in work but did expect arsenal to win

a lad in work was shouting around saying rafa has got his best team out and they will batter arsenal etc etc ... wonder if he will eat his words when i see him again haha

Numeric
13-11-2006, 12:08 PM
from what i can gather Liverpool played a lot better than they did against United...

dan the acid man
13-11-2006, 03:47 PM
they played ok, but the end result in the final third was dire

kai
13-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Just wanna say to all the Liverpool fans:

Hows it feel to be out of the title race so soon in the season?

High hopes smashed to pieces I reckon!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

phantomdj
13-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Just wanna say to all the Liverpool fans:

Hows it feel to be out of the title race so soon in the season?

High hopes smashed to pieces I reckon!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

benitez is making a very big mistake playing gerrard on the right.... it unbalances the team because we are so much more stronger with him in the centre. benitez goes on about how gerrard was in the middle for the final goal and it made no difference but he fails to understand that the game was already lost and the players knew that. he is being stubborn now. i agree with french_og that he is cutting his nose to spite his face. liverpool played very well in the first half. not many teams will go to arsenal and have the larger share of play and pass the ball around like arsenal are known for. their fans were quiet until they scored. like wenger said. the first goal was crucial. arsenal are very clinical finishers which explains the 3-0. it certainly was no rout. but goals win games. something we can't buy away from home. i must say though. the first half was a very good advert for the premiership. excellent passing football from both teams and no in your face dirty antics. (chelsea watching and learning?)

Will
14-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I couldn't beleive Rafa played Zenden in the middle and Gerrard on the right! I wouldn't say Arsenal are especially clinical though, as some of the misses against CSKA Moscow would attest, more incisive football than incisive finishing...

french_og
14-11-2006, 08:14 AM
The thing is everyone who talks about football (except Steve Mclaren) thinks Gerrard should be in the middle. Robbie Savage on Soccer Am was asked saturday who was the hardest player he has ever played against and his answer was 'Gerrard, when he is played in the middle'.

Benitez talks about the 23 goals that Gerrard scoresd last season but what he forgets is he started 25 games in the middle and in the other games he was moved to the middle when either Sissoko or Alonso had be substituted and i think a stat on Skysports showed about 17 of his goals actually came from him playing in the middle.

I am not sure Crouch and Kuyt is a perfect partnership, neither play of the last man to stretch the play, it reminds me of Crouch and Rooney for England. I know Bellamy has not been in form either but at least he would stretch the play so that would give more room for Liverpools midfield to play into,

nick_anarchy
14-11-2006, 01:46 PM
zenden in the middle ?? wtf haha has he gone mad ! ... every one else knows gerrard shoul dbe there bar rafa so why dont he put him there ?? questions need to be asked by the board i think ....

also will arsenal are clinical they just have had a few off games this season

278d7e64a374de26f==