PDA

View Full Version : Speedy J live

DJPAUZE
16-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Just saw Speedy J play live this past weekend in Toronto. Oh my lord what a performance. The guy didnt make a mistake. Started off really ambient, went into a breakbeat kind of trip hop thingy, then played two hours of banging techno.
Would love to get some new records by him but apparently he is doing some new ambient weird stuff and not concentrating on techno....
Oh yeah by the way he played off of two SU-700's, an Allen and Heath mixer, outboard effects from abelton and a Power Mac G4 laptop. Very nice setup indeed!!!!

Anyone else seen him????

Pauze :twisted:

karlo
16-10-2003, 10:40 PM
yea i listened him in Colosseum. Great performer! thumbs up for him!

Sunil
16-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Would love to get some new records by him but apparently he is doing some new ambient weird stuff and not concentrating on techno....

Pauze :twisted:

this is a good thing, his techno has gone stale recently, will be good to see him make other stuff as he's also wicked all round producer

krakp0t
17-10-2003, 05:30 AM
his set in nyc was a phat.

venue sucked ball tho.

Esox Lucius
17-10-2003, 09:29 AM
he is excellent live.

Bughead
17-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Yeah I saw him a few years ago in Dublin and he banged the sh*t out of the place, started off with hard techno and finished with gabber. It was a frenzy at the end...

would love to see him again but not if he's chilling it out though...

Steve107
17-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Yeah.. Speedy Roxx :lol:
Remember the old days when I went crazy over his pullover track :shock: Ghe...

Steve :roll:

Buttman
17-10-2003, 11:55 AM
"A Shocking Hobby" *orgasm*
F-ucking genius! :shock:

T
17-10-2003, 03:54 PM
heard speedy j live a few years ago now. was ace then, not soo hard though. I really liked his album's ginger & G spot...quality stuff.
Like some of his recent techno such as bugmod & krec, hard as nails but sounds like good production to me. All in all a great producer imo.

Tiptoe
18-10-2003, 05:40 PM
electronic deluxe one of the best techno tunes ever made

Getic
18-10-2003, 06:52 PM
I also heard him in Colosseum. For me one of the best live act! Also was interesting how he change sound in club. High quality 100%

anx
18-10-2003, 11:32 PM
electric deluxe IS the best techno tune ever made.

ok well i havnt heard them all so i could be wrong.

but it is my favorite record ever

anx
18-10-2003, 11:32 PM
and his point blank remixes are stellar.

did i just say stellar? shit....that is almost as lame sounding as "spot on"

heh

The Overfiend
19-10-2003, 04:50 PM

Yeah but bugmod is so well produced. c'mon.

Sunil
19-10-2003, 05:39 PM

Yeah but bugmod is so well produced. c'mon.

Electric deluxe is a better tune, Bugmod is intense but doesn't have the same level of intensity as "Electric Deluxe".

Sunil
19-10-2003, 05:41 PM
and his point blank remixes are stellar.

His Point Blank mix is like a hard techno symphony, remember the goosebumps I got all over when I heard it first, outstanding track. The original by Gaiden was a cracker too.

anx
19-10-2003, 09:47 PM
i still get goosebumps every time i listen to it! and i've heard it over and over and over again.

i only play that record out if the gig is right...kinda dubbed it my secret weapon track...

Dustin Zahn
20-10-2003, 04:29 AM
A Shocking Hobby was amazing. Although Loudboxer was kinda cool, I was pretty much let down cause for an album...I really expected something more than just an hour of straight banging schranz...I'm sure any new album he does thats ambient or "hip hopish" like A Shocking Hobby will be nothing short of amazing.

Though...fans of his techno sound should note he has a new one coming out with Adam Beyer. I think I heard it once and wasn't extremely impressed though. I could be wrong.

278d7e64a374de26f==