PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "Junkies (4 the Hard Stuff)

BRADLEE
13-11-2006, 05:59 PM
The new one guys....Some really deep, driving dark, groovey stuff. I hope that all enjoy it.

http://iluvtekno.com/junkies_4_the_hard_stuff.jpg

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_Junkies4thehardstuff.mp3

Honeey
13-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Awesome! I really like this one Brad :)

Barely Human
13-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok man, i'll type as i listen so you get an honest first hand reaction.

Cranking the mons up, ok here we go.

Ok, this sounds nice. Love that little filtered synth thing. Kick sounds pretty tight, liking the percussion. That atmophere synth sounds the shit man. I think the hats could do with brightening up a little bit. Got to the break, sounds sweet! Something sounds too wide and is clashing with the width of the synth, some of the percussion i think. **** man, this shit is hot. Love that edit work in the break. Are you trying to take my job away from me??? I think the kick might need a little bit of eq on the bottom end. I think this is missing something, but i think thats just personal prefference. I think some mayhem after the break would really set this track apart and make it more of a song experiance rather than a full on headmash. Either way tho, its all good.

**** man, your shit is really coming into its own now. I bow down.

Ive got a gig coming up soon, any chance i can play this mate??

We should try and get some shit done together, your deffinately on my wavelength...

Final word, awesome.

Barely Human
13-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Lmao, just read that back and realised how random it sounds. Hahahaa...

BRADLEE
13-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok man, i'll type as i listen so you get an honest first hand reaction.

Cranking the mons up, ok here we go.

Ok, this sounds nice. Love that little filtered synth thing. Kick sounds pretty tight, liking the percussion. That atmophere synth sounds the shit man. I think the hats could do with brightening up a little bit. Got to the break, sounds sweet! Something sounds too wide and is clashing with the width of the synth, some of the percussion i think. **** man, this shit is hot. Love that edit work in the break. Are you trying to take my job away from me??? I think the kick might need a little bit of eq on the bottom end. I think this is missing something, but i think thats just personal prefference. I think some mayhem after the break would really set this track apart and make it more of a song experiance rather than a full on headmash. Either way tho, its all good.

**** man, your shit is really coming into its own now. I bow down.

Ive got a gig coming up soon, any chance i can play this mate??

We should try and get some shit done together, your deffinately on my wavelength...

Final word, awesome.

Thanks Q!!! That's huge homie for you to tell me it's so good man. Mad respect for any feedback you leave me because you make some of the illest stuff around.

Think I know which sound is causing that issue too with my hats. Think it's this vox snip I'm using like a stab noise. Have that running thru a gated filter which I think pushes the highs into the same place as my hats. I'll see if I can get that sorted a bit more tonight.

On the direction of the track, yeah I hear you with that as well homie. I had this other bit of synth in there too for a bit more madness. However to me it just made it way too busy because of all the atmos and such going on. SO I didn't want the track to be too confusing.

As for playing the tune out, of course my friend. Quentin, you're always welcome to play my tunes any time you want mate.

Again homie, mad respect back for leaving me such great feedback. If you want to work with me about maybe doing something too....I'm down for sure. Shoot, I'm honored that you even would want to work with me.

force
13-11-2006, 11:05 PM
This is quality mate, dont know what you're eatin for breakfast these days but you're knocking out class tune after class tune!

Dude, you must have enough for an album now!!!

i'd buy it

BRADLEE
14-11-2006, 12:16 AM
This is quality mate, dont know what you're eatin for breakfast these days but you're knocking out class tune after class tune!

Dude, you must have enough for an album now!!!

i'd buy it

Thanks homie. :mrmyagi:

Much appreciated. Yeah I reckon I have enough materials now...I just need to do something with them. Have a couple of things coming down the pipes...but who knows what will happen. If the business wasn't so rough and I had the money I'd start my own little label.

That was in the plans man, but life throws alot of curve balls sometimes.

jk_scowling
14-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeh, this is good. Your production is high quality.

BRADLEE
14-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeh, this is good. Your production is high quality.

Grassy ass, Bonus Nachos and Muchos Grab ass.

Sorry my spanish is a little bit rusty....:laughing:

Siege
14-11-2006, 07:33 PM
F****n quality tune mate! Best one ive heard of yours personally brad. Good production..nice edits..like the arrangment,lovin the vibe. Not to keen on the dark pad,string pattern that plays early on and through out. I think it would sound better just using that on the drop but just my preferance. Other than that,ace stuff

BRADLEE
14-11-2006, 08:55 PM
F****n quality tune mate! Best one ive heard of yours personally brad. Good production..nice edits..like the arrangment,lovin the vibe. Not to keen on the dark pad,string pattern that plays early on and through out. I think it would sound better just using that on the drop but just my preferance. Other than that,ace stuff

Thanks bro. I was sort of thinking similar about the initial atmosphere I put in there, but without it...it just wouldn't be one of my tunes. I'm sure I over use the atmos at times even, but it's sort of my little trademark to the sound. That and a sharp sound so I'm told...but that's probably just cause I'm half def...:laughing:

Anyways mate, really glad you like the track overall. I hope I can keep on bringing it with class and style for the new breed.

audioinjection
15-11-2006, 03:34 AM
brad at it again, good stuff man!

why the hell is this shit just sittin in your pc, get it out g!

Grenoybel
15-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Quality track, Dark break techno lol, full of atmospheres, would love to see the reaction of a dancefloor to this!

Keep em coming

BRADLEE
15-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Quality track, Dark break techno lol, full of atmospheres, would love to see the reaction of a dancefloor to this!
Keep em coming

Hey thanks homie. Really glad you like it too mate. Much appreciate the comments. And if you're asking to play it homie, be my guest. I won't play another show until Mary X-mas. So I can't peep it really loud until then.

@ David....Man homie...I know...believe me I know I just need to send out some cd's. This track I have a good mind of who to send it too already. I just want to make sure that I send them the proper idea for an ep.

But yes, I agree 100% I just need to get off my broke ass and send the fecking demos out. Cause what have I got to lose right?

dan the acid man
16-11-2006, 01:48 PM
great percussion work as ever from you, you're hitting new heights with your work now.

nice edits in the break like iq said, all this needs is a little tidying up and it's a great hard dark techno track

robin m
16-11-2006, 07:03 PM
This is another stonker Brad... I'd play this no question, pure evil as usual and it'd destroy a dancefloor.

Flowing percussion - check, effortlessly twisted edits - check, stomping kicks - check, more evil than Ed Gein - check, polished production - check... Brad Lee, ladies & gentlemen :cool:

BRADLEE
16-11-2006, 10:09 PM
This is another stonker Brad... I'd play this no question, pure evil as usual and it'd destroy a dancefloor.

Flowing percussion - check, effortlessly twisted edits - check, stomping kicks - check, more evil than Ed Gein - check, polished production - check... Brad Lee, ladies & gentlemen :cool:

Whoa, damn thanks Rob. Really good that you enjoyed it so much too homie. Thanks for the compliment as well my friend. I sure hope soon these tunes will be destroying the floors all over this planet. If I'm lucky and work hard enough, then anything is possible right?

@ Dan Thanks bro. Yes I do need to EQ that one bit I think..then I think the mix will be all that much cleaner. Really glad you like the track too amigo. Well appreciate you leaving me your feedback for sure.

judas_beast
17-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Thats hot!

stjohn
17-11-2006, 05:48 PM
**** yea, what a beat. thats rocking stuff man.

nosebleed:colere:

BRADLEE
17-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Right on...Thanks Judas and Rory. I'll sort the one freq this weekend...then the hats should be a little clearer as well. Really happy everyone seems to be enjoying this one.

ERROR404
21-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Usual quality stuff Brad :)

Liking the broken rhythms you've been using, much more dynamism than a straight 4/4 - i like. The overall feel is pretty edgy, love the break and ensuing madness, although i kinda wanted the rest of the tune to take a dark minimal turn after the break rather than leaping back into the fierceness, but hey, what can i say its a wicked track, i'd play it :)

Mindful
22-11-2006, 05:33 PM
good stuff as usual Brad, the percussion is what sticks out most for me in this geezer, production wise it sounds like you (take that how you wish :))

good shit for sho!!!

BRADLEE
22-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Glad you guys seem to like it. Now I just need to figure out which label will want it...

Anyone got any ideas for this one?

SWANNER
02-12-2006, 11:04 PM
quality track this mate.
build up and edits leading to THAT DROP,are spot on....

greasyfastspeed
04-12-2006, 09:35 AM
quality mate. dark, intense stuff :)

278d7e64a374de26f==