PDA

View Full Version : I am in love with my RM1x

acidsaturation
18-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Seriously I'm getting so into hardware sequencer programming again!

It's really liberating to have to tweak every last bit out of a few synths rather than endless VSts and even the scrolling through endless menus isn't too bad!

Have finally got the RM1x contorlling everything porperly!!

Urn that's all...

(stoned geek alert)

loopdon
18-11-2006, 05:19 PM
i feel you man.. even though i only have a drummachine (xbase) as hardware and an electrix filterfactory i felt freedom when i once just had a play with one softsynth and the jomox synced together ruffly.

the limited possibilities were a good thing!!

have been off producing for about 2 months now due to various reasons but i will get a few more selected pieces of hardware in the hopefully not to distant future.

go on and enoy yourself :)

judas_beast
19-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeh I got a RM1X. Was going to sell it. But it is fun to get all hardware sequncer on it.

audioinjection
28-11-2006, 07:49 PM
i used to have the rm1x like 5 years ago, but i sold it.....it was a great machine and sequencing was great, but i wanted to get more into software hehe

Aratron
28-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Seriously I'm getting so into hardware sequencer programming again!

It's really liberating to have to tweak every last bit out of a few synths rather than endless VSts and even the scrolling through endless menus isn't too bad!

Have finally got the RM1x contorlling everything porperly!!

Urn that's all...

(stoned geek alert)

ive got one of these is it a Yamaha?

judas_beast
28-11-2006, 11:13 PM
ive got one of these is it a Yamaha?

Yeh, there blue with a disk drive on the front. 16 track sequencer block, safe.

audioinjection
29-11-2006, 12:49 AM
hehehe......

Aratron
29-11-2006, 11:16 AM
some one gave me one, i dont even know how to switch it on tbh. goes over my head.

i gave it to my mate to borrow. he writes shit NRG tunes on it

acidsaturation
01-12-2006, 12:56 PM
some one gave me one, i dont even know how to switch it on tbh. goes over my head.

i gave it to my mate to borrow. he writes shit NRG tunes on it

You press the little black button on the back. :briggin:

It's quite heavy going to learn, took me a year before I was confident enough to switch to using it for my main live sequencer, but it's a ****ing powerful machine once you get the hang of it...

jibberish666
01-12-2006, 10:59 PM
I've still got an old Rm1x - just about the only (pseudo)synth I ever bought. I keep meaning to sell it - but haven't yet. Is it really worth getting to grips with? Back in the day (before Reason and then Cubase) I spent months trawling the web to find a decent tutorial. The manual that came with the thing might as well have a slide rule and a log book thrown in....massively unfriendly.

force
02-12-2006, 01:28 PM
I've still got an old Rm1x - just about the only (pseudo)synth I ever bought. I keep meaning to sell it - but haven't yet. Is it really worth getting to grips with? Back in the day (before Reason and then Cubase) I spent months trawling the web to find a decent tutorial. The manual that came with the thing might as well have a slide rule and a log book thrown in....massively unfriendly.

Thats sodding Yamaha for you!

judas_beast
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Just play with it innit.

Komplex
03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I dunno guys, if you don't know how to use an rm1x after a week of playing with it, you don't deserve to be writing music. its that easy.

acidsaturation
05-12-2006, 01:23 PM
I dunno guys, if you don't know how to use an rm1x after a week of playing with it, you don't deserve to be writing music. its that easy.

It depends what your used to - the way of setting up patterns was quite different from what I have been used to (i.e the simple sequencer on an MC303). The basics are quite simple in some ways, but if you wanna get further into it it takes a bit of learning, down to funny little things like it stuttering when you have voice set up and a seperate program change both being sent via midi. And the fact that like anything hardware there's layers of menus.

Obviously if you want to write a finished piece and have the power of cubase et al then it's gonna be hard. But if you want to play live hardware, without a laptop, I reckon it's the bollox for the price
or if you have one about.

It's the satisfaction of going back to having to get quite intricate to get what you want that I'm enjoying...

Maybe it's just masochism...

278d7e64a374de26f==