PDA

View Full Version : Dave Clarke On Saturday !!!!!!

Mucky Beats
20-11-2006, 11:12 AM
WHAT the hell was dave clarke doing on saturday night at the werehouse project ?
I spent the whole night waiting for him to come on and blow the roof off.. i spent all night speaking to people excited to hear him play again.... then he got onthe decks and was realy crap ....there where bits that teased us into... he's gunna sort it out and bang it out then whent back to realy boring electroish techno and his mixing was that of a man that couldnt be bothered (really bad) !
I ve seen him play 3 times in the last 5 years and the last two times he has let me down!!! and before that i saw him maybe 5 times in 3 years and he was in a class of his own and was deffo the best dj in techno for me....
the guy is a legend , and have i just seen him on bad days? please if anyone has any good TECHNO sets of clarke please post them !!!!!

stjohn
20-11-2006, 04:30 PM
same as Sonar... pity too coz he was the only lad with the potential to bang it.

theledge
20-11-2006, 04:49 PM
I nearly travelled up from brighton for this

Quite glad i didn't bother now

prozac
20-11-2006, 05:16 PM
money makes people lazy....

Frank Dogshit
20-11-2006, 05:38 PM
dave clarke went average about 5 years ago.

Boboagogo
20-11-2006, 07:03 PM
tbh i thought he was good enough. fairly hard techno, dropped in a cpl of ghetto and electro tracks but from where i was standing it was pretty heavy throughout. and the 'realy boring electroish techno ' u heard wasnt played to my ears and i was stonecold sobre all night. i heard him playin that kinda stuff on his ilt set and it is pish and it would ruin the set for me. ive seen him about 15 times and ive left the club let down more times than happy but i thought he nailed it on saturday.

Francisco Scaramanga
20-11-2006, 07:47 PM
I thought he was supposed to be playing two sets, techno in main room and electro in the back room or something like that. I do enjoy his electro sets, although I've only heard him do electro sets live a few times, but the electroboogie mix cd, and world service 1 & 2 electro mixes are class I reckon.

Still, if I was out, and he was only playing one set, I'd want the ****ing bangin. I've heard him play so many times, no way I could count them, as back in the day when the jam was on all the time he was pretty much a resident and I never missed it, and in all those sets, he almost never failed to dissapoint, but I get the feeling that maybe he is getting a bit patchier cause I've heard him a few times in the last couple years where he was good, but not awesome. But I still reckon he's from planet bangin...

Mucky Beats
21-11-2006, 12:50 PM
good to see im not alone in thinking his standerds seem to have dropped... but also good to see some people enjoyed his set (so he must of been doing something right?) I do now after having time to wind down, I see the fact he was playing in cubuku who maybe booked him for electro and he just tryed to slip in the techno hear and there...tho i did hear should of done 2 sets???
but still i felt his mixing was lame by his standerd... and i think the main thing is that he aint the dj he was 5 years ago... and the main thing is he is only human and these things happen! but still i hope you can understand why i had to post because the guy was one of the main people that got me into techno and i felt on saturday like i was watching a man past his best and thats a shame and i only hope he has still got a few banging techno sets left in him, i will only go see him now if its at a proper techno event where he has to bang out the clarke style sick stuff!

G-BO
21-11-2006, 03:41 PM
seen him in shine at the end of september and it was some of the most serious techno ive heatd from any dj

cudnt really put my finger on what sstyle of producers he was playing, just loadsa acid, ghetto, dark brummy techno....was unreal

but i have been let down by some sets

but im prob dave clarkes biggets fan and his biggest critic at times, its always a good night when he plays, when your in the form for it, always gauranteed a bit of dirt

dan the acid man
21-11-2006, 04:48 PM
what was green velvet like ?

Boboagogo
21-11-2006, 06:57 PM
GV was sweet untill he played a remix of the gorilaz near the end. also played nathan fake the sky was pink, like th etune but not in that kind of techno set.. too random..

278d7e64a374de26f==