PDA

View Full Version : pressing plant

Athar
21-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Just im looking around for good pressing plant, should be in europe, not that much expensive and cuting vinyls from good quallity materials.
Heard a lot about cheep pressing plants from czech republic but im not sure about these quallity.

What you can recommended me then ?

I'll be very greatfull for any your help.

ath

Clit Commander
21-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Are you talking about those czech pressing plants run by nazi's? I heard the reason they're so cheap is because they're nazi and nobody wants to deal with them. I don't know anything more than that rumor about the subject though. Oh, and the fact that the pressings seem to be mediocre at best.

My suggestion is just go for it all the way. If you're going to put the time and effort into pressing a record, do it right...don't mess around and try to make it sound as professional as possible.

eyeswithoutaface
21-11-2006, 08:02 PM
yep, that's half of techno's problem on the whole. Compromise.

Go the whole deal, go to someone who knows their onions and is worth whatever inflated fee you may deem they charge

rowland the bastard
21-11-2006, 09:35 PM
checkout my site on the links page mate curved ltd, or failing that i have pressing deals on my online store, they are a competetive price considering you get a 10 t.p.'s plus cut mastered by lawrie for the one price.

the plant used for the pressings is record industries located in holland, probably the bigest plant at the moment.

the cut and master will be done by lawrie.

if your interested ,et me know, email me rather than pm'ing me here i dont get notification for some reason so dont use this forum much anymore

as for the nazi plants, i really have no clue what this means but hey are ok, you will find it is more in the cut of the acetate and mastering, and your over mastering in your studio that will make the release sound shit aposed to a pressing. :)

hope this helps mate.

The Overfiend
21-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Lol, Nazi's
Are they still a relevant problem in Europa?

Sunil
21-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Are you talking about those czech pressing plants run by nazi's? I heard the reason they're so cheap is because they're nazi and nobody wants to deal with them. I don't know anything more than that rumor about the subject though. Oh, and the fact that the pressings seem to be mediocre at best.

My suggestion is just go for it all the way. If you're going to put the time and effort into pressing a record, do it right...don't mess around and try to make it sound as professional as possible.

Agree with your 2nd paragraph, but the first is a bit ridiculous!
I know quite a few people who have dealt with them - some of the pressings weren't great and the others were fine, but it always came down to how well they were mastered in the first place. Never heard of them being Nazis or anything, but one guy I know said the lack of good English of a guy he dealt with there, hindered the dealing... that was about four years ago now though.

eyeswithoutaface
22-11-2006, 12:03 AM
ive got this strange image of loads of blokes in bovver boots now just sitting off all day cutting records and tightening their braces

techno nazis. whatever next! ;)

Clit Commander
22-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Agree with your 2nd paragraph, but the first is a bit ridiculous!
I know quite a few people who have dealt with them - some of the pressings weren't great and the others were fine, but it always came down to how well they were mastered in the first place. Never heard of them being Nazis or anything, but one guy I know said the lack of good English of a guy he dealt with there, hindered the dealing... that was about four years ago now though.

Hey, I left a disclaimer saying its just what I was told. It came from a fairly reputable producer who wasn't much of a bullshitter so I just went with it. I honestly never heard about the czech plants again in discussion aside from maybe one other time besides from this one.

Ritzi Lee
22-11-2006, 09:17 AM
curved is a nice one if you're UK based.
recordindustry is dutch based...
also take the export costs for vinyl in account.
make your own calculations.

rowland the bastard
22-11-2006, 09:33 AM
curved is a nice one if you're UK based.
recordindustry is dutch based...
also take the export costs for vinyl in account.
make your own calculations.

curved use record industries, all the shipping from holland to the uk is inc in he price on my deals in the store

rowland the bastard
22-11-2006, 09:34 AM
ive got this strange image of loads of blokes in bovver boots now just sitting off all day cutting records and tightening their braces

techno nazis. whatever next! ;)

LOL thats wicked i have that image to, its gonna keep me smiling all day

eyeswithoutaface
22-11-2006, 11:05 AM
haha yeah :)

i maybe blind Rowland but i couldnt see anything about the vinyl pressing on your site? i did however find the quote section on curved, is this what you meant? looks quite reasonable, going to check it out in detail tonight after work

Sunil
22-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey, I left a disclaimer saying its just what I was told. It came from a fairly reputable producer who wasn't much of a bullshitter so I just went with it. I honestly never heard about the czech plants again in discussion aside from maybe one other time besides from this one.

There's also that pressing plant in Poland where all the staff are rapists, as you can imagine they're a difficult lot to deal with. I don't know anything more than that rumour about the subject though.

Athar
22-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys for your help.

These comments answered for my most questions.

There's also that pressing plant in Poland where all the staff are rapists, as you can imagine they're a difficult lot to deal with. I don't know anything more than that rumour about the subject though.

Pressing plant from poland ?
No thanks :)

Martin Dust
22-11-2006, 07:35 PM

Not strictly true, but they have in the past pressed neo-nazi shite which is why some people won't deal with them. No idea if they are still pressing RAC shit but IMHO they are pretty rubbish in the first place.

rowland the bastard
23-11-2006, 09:42 AM
haha yeah :)

i maybe blind Rowland but i couldnt see anything about the vinyl pressing on your site? i did however find the quote section on curved, is this what you meant? looks quite reasonable, going to check it out in detail tonight after work

your not b lind mate, still working on postage so the store isnt live yet, will be v.soon sorry for the confusion www.gotbass.co.uk or store buton on www.rowlandthebastard.co.uk

hopfully live this week. RECORDS £4.25 EACH!!!!!

eyeswithoutaface
23-11-2006, 11:03 AM
ahh sound nice one, will keep my eyes peeled

278d7e64a374de26f==