PDA

View Full Version : how to remove "click clips" from samples and...

Chazbloke
19-10-2003, 12:28 PM
i've made some bass samples , but they have got a nasty click/clip at the end of em (wave form jumps from 0 to -30 in a straight line at the very end).. how do you get rid of it?
and then, what vst instrument would i use to play that sample, so can i program a midi track for it?
cheers,
Chaz.

Barely Human
19-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Open your samp in wavlab or another audio editor. Then select the click or pop and delete it. Save the samp and use a soft sampler such as halion or kontact to play the samp in your sequencer.

4play
19-10-2003, 04:06 PM
What are you using to make your bass?

I take it your exporting your files from one programme to another..

If your exporting just say one bar of a bassline ,or what ever your exporting, always set right locator a little bit over so you dont get the pop! Same if your using a reveb or delay on there as you probably have a little to much release and its going over your locator and thats what causes the pops!!

djTequila
31-10-2003, 12:27 AM
You can't just delete the click... You have to zoom in really close, select from the end to a few milliseconds in, and do a fade in/fade out (depending on which end of the sample the click appears).

:nono: READ THE POST PROPERLY BEFORE ANSWERING, GUYS :nono:

If you don't have a sample editor, get one. Cool Edit Pro is good for shareware (I think - it's been a while) otherwise go for Wavelab (Steinberg) or Soundforge (Sonic Foundry).

You can fudge the fix for now by plugging the sample into a sampler VST (Halion, etc.) and playing with the attack, sustain and release until you have a click-free sound. This will only work if all the MIDI notes are the same length, and a length that is shorter than the bass sample. This will cause problems if the sample is short and you play different notes.

If your sequencer is Logic, you have the EXS24 built in for sampler duty. It may have sample editing facilities for you, too...

T*

Barely Human
31-10-2003, 01:59 PM
You can't just delete the click... You have to zoom in really close, select from the end to a few milliseconds in, and do a fade in/fade out (depending on which end of the sample the click appears).

If you read the post propely you will notice that he says the click is right at the end of the sample. So he can just delete the click as long as he makes sure that he deletes the click to a part that touches the zero line(so he doesnt create anymore clicks)

Chazbloke
31-10-2003, 02:06 PM

....click as long as he makes sure that he deletes the click to a part that touches the zero line(so he doesnt create anymore clicks)
^^ which was exactly what was happening!
but, i found that if i draw a line from the top to 0, click gone!
i now have nice click free sample...
BUT
when i play the sample off a sampler as a beat, i still get clicks.. maybe i should reduce the sample lenght?
anyway, i made good progress with it all last weekend, so hopefully this weekend i can sort it.
cheers for the advice so far all, most helpful! :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==