PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Live PA - Poland 2006

dirty_bass
23-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Here is my Voidloss live pa from a gig in Lublin, Poland, from last month.
http://iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Silent%20inward%20descent.mp3

http://iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Silent%20inward%20descent%20Cover.jpg

I`ve changed the Voidloss sound somewhat. I`m working with almost 85% synthesis, so there is very little samples in the sound.
I also have got utterly bored of the cold ambience of dark techno recently, so I`ve tried to avoid this, I`ve also tried to make the beats more danceable, as, at the end of the day, I`ve noticed that it`s no good trying to educate people in a night club with over intellectual music, when they just wanna escape and dance for the most part, rather than be plunged into an endless pit of despair.

There`s about a 1 min gap at the beginning of the file, sorry for that.

prozac
23-11-2006, 01:16 PM
deadly. looking forward to this....
nice photograph too!

BloodStar
23-11-2006, 02:49 PM
adding this to the queue for d/l

Ladius
23-11-2006, 03:57 PM
thanks for the mix :)

eyeswithoutaface
23-11-2006, 08:09 PM
lets have some of this son

dan the acid man
23-11-2006, 08:25 PM
as good as ever:dance: :dj:

MangaFish
24-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Here is my Voidloss live pa from a gig in

I`ve changed the Voidloss sound somewhat. I`m working with almost 85% synthesis, so there is very little samples in the sound.
I also have got utterly bored of the cold ambience of dark techno recently, so I`ve tried to avoid this, I`ve also tried to make the beats more danceable, as, at the end of the day, I`ve noticed that it`s no good trying to educate people in a night club with over intellectual music, when they just wanna escape and dance for the most part, rather than be plunged into an endless pit of despair.

sounds interesting. will give it a listen

stjohn
25-11-2006, 03:55 PM
im especially liking this one DB... i nice new direction for your deeper stuff.

dirty_bass
26-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Thank you sir.
I`m enjoying where this is taking me, and I`m more enthusiastic about this stuff than I have been about other stuff for a while.
I`ve stopped listening to techno, which has helped my inspiration a hell of a lot.

Sunil
27-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Wicked stuff Steve, really enjoying this - very nice grooves and textures. Quite hypnotic and haunting in places, you've got a really good style going on here..

dirty_bass
27-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Cheers dude, sorry I missed you when you hit london the other week.

Sunil
27-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Cheers dude, sorry I missed you when you hit london the other week.

Yeah man, me too. I only found out when Chris L. came to take over, that you weren't playing on the night. Would have been good to have downed a few pints together, next time I guess!

Mindful
27-11-2006, 02:27 PM
nice one Steve you slag dl now

xfive
27-11-2006, 07:02 PM
This set is really nice man.
The grooves and synth work fit so well together, really moody and thoughtful.
Great to hear something stripped down yet totally mental at the same time.

I see that the disconnection from the net has yielded some proper solid output :)
Time to put some of these on S

and then soon... V&V live pa

Mindful
29-11-2006, 07:28 PM
I like
Very much stripped down compared to the last set you did.
some of the synths are nice and the drums are as tight as allways.
Theres a piano kind of track near the middle of the set that realy stood out for me.

dirty_bass
29-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Tracklist.

Intro
Suffer Machine
Walk through the cold
Painful Restraints
Chest open, legs crushed
Ritual Murder
Slipping into ice water
Bleeding in the gutter
Like a scratch inside
Sky Burn ****
Choking black smoke
Bipolar sunshine
Can't take this world sober
Travel to find pain
Guilt for this feeling
End of days
Eating sand (outro)

BRADLEE
29-11-2006, 10:45 PM
can't wait to check it out Steve...Downloading right now!!!!!

The Overfiend
30-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Tracklist.

Intro
Suffer Machine
Walk through the cold
Painful Restraints
Chest open, legs crushed
Ritual Murder
Slipping into ice water
Bleeding in the gutter
Like a scratch inside
Sky Burn ****
Choking black smoke
Bipolar sunshine
Can't take this world sober
Travel to find pain
Guilt for this feeling
End of days
Eating sand (outro)

You need a hug.

dirty_bass
30-11-2006, 01:03 AM
No, I need stronger medication.

BRADLEE
30-11-2006, 05:42 PM
No, I need stronger medication.

:laughing:

Well I like the meds you've been taking frankly. Cause the musik sounds well nice as is. No need to change the current state of mind if it's working out well as is. ha ha

Really nice PA Steve. Smooth all around my friend. I will be burning this one for in the car without a doubt.

Only now if I could hear this over a few thousand watts. Any interests in coming to the desert?

dirty_bass
30-11-2006, 06:52 PM
dude I would love to come out to the desert again.
I spent a lot of time in the deserts of utah and arizona years ago, and it`s my fave place on earth, the unpopulated bits, that is.
Shame there`s no gigs there.
Maybe burning man.

Aratron
14-12-2006, 11:01 PM
just listenign to this now - i dont know what to say - i ahvent been so carried away with music for a long time - very dark and atmospheric - like a theme tune to some amazing sci-fi film

Elvio Neto
15-12-2006, 01:43 AM
this is perfection in state of music , you use so many elements and perfect rithms

thanks you for this great set you are a master mind :)

it will be a great pleasure is you can add me to you msn: elviocn@hotmail

dirty_bass
15-12-2006, 02:18 AM
just listenign to this now - i dont know what to say - i ahvent been so carried away with music for a long time - very dark and atmospheric - like a theme tune to some amazing sci-fi film

this is perfection in state of music , you use so many elements and perfect rithms

thanks you for this great set you are a master mind :)

it will be a great pleasure is you can add me to you msn: elviocn@hotmail

Thank you both for your kind words, this music is the most comfortable I have been with a "sound" for a long time, and I hope to develop this further.

And elvio I have added you to my msn

bassbin
13-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Loving ur Voidloss guise Steve , keep it coming :)

graeme_909
14-01-2007, 07:10 PM
thanks . downloading now

holotropik
14-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Brilliant!!
Cheers for another fine piece of work Steve. I have a great collection of your stuff now and everytime I revisit a set I find something new.

You are def one of the best around imo.

mattboyslim
17-01-2007, 10:51 PM
this is beautiful. massive thumbs up

put this on the other night with my headphones on and lay on my bed, and drifted off nicely around 3/4 the way through. I dont mean to say it sent me to sleep, as i was knackered anyway, but the flow of the mix is really subtle, and was an ideal soundtrack for that point of my evening

theres a compliment in there somewhere i'm sure

robin m
18-01-2007, 10:27 AM
...this is utterly brilliant. The best PA of yours I've heard yet - dripping with atmosphere, loads of levels to it, really varied - honestly great stuff. Aratron got it spot on with the sci-fi film comment :cool:

Anyone moaning about techno not being as good as it used to be should listen to this, it might shut them up for a bit.

dirty_bass
19-01-2007, 08:44 PM
...this is utterly brilliant. The best PA of yours I've heard yet - dripping with atmosphere, loads of levels to it, really varied - honestly great stuff. Aratron got it spot on with the sci-fi film comment :cool:

Anyone moaning about techno not being as good as it used to be should listen to this, it might shut them up for a bit.

thank you very kindly, to the last few replies as well in this thread, it`s nice to see these comments, as I kinda fly under the radar with the Voidloss stuff a lot of the time. I probably need to join up with a clique right?

hehe

Tyrisia
20-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Voidloss wasn't really my thing at all, until I heard this. The move towards synthesis has really reaped it's own rewards, this stuff is fresh, well thought out and the beauty in the void is plain for all to see now. Total thumbs up man, will be paying more attention to this project in future.

MARK ANXIOUS
21-01-2007, 07:37 AM
you know what. i really, really liked this. i'm only listening off my laptop right now, but that's where i can truly tell about style and this is a style of it's own.

very impressed, please keep this up steve :)

278d7e64a374de26f==