PDA

View Full Version : Roland 808 / 909 VST

kebabman
24-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Looks interesting:

http://boomtchik.com/

BloodStar
24-11-2006, 02:25 PM
interesting. looking forward to Drumazone and both Audiorealism plugs.

anyone knows more one some 808/909 sw clones. not sampler or romplayers, but synths.?

Jay Pace
24-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I'd just load all the samplers into redrum.

Nothing beats the analog originals, and all their depth and character.

Just in case you might not have these - 24bit roland kits.

www.logarhythms.co.uk/roland.rar (http://www.logarhythms.co.uk/roland.rar)

BloodStar
24-11-2006, 03:59 PM
thx Jay, I will download it for sure, but I dont think they will be different than the ones I already have., but thanks for it.

I have a vst synth which should be some kind of 909 clone,. only synthesis,no samples. but it doesn't work, main UI on plugin is messed, so you don't see anything on it.bah.

Jay Pace
24-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah...909 & 808 samples aren't exactly rare. Although these are 24bit which is a bonus :briggin:

I use drumatic for sculpting kits. Its free and suprisingly good. You can make nearly all the 808 & 909 sounds using it, and the quality is good

http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/drumatic3.php

BloodStar
24-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Yep. Drumatic is good plug, same as all others from e-phonic. I almost forgot on this one even I have it installed...

The one I was talking about is called Tr-909 by LTM. it was done by some german programmer, but i cannot find anything about it on google and anywhere. i will paste a screenshot of it when i get back home,. maybe someone have it.

tekara
01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
the Drumazon GUI looks very attractive, but i have yet to demo or try any of the d16 group products, so i cant offer any opinions.

Having said that, I probably will grab the Drumazon (god they should really change the name) and test it out and see if there are any goodies in the box. I wasnt totally amazed with their audio demo, but then again i was listening to it through my ipod earphones.

I may never replace my 909, but i will definately use it as a complimentary plugin. The 909 is a bit of a hassle to sync with cubase, so if the drumazon is even remotely similar to the original then replacement of the 909 is an option. I like the fact that its possible to route each individual outs to seperate channels in the host sequencer for effects. I also like the Redrum style step sequencing (copied off original 909) and how things are very simple and nicely laid out.
Release date is December 15th. I'll post another revioew when i try it out.

loopdon
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Yep. Drumatic is good plug, same as all others from e-phonic. I almost forgot on this one even I have it installed...

The one I was talking about is called Tr-909 by LTM. it was done by some german programmer, but i cannot find anything about it on google and anywhere. i will paste a screenshot of it when i get back home,. maybe someone have it.

it's ltmlab... the programmer is urs heckler (u-he)

it was only distributed on magazines. there is a linndrum and an 808 version etc. as well. i will pm you soonish

BloodStar
01-12-2006, 02:59 PM
it's ltmlab... the programmer is urs heckler (u-he)

it was only distributed on magazines. there is a linndrum and an 808 version etc. as well. i will pm you soonish

nice one, mate... I checked home and I can't find any img of it. Maybe it is sample player and not drum synth,. i am kinda confused now..

audioinjection
01-12-2006, 04:04 PM
the drumazon looks awesome, cant wait to try it out!

MARK ANXIOUS
03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
good god if these guys nail this like they nailed the 303, it wil be amazing....

i can't wait...

Electrictribe
04-12-2006, 08:57 AM
the new audiorealism 808 emulation drum machine in the new year should be pretty good aswell.

Beta testing their abl2 at the moment aswell and sounding even better than the original version. Getting much closer to sounding lik emy tb than ever before. More realistic than the phoscyon.

audioinjection
06-12-2006, 05:06 PM
from the audio samples on the site, that 909 emulation doesn't sound bad at all! can't wait to demo this myself.

420gang
14-12-2006, 01:12 PM
very good kit....

24 bit-wav samlpes ...

cheers

mattboyslim
17-12-2006, 09:10 PM
whats goin on with the drumazon then? the site has not been updated though it was set for release on friday. anyone actually got it yet?

audioinjection
18-12-2006, 02:50 PM
whats goin on with the drumazon then? the site has not been updated though it was set for release on friday. anyone actually got it yet?

yeah i went on there too and it said that they had technical trouble and it will be released today.......

BloodStar
18-12-2006, 03:55 PM
yeah i went on there too and it said that they had technical trouble and it will be released today.......
Which probably means next week :]

audioinjection
18-12-2006, 04:23 PM
yeah, which sucks cause i really want to try it out

mattboyslim
19-12-2006, 12:59 AM
yeah, which sucks cause i really want to try it out

the pc demo is up on their downloads page. But i'm a mac kid so thats no good

it says release put back to monday. well monday just happened and still no sign. balls...i want i want i want

audioinjection
19-12-2006, 01:51 AM
ooooohhhh, just tried the demo, very awesome! the sound is damn near the real thing, this thing is great!

mattboyslim
20-12-2006, 07:23 PM
i tried the mac demo

really buggy. causing ableton to quit and crash loads

i guess thats sort of expected from a demo but i'm not willing to part with my cash for the full version if they cant guarentee some stability

that said i am running it through an AU wrapper so might have to try it as a vst

audioinjection
20-12-2006, 07:27 PM
i opened it up in PC (fruity loops), no problems at all, only the demo version is limited.

mattboyslim
20-12-2006, 09:15 PM
its weird. sometimes it jsut works others i get no sound at all

if i select trigger from midi i should get sound really, but its not playin ball. not every time anyway

i dont get it

trainspotter
21-12-2006, 12:40 AM
i second drumazon the demo installed smooth and without any problems..
layout is simple and clean as expected and the sound's super nice..

now if audiorealism could release their demo.. :cheese:

mattboyslim
22-12-2006, 11:02 PM
still causing ableton to quit, even as a vst without running it through the wrapper

well annoying cos it sound sweet

278d7e64a374de26f==