PDA

View Full Version : sets - old or new tracks

rhythmtech
24-11-2006, 02:57 PM
recently i've started ignoring release dates and crafting sets from my fave tunes through the years.. not saying theres nothing good out at the moment (cause theres some blinding new releases about) just that the whole tone of the set can change with some older tunes thrown in..

dont get me wrong.. i love hearing sets with up to the minute fresh trax BUT for my own playing pleasure im gone about 60% new & 40% older trax..

anyone any opinions?

acidguru
24-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I don´t care about release dates,if i like a tune,i like it,no matter if it´s 10 days or 10 years old,cheers

dan the acid man
24-11-2006, 03:22 PM
same here, i just play tunes that i like and what i think will go together well.

sometimes i play sets with just new tunes, sometimes sets with the odd old one thrown in, soemtimes more old ones, there's no set formula really

Roxy Trip
24-11-2006, 06:09 PM
i reckon 80% of new tunes that have been about recently are shite. a good tune is timeless...inless of course its been hammered or its a novelty tune i guess lol

basslinejunkie
24-11-2006, 06:20 PM
90 per cent of new music realesed is shocking.when i buy,its always old.

robin m
24-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Same here... doesn't matter one bit when it was released if it's good. When I play it's usually older stuff just cos I can find good tunes cheaper :)

I can only afford to treat myself to new tunes once every couple of months so I make sure I'm gonna play them when I do... spend a long time picking them :mmm:

robin m
24-11-2006, 06:22 PM

It's worth hunting for that 10% though, surely?

stjohn
24-11-2006, 06:28 PM

same here.... its not like its a conscious thing... i just so happens that when i get them and look at the small writing around the edge, its never brand new, except for the odd one

Stella Boy
24-11-2006, 09:40 PM
it's nice to root thru some of your old stuff and find a track that you'd completely forotten about or even missed, trax that you didn't like before just sound much fresher, it's just like buying a new tune and there's nowt like dropping missed gems into a mix.

There's just as much good stuff being released these days, you just need to trawl thru more fodder thats all; unless your record dealer knows what you like and then it saves you alot of time and punishment :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==