PDA

View Full Version : Elektron MachineDrum Vs Jomox Xbase999

stjohn
24-11-2006, 08:45 PM
right so...i was just about to order the machinedrum, untill a few people told me they didnt liek the sound too much... i was laways under the impression that these things wiped the floor with most other modules.

now im being told the the sound is 'one-dimensional, brittle, digital, cold'. i would like to know what other people think about these 2?

i dont want to be stuck with a md, with loads of sounds potential, just not 100% happy with the overall sound, or with an xbase999 and be stuck with nice sounds, just not much variation in them

anyone care to shed some light?

much appreciated
r

xfive
24-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Don't listen to em. That just means they haven't played with it enough.
I could say the same when I first started with it almost 5 years ago, but now I can get some seriously wicked shit out of it.
You get out what you put in, and you really need to dedicate time.

Let me know if you want me to show you some explicit examples.

I would never sell my machinedrum :)

stjohn
24-11-2006, 08:55 PM
good man x... i was going to pm you... im listening to your 'big girls do cry' as we speak... i like the pwer there :)

i would love some more examples if possible, on on MSN at all?

xfive
24-11-2006, 08:58 PM
haha yeah that one is 100% MD

oh yeah check your pm's

FILTERZ
27-11-2006, 10:26 AM
machine drum for me

I sold my 909 but i would never sell this baby

tekara
28-11-2006, 05:59 AM
the MD is definately not a drum machine for the beginners. Many of the complaints i have seen by users is that it is hard to use and the interface is not so friendly. Having said that, Ive played with one myself and i think there are alot of sounds from the MD that you simply cannot mimick on a Jomox (I have one of those as well).

Since theyre both pretty expensive machines to begin with, i would rather much go for the MD, take the time to learn the interface inside and out, and put some real effort in exploring the machine. The MD is not a "plug and play" and away you go type of instrument. There are certain cases when you may ACTUALLY (and god forbid!) have to read the manual. This is where alot of the beginners start whining......basically when they actually have to put some effort into learning it.

Im for the MD!

vinvanman
22-12-2006, 04:51 PM
right so...i was just about to order the machinedrum, untill a few people told me they didnt liek the sound too much... i was laways under the impression that these things wiped the floor with most other modules.

now im being told the the sound is 'one-dimensional, brittle, digital, cold'. i would like to know what other people think about these 2?

i dont want to be stuck with a md, with loads of sounds potential, just not 100% happy with the overall sound, or with an xbase999 and be stuck with nice sounds, just not much variation in them

anyone care to shed some light?

much appreciated
r

So did you take the plunge? if so what you get, how is it for you?

278d7e64a374de26f==