25-11-2006, 10:16 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/electric-city/nov30deetronitalic.jpg

Electric City
27-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Thursday November 30th @ Wax

Deetron [Music Man - Bern]
Dan Power [Electric City]

Admission - e10 / e8 with flyer / members

This Thursday sees the return to EC of one of the world's best DJs, Deetron as part of his 'Twisted World Tour' for the launch of his debut album on Music Man. Tracks from the album are being Ken Kaned by the likes of Garnier, Ame, Clarke, DJ T, Christian Smith, Ben Sims and many more (see comments below). Anyone who has caught either of his past two appearances in Metropolitan or Traffic will know exactly what we mean. When DJing, Deetron is effortlessly combing tracks from Theo Parrish, Carl Craig, Agoria, Monolake, Kevin Saunderson, Moodymann, Oliver Ho on 3 decks - his mixing and track selection is unbelievable. For this party, we will have 3 turntables and 2 CDJs for the Swiss wunder-kind to keep busy with. Deetron blends, chops mixes and crushes his way through tracks from Detroit, Chicago and Berlin like no other. As with many of the more dynamic turntablist-styled techno and house DJs, Deetron took his early cues from hip-hop, before being won-over by the early sounds of Chicago and Detroit. This party will follow hot on the heels of his appearance in the 'Kings of Techno' room alongside Carl Craig & Laurent Garnier at I Love Techno and this debut album is set to move. We can't wait to have Deetron back to Electric City - absoutely one of the best DJs in the world. Support comes from EC resident Dan Dan deeper than Dan Power.

More info:

www.deetron.com

Reactions on "Twisted" and "The Afterlife":

Dave Clarke: charted 'life soundtrack'

Laurent Garnier: this is an absolutely stunning album ,i've been hammering 3 or 4 tracks of it every night i play.Full support from me.

Pauli Steinbach (Cocoon Rec.): This album is fantastic!! "The Afterlife" will be on Sven Väth's new mix-cd!

Funk D'Void: ****ing amazing. We're from the same school of music, he's always been top of the class!! LOVE THE WHOLE LP

Ame: Twisted is really a cool album... But "I cling" is KILLER! Played it a lot!

DJ T (Get Physical): (The Afterlife EP) great tracks, I play both of them!!

Christian Smith: great album! afterlife is massive for me. play it every set! twisted memories is also a phat! nice musical techno album to listen to.

Joel Mull:10 out of 10!! my fav tracks are Life Soundtrack feat. Dj Bone, Mr Smooth, Isotope, The Afterlife feat. Paris The Black Fu, Chord Me. Since i popped it in the cd last week it stayed there. Been listening to it for a week time now!!! This album gives me alot of inspiration and it has a soul that ive been searching after in the record shops lately, melodies, spirit, feelings all in one. And Sam suprises me again with his great production skills. Gonna play many of the tracks out.

Vince Watson: Really impressed by the flipmode Sam has taken on this project. Some very cool idea's and nice guestings on vocals also. The sound is very smooth in all tracks and the album will appeal to the minimal fanbase for sure, whilst still keeping in touch with other roots. Life soundtrack and Mr. Smooth are standouts...Full support

Petar Dundov: i'll play Life Soundtrack, Isotope, The Afterlife. Very good album from Sam. It presents his versatile talent as musician as well as it shows his production skills. It is very playable in the club. I also enjoyed it listening at home. Well done.

Ben Sims: my favourites are Life Soundtrack, Sol, Let's Get Over It. a solid lp (haven't heard extra cd tracks) Christian Smith dropped "The Afterlife" on our boat party in london and it got a great response, so it's my box now too ;-)

Press Quotes (extracts):

de:bug: Finally Deetron releases his debut album and brings Detroit back to life in the most beatiful and modern way. Big cinema! (5/5)
raveline: This is the first album I had to listen to from start to finish.

Deetron is bridging the gap between Elektro and Detroit and creates fantastic images, which stand out like a full skyline from a storm.
(6/6)

electronicbeats.net: Swiss-born Deetron created a pure Detroit/Chicago inspired debut album, covering the many shades of techno and house.
Within this versatility Twisted remains unbelievably real!

littledetroit.net: Continuing to push an abundantly soulful musical agenda, Geiser's Jazz roots radiate to the fore as he covers the spectrum of House, Techno and Electro in this impressive 11 track collection. With only a minor nod towards current trends, he has stayed true to his melodic roots - an accomplished piece of work, deserving both credit and full attention.

365mag.com: Twisted is a wonderful debut that shows off Geiser's talent for mixing. He not only shows power through traditional house beats but adds a bit of his own flair, such as the ear-catching moment in The Afterlife. On the whole though, Geiser has clearly shown his potential as an artist and is guaranteed to keep your foot moving throughout Twisted at the very least.

========================
EC Ticket Bureau @ Selectah Records / www.tickets.ie

Electric Shock #7
Saturday December 16th at Temple Bar Music Centre

Electric Shock Christmas Party:

Hardfloor - LIVE [Cocoon - Düsseldorf]
Alexander Robotnick [Fuzz Dance - Florence]
Dan Power [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e20
========================

Thursday December 21st @ Electric City

Chris Liebing [CLR - Frankfurt]
Eddie Brennan [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e15
========================
Electric City
Thursdays @ Wax
Powerscourt Townhouse
Sth William Street. Dublin 2.
Doors 11 until 2.30
Music: Minimal / Italo / Techno
Membership at www.electricity-dublin.com
Supported by Tiger Beer - www.tigerbeer.ie
========================

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/electric-city/EC_Dec_banner.gif

========================
To subscribe to the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

oldbugger
28-11-2006, 12:44 PM
you guys have some amazing stuff on. .

i'm gonna have to have a trip soon for sure, i been jealous of those line ups for ages

Electric City
29-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Set Times:

12.30 - Finish --- Deetron
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/electric-city/deetronsmall2jpeg.jpg

11.00 - 12.30 --- Dan Power
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/electric-city/DanPower.jpg

Deetron Chart:

1) Zander VT - Then and before (Redshape RMX) - Memo
2) Soundstream - Love Jam - Soundstream
3) I:Cube - Danse de Saint Guy - Versatile
4) Vince Watson - Planet Rendezvous - Planet E
5) Marcellus Pittman - Come See - Unirhythm
6) Luciano - Bla Bla Bla - Diamonds & Pearls
7) Henrik Schwarz - Imagination - K7
8 ) Ferrer & Sydenham Inc - Timbuktu (Ame beatless mix) - Ibadan
9) Joris Voorn - Station - CDR
10. Martin Buttrich - Full Clip - Planet E

Deetron in Action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy9h2yp_Gc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JIvrXL7X4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9nj11iyZ48

oldbugger
04-12-2006, 08:50 PM
how was deetron? did you record the set?

been wanting to come to this night for ages. trying to sort flights now for hardfloor:)

278d7e64a374de26f==