PDA

View Full Version : Billy Nasty

Numeric
27-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Billy Nasty is playing in Bangor (North Wales) this weekend so i'm probably gonna head over to check it out, thing is, i'm not exactly sure what to expect...

what are his sets like these days?

i haven't seen him play before, but have heard many sets down the years and the Race Data ETA CD was essential back in the day, one of the best techno CD mixes ever...

one of my friends saw him at Voodoo in the summer and said it was a good night and that he played quite well...

stjohn
27-11-2006, 12:50 PM
i think he might be on a electro disco buzz at the moment. Unofrtunately:cheese:

Race Data ETA and Tortured Chamber were ****in class

Martin Dust
27-11-2006, 07:13 PM
i think he might be on a electro disco buzz at the moment. Unofrtunately:cheese:

Is he playing at Holodeck? If so, it will be balls to the wall :) One of the best techno crowds going - we love the place.

oldbugger
27-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Billy Nasty is playing in Bangor (North Wales) this weekend so i'm probably gonna head over to check it out, thing is, i'm not exactly sure what to expect...

what are his sets like these days?

i haven't seen him play before, but have heard many sets down the years and the Race Data ETA CD was essential back in the day, one of the best techno CD mixes ever...

one of my friends saw him at Voodoo in the summer and said it was a good night and that he played quite well...

was gonna go myself mate but billy nasty or rob hood and murder boys...hmmmm.

brum it is:)

you going to creative culture @hendre hall on the 22nd decemmber?
supprised you havent been at the last few. top night

eyeswithoutaface
27-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Billy's a wikid dj, techno or electro

dont expect any displays of technical exuberance. Just solid tunes, solidly mixed. Billy is one of the old skool, you'l have a great night

is it Manipulate he's playing?

Numeric
28-11-2006, 02:05 AM
is it Manipulate he's playing?

yeah Manipulate at Time...

the hardest guest they've had in a very long while, kind of suprised they went for a techno DJ after booking house jocks for the past couple years...

Numeric
28-11-2006, 02:08 AM
was gonna go myself mate but billy nasty or rob hood and murder boys...hmmmm.

brum it is:)

you going to creative culture @hendre hall on the 22nd decemmber?
supprised you havent been at the last few. top night

Rob Hood and BMB every time man...

i haven't been to Creative Culture yet, heard it's quite a good night, i know Bryn (Triple B) who is one of the residents and have met the promoters so i should really check it out...

Mucky Beats
28-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Billy Nasty is a legend! he can play some pounding techno sets... check out this event he is playing at in manchester..... he is b2b with ribbz !!!!!! also got mark eg b2b with ben long on 8 decks and 2 mixers!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/thetechnoexperiment

snooch
28-11-2006, 11:06 AM

I saw him this summer and he played all minimal and electro-house type stuff. He played it well, but I was still annoyed. I've heard him properly bang out a techno set, but this time he was sub-par. Rob Hood or Billy Nasty....... Hood and BMB without a doubt.

Jay Sanders
28-11-2006, 01:22 PM
I saw him a few weeks ago and was expecting the Billy Nasty that ive always love.... pounding!! He didnt but he did play an awesome Electro Minimal set, a lot more tame from what he used to play the last time i saw hime but still the same quality that he always provides.

One of my fav DJ's out there for sure!!

Sunil
28-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah, he doesn't bang it anymore. People still go to him, expecting him to lash out the old Naples or Swedish style sounds, he's moved on from that though.

His biggest contribution over the last 5 or so years, which has been more than his DJ-ing, is the Electrix label.

Billy can be a good DJ when he wants, he just needs a good kick up the arse sometimes, and not to have been on too much of a session that night/weekend.

Mucky Beats
28-11-2006, 03:48 PM
he will be banging it on march 3rd @ the techno experiment he is b2b with ribbz so deffo a chance to catch nasty on the harder stuff!

Frank Dogshit
28-11-2006, 05:48 PM
what is this techno xperiment business?

basslinejunkie
28-11-2006, 06:46 PM
he will be banging it on march 3rd @ the techno experiment he is b2b with ribbz so deffo a chance to catch nasty on the harder stuff!

****,where is that?!?

Mucky Beats
29-11-2006, 11:23 AM
the techno experiment is on march 3rd @ the zoo in manchester...

hear are full details

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43180

Technobitch
29-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Rob Hood and BMB every time man...

i haven't been to Creative Culture yet, heard it's quite a good night, i know Bryn (Triple B) who is one of the residents and have met the promoters so i should really check it out...

dont expect it to be too hard at that night matey, manipulate aint like that i dont think

as for creative culture yeah get your ass down there!!

triple b is my bro :cheese:

im always there to appreciate the quality techno at that night except think Oldbugger is playing this time so i dunno :laughing:

Technobitch
29-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Billy Nasty is a legend! he can play some pounding techno sets... check out this event he is playing at in manchester..... he is b2b with ribbz !!!!!! also got mark eg b2b with ben long on 8 decks and 2 mixers!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/thetechnoexperiment

wonder if ribbz will be mc-ing to his own set :cheese: :laughing:

oldbugger
29-11-2006, 12:40 PM
im always there to appreciate the quality techno at that night except think Oldbugger is playing this time so i dunno :laughing:

:surprise2: :surprise:

:laughing:

oldbugger
29-11-2006, 12:43 PM
wonder if ribbz will be mc-ing to his own set :cheese: :laughing:

i seen him dj before. no he didn't MC over his set (thank f*ck:laughing: ) although he did play some really good techno

Numeric
29-11-2006, 04:29 PM
dont expect it to be too hard at that night matey, manipulate aint like that i dont think

as for creative culture yeah get your ass down there!!

triple b is my bro :cheese:

Manipulate used to be a techno night, they had Billy Nasty a few years ago i think and have had a few other big names in the past...

the last techno DJ they booked was Funk D'Void a couple of years ago, he played quite a hard set considering...

Mucky Beats
29-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Manipulate used to be a techno night, they had Billy Nasty a few years ago i think and have had a few other big names in the past...

the last techno DJ they booked was Funk D'Void a couple of years ago, he played quite a hard set considering...

yeh manipulate was hard trance, techno and tech touse when it started in holyhead years ago ... then it went to hendre in bangor and had billy nasty on and he banging out a wicked techno set from what i was told... then think they had justin robetrson and funk d void all good techno djs but apart from that over the last few years they have gone for a more house and breaks and electro kinda line ups from what i have seen ... people like beat monkeys and think they had grooverider and people like that... reckon if they have billy on with the line ups they have on latley the will be wanting a more electro based set from him... dunno tho get him back in wales and maybe he will banging out some harder stuff, not really what manipulate are about tho these days tbh.

eyeswithoutaface
30-11-2006, 10:02 AM
i played the very first manipulate in Llandudno years ago strangely enough, was a funny night for sure. Seem's they've gone all commercial house now, well certainly john dj wise. I remember he used to talk about techno constantly, now its the shades and vest scene hehe. Good lad though

Mucky Beats
30-11-2006, 10:51 AM
i played the very first manipulate in Llandudno years ago strangely enough, was a funny night for sure. Seem's they've gone all commercial house now, well certainly john dj wise. I remember he used to talk about techno constantly, now its the shades and vest scene hehe. Good lad though

hehe didnt realize he started it in llandudno ... was it at the old hall? yeh he bloody loved the techno proper funky techno boy.. all house and stuff these days i hear tho

eyeswithoutaface
30-11-2006, 11:47 PM
err not sure, it was in some like big cheesy ritzi kinda place just behind the main prom as it were, actually not a bad venue but they were clowns who ran the venue

Technobitch
01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
err not sure, it was in some like big cheesy ritzi kinda place just behind the main prom as it were, actually not a bad venue but they were clowns who ran the venue

broadway, must have been. im sure it started there

Mucky Beats
01-12-2006, 02:31 PM
ha ha ha broadway techno in broadway...fair play!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==