PDA

View Full Version : Reversed beats

yeswehavetheright
20-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi fellas,
Any one got any tips on how to employ reversed beats to good effect in a track? Not just for breaks or edits but throughout the entire track?
Just curious that's all.
Cheers!!

eyes without a face
20-10-2003, 08:40 PM
i know some people use a reversed kick drum for basslines in tracks, ive tried it myself for the classic off beat bassline and after some effects/processing it can yield a useable result, but im not sure how else youd employ a reversed beat except as a small edit

Basil Rush
24-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Reverse a ride for a bar for a laff :)

The Overfiend
24-10-2003, 02:28 AM
Reversed beat
I did that for the loop in the techno filez.

professor
24-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Didn't The Advent have a track way back when that was almost entirely reversed beats???

thorin
24-10-2003, 07:29 PM
simple trick is too just reverse half a bar before a break...

make the listened wonder what the fuk is goin on for a few seconds then kick it in... its maybe not that advanced but sounds ok..

reversed claps also sound cool. get a 909 clap, add sum reverb to it, then reverse it.

reversed reverb is very tasty and the basis of a lot of new DSP effects that have been added to effex modules recently.

also use reverse in samples of entire mixes as a post-production technique..

reversing the sound of cats meowing also sounds good.

VOMATRON
13-11-2003, 07:32 AM
THORIN! :)))))))

nice to find you here, how are you man,i cant get into soulseek for god knows how long,hope youre doing good and making some more good music,please let me know if you read this

peace :!:

278d7e64a374de26f==