PDA

View Full Version : Cannavaro is Ballon d'or

prozac
27-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Cannavaro, best defender in the world...
does he deserve it?

DJCraig Ryan
27-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I do rate him and he had a cracking World Cup but i feel other players did more to win the award...not a lot in it though

djfase
27-11-2006, 11:41 PM
The guy is a rock. He can head, pass, tackle, and lead. Easily the best defender in the world.

Its gets my goat up when i hear commentators say about rio and john terry being the best. Bollox are they

Have they won the WC, or the CL?

Yea he deserves it. He was superb in WC and its nice a defender gets recognition instead of the strikers

Aratron
28-11-2006, 08:12 AM
no ****ing wop cunt

french_og
28-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think defenders should ever win these kind of awards. People do not watch football to see defenders, they watch it for the skill and flare of watching Henry or Ronaldinhio type players.

Cannavaro yes it is the best defender in the world but i would of liked to see the award go to Henry.

prozac
28-11-2006, 10:50 AM
defending is just as much part of football as attacking!!!!
:censored:
if there were no ****ing good defenders on the planet why would you need ronaldinho's or kaka's or Tottis's??????
my grandmother would be able to play as a professional footballer in that case!

and i took far more pleasure this WC watching Cannavaro read the game like a master than watching ronaldinho strutting around with his nike merchandise
:laughing:

prozac
28-11-2006, 11:08 AM
that may have been a harsh reply, i respect your opinion but do not agree with it at all

french_og
28-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I am not saying he is not a class defender or class player but think it is a lot more difficult to do what Henry and Ronaldinhio does than what a defender does.

I love watching the likes or Ronaldinhio, Henry, Ronaldo, Deco and Kaka they are the reason for me i watch football.

Richierush
28-11-2006, 12:21 PM
id say it was harder to defend against the likes of henry with his pace an ronaldino cause of his skill :cool:

Will
28-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't think defenders should ever win these kind of awards. People do not watch football to see defenders, they watch it for the skill and flare of watching Henry or Ronaldinhio type players.

Cannavaro yes it is the best defender in the world but i would of liked to see the award go to Henry.

I agree, to me footballer of the year suggests a title for someone who creates beautiful football, not stops it, however good they are at it. Plus if he hadn't won the WC on penalties he surely wouldn't have won it and did he even take a pen?

It's a bit random really, plus it's like a lifetime achievement award for him I suspect since he's 33 now and surely won't have a chance of winning it again, when it's supposed to be based on the achievements of the year. And apart from win the WC (on pens) what did he do? 'Won' Serie A thanks to corruption, so that doesn't count for anything and got knocked out by Henry's Arsenal in the CL QF.

Still, makes a change from Ronaldinho winning everything and at least Henry finished above him for once...

Insomnia
28-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah he is one of the best in the world for defending, that's for sure. I think though the award will more likely go to a midfielder or attacker, there's nothing better than watching a great creative player in midfield that makes things happen, or a great goalscorer that has the abilty and skill to do something amazing, ie Henry!!

djfase
28-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Hang on. Did ronaldinho or henry have great WCs this year? I seem to remember certain players not live up to their hype this year.

You wouldnt need skill if there wasnt any class defenders like someone said.

Cannavaro is class and just cos someones beloved henry doesnt win it ppl get shitty. And thats not u i mean will

prozac
28-11-2006, 11:05 PM
if any forward was to get it it should have been Eto'o
maybe if cameroon qualified for th WC and he had a chance to shine...

defending is an important and beautiful part of the game, and players should be rewarded for it.
I don't remember any complaints when Mathias Sammer won a few years back?!

Will
29-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Hang on. Did ronaldinho or henry have great WCs this year? I seem to remember certain players not live up to their hype this year.

Cannavaro is class and just cos someones beloved henry doesnt win it ppl get shitty. And thats not u i mean will

Henry got to the final at least and scored the winner against Brazil in the QF amongst others, Ronaldinho didn't have a good WC, but Henry did pretty well as he did in every competition he played in.

lukekendall
29-11-2006, 07:41 AM
i cant believe eto did nto get get a mention anywhere??? maybe cause he didnt get in the world cup but he had a amazing season............

Insomnia
29-11-2006, 07:05 PM

I'm no getting shitty with anyone or anything, i'm just putting my opinion across am i not allowed to do that????

LittleMinx
30-11-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm no getting shitty with anyone or anything, i'm just putting my opinion across am i not allowed to do that????

:laughing: Insomnia you should know your not allowed a oppinion

Numeric
30-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Henry got to the final at least and scored the winner against Brazil in the QF amongst others, Ronaldinho didn't have a good WC, but Henry did pretty well as he did in every competition he played in.

Henry's a whining baby though, he has no class...

LittleMinx
30-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Henry's a whining baby though, he has no class...

Thierry Henry who fuks he, Thierry Henry who fuks he!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Insomnia
30-11-2006, 05:40 PM
At least he aint as ugly as Rooney!:laughing: :laughing:

LittleMinx
30-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Awww but he got a nice little potatoe head :cheese: KInda eatable

278d7e64a374de26f==