PDA

View Full Version : 8/12/06 - Locked, Manchester - Free Xmas Party - Paul "Damage" Bailey

Sam_Horam
28-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Friday 8th December 2006

Free Xmas Party

Paul "Damage" Bailey (House Of God, 1881 Records)
Computer Controlled DJs (Sequence)

Jay Knight (Locked) vs Sam Horam (Locked) 15 Dex / 17 Mixers / 40 Laptops Set
Adam Rayner (Locked) vs Pete Mangalore (Human Shield)

10:00 pm till 03:00 am
Joshua Brookes, Charles st, Off Oxford rd, Manchester

For more info go to / contact us at:
www.lockedrecords.co.uk
lockedrecords@hotmail.com

http://www.lockedrecords.co.uk/pages/latest%20flyer/December2006.jpg

Paul Damage (House of God, 1881)
Paul Bailey started out as a self taught hip hop DJ in the late 80s within Britain’s industrial heartland, where abandoned factories and crumbling warehouses provided both the inspiration and the setting for the birth of the UK acid house scene. From here came a lengthy sojourn into Britain’s black country where he soon helped establish one of Birmingham’s first techno clubs - unleashing uncompromising new electronika upon on a rapidly expanding underground techno scene.

This also inspired the gathering of some of the most influential names in techno including Sir Real (Round records/Kracktronic) and Surgeon (Dynamic Tension/Counterbalance) who together with Paul Bailey would shortly form the backbone residency of the now infamous ‘House of God’ underground techno club. The raised mesh walkways, decaying concrete and uneasy contours of the ‘Dance Factory’ – the then home of the H.O.G - proved the perfect host for Paul (Damage) Bailey to launch a blistering assault upon an increasingly sterile and magazine led UK dance music scene.The House of God celebrated its 12th anniversary in 2005 and as one of the original residents, Paul Bailey’s highly individual hip hop-infused style and technical skill remains the vanguard of H.O.Gs unswerving following. In collaboration with the club's long standing promoter, Paul Bailey produced and released several titles under the H.O.G Records banner to far reaching critical acclaim. The ensuing expansion onto the international stage brought bookings throughout Europe and the Far East.
Now recording under his real name for his own groundbreaking ‘1881 Records’ imprint, Paul Bailey’s most recent releases such as "Fashon Arrest", "Change the Promise" and "Saturday Boy" received both national and international airplay – testament once more to the creativity and innovation that has become his trademark

Computer Controlled DJs (Sequence)
Computer Controlled Djs, Steve Gravener and Steve Williams, are the team behind the cutting-edge Sequence parties in Manchester, also putting on the irregular Computer Controlled club nights from time to time. Growing up together in St Helens and close friends from an early age, they spent their teenage years travelling to grimey venues across the length of the UK, obsessively following grindcore, industrial and UK hardcore bands before getting heavily into mixing and playing out techno and more electronic influenced sounds.

They were originally part of the eclectic Music is Better promotion crew, as well as being residents at the night alongside El Diablos Social Club resident DJ Danny Webb, before the night imploded in late 2003. They used the window of opportunity to create Sequence, with an aim to create one of the most dancefloor friendly, cutting-edge nights of electronic music in the UK. They put on their first party in February 2004 to an over-capacity Attic and the rest, as they say, is history. Sequence has become one of the most successful monthly nights ever held at the venue, gathering the size of fan base and reputation in the scene within two years that took similar sized Manchester based clubs over six years to build up.

Since then they have put on some of the best parties in the UK, collaborating with the likes of ashockinghobby and Locked on larger-scale parties throughout Manchester and sharing the billing with many of the electronic music greats including Neil Landstrumm, Bitstream, Radioactive Man, Mike Dred, DJ Godfather and B12 amongst many others. The Computer Controlled DJs now spend their weekends playing their records across the UK, slowly spreading the eclectic, bass heavy sound of Sequence to anyone prepared to listen

Mucky Beats
28-11-2006, 03:49 PM
looking good i'll be down for this one!

fitipaldi
28-11-2006, 03:54 PM
15 Dex / 17 Mixers / 40 Laptops Set

and a partridge in a pear tree

Frank Dogshit
28-11-2006, 05:43 PM
chris liebing plays on more equipment than that!

Technobitch
29-11-2006, 09:00 AM
not missing this, but my arrival will be later than usual! have to be at my nieces 13th borthday party in wales :ohdear: talk about a double booking!!! but im guna sneek off b4 the end and get my ass back to manc!!

Technobitch
04-12-2006, 12:56 PM
cant wait for this now, woohoo got me lift sorted, and told my niece ill be leaving early and she dont mind thank god hehehehe come on!!!!!

Technobitch
04-12-2006, 01:13 PM
oh yeah and seen as its an xmas spacial are all the dj's guna be in fancy dress???

:cheese:

Sam_Horam
04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
oh yeah and seen as its an xmas spacial are all the dj's guna be in fancy dress???

:cheese:

The Santa hat is in my record bag already

Technobitch
04-12-2006, 01:52 PM
good lad! does that mean the others will have to be your little helpers hahahaha cant just see them in their lil green outfits :cheese:

dan the acid man
04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
cant wait for this now, woohoo got me lift sorted, and told my niece ill be leaving early and she dont mind thank god hehehehe come on!!!!!

awwww, breaking your poor nieces heart just so you can go out and party elsewhere, she must be really upset, but she's hiding it from you as not to hurt your feelings:crycp: :laughing: :laughing:

as for the 15 decks, 17 mixers and 40 laptops set, i hope you don't overload the sockets :laughing:

basslinejunkie
04-12-2006, 07:16 PM
dying to come to this,but my ****in mates wanna go tribal and will moan if i dont go.joy.

Technobitch
05-12-2006, 10:11 AM
but its free!!! come on now dont be silly :)

Technobitch
05-12-2006, 10:14 AM
awwww, breaking your poor nieces heart just so you can go out and party elsewhere, she must be really upset, but she's hiding it from you as not to hurt your feelings:crycp: :laughing: :laughing:

as for the 15 decks, 17 mixers and 40 laptops set, i hope you don't overload the sockets :laughing:

oi! im taking the day off work fri so i can go back on thursday and see her ( her actual birthdate!!) spoil her and then ill also be there to set the whole party up and get her ready when she finishes school. so there, im a good aunty ok :briggin:

then sneek off for my techno fix ofcourse

dan the acid man
05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
im gonna ring childline and report you for being a wicked aunt:laughing:

Technobitch
05-12-2006, 02:12 PM
hahaha dont worry thay already have a file on me!

y dont you comeout for this on Mr Acid Man

dan the acid man
05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
it's tempting, im a bit skint for tha train fare though:icon13:

but if i get my extra wages before then i'd be ok

Technobitch
05-12-2006, 02:36 PM
cool, well you never know! think OB is up for it too

even dragging my bro up from wales for it so im happy

Frank Dogshit
05-12-2006, 05:33 PM
sly wank.....

looking forward to this,

christmas pounders and all that tinsle.

Technobitch
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
:laughing: :cheese:

ComputerControlled
07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
are you REALLY going though dawn?

sisherlock
08-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Should be a christmas cracker this one.....I'm polishin me dancin shoes right now.

Mucky Beats
08-12-2006, 12:37 PM
deffo going to be a good tonight ..see ya'll there

Technobitch
10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
are you REALLY going though dawn?

yep! i was there, but was you hhehehe

was a well good night, just got home nfact! been a very long and messy weekend but well fun! was another brilliant locked, only took a few pics but will post em up when im not pissed hahahaha (like i am now)

once again!!....for those of you that didnt make it you missed out big time! make sure your at the next one and ill see you there

Sam_Horam
12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Big thanks to everyone who came down and made it such a good night last Friday, and our guest DJs Paul and the two Stes.

Hope to see you all again next month - watch this space for details...

Joycey
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Alreet, Finally got me self registered on here!

Yeah ****in mint night I well had a buzz!

Cant wait for the next one, and im staying out and being hardcore next time none of this pussyitus its just doesnt suit me!

ha ha

Technobitch
12-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Big thanks to everyone who came down and made it such a good night last Friday, and our guest DJs Paul and the two Stes.

Hope to see you all again next month - watch this space for details...

yeah sam yours and jays set was well banging!!

hope you didnt get into to too much trouble for missing your first train home :cheese:

Technobitch
12-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Alreet, Finally got me self registered on here!

Yeah ****in mint night I well had a buzz!

Cant wait for the next one, and im staying out and being hardcore next time none of this pussyitus its just doesnt suit me!

ha ha

alreeeeeet cocker!

Joycey
12-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Alreet lass

hows it going?

you recovered you mad biyach

Technobitch
12-12-2006, 02:22 PM
only just ... ****-in-ell was a messy weekend!

Sam_Horam
12-12-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah sam yours and jays set was well banging!!

hope you didnt get into to too much trouble for missing your first train home :cheese:

Cheers Dawn...

No, I think the curfew's about 12 o'clock...was back in plenty of time... :cheese:

Technobitch
12-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Cheers Dawn...

No, I think the curfew's about 12 o'clock...was back in plenty of time... :cheese:

good lad, getting good at this saying out lark aint ya! :cheese:

see you soon :)

278d7e64a374de26f==