PDA

View Full Version : deep and dark techno track

MangaFish
29-11-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.mangafish.net/choons/deepanddark.mp3

i'm a bit of a n00b to production so any technical advice you can provide would be useful

MangaFish
29-11-2006, 07:28 PM
feel free to leave a comment (negative or otherwise) ;-)

Mindful
29-11-2006, 07:42 PM
dl now and will check it at home tonight

dirty_bass
30-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Bizarre military march techno?!?!?

Well, I`ll give a little comment on production, but I am using headphones today, so my comments may not be too accurate.

Firstly, overall the track is a little dull, now I don`t mean in content, I`m talking about the mix.
The mix lacks sparkle until the hats come in, which are around about the right level of brightness, but they show how dull everything else is.
More life and excitement in the higher registers of some sounds would make the mix better.

The kick could cut the mix more clearly, but this is partly due to the point above. Generally I find it good to balance the top end of the kick drum with the high hats, in most, but not all cases.

The reverb in this is a little unwieldy, and, well, it`s not a very nice reverb. Have a look in the production forum for the free links to find some nicer reverbs. This verb is a little too springy and metallic.

And lastly, a little more variation over the whole tune would help to keep interest, maybe more changes, or extra things coming in and going out.

Keep posting mate you have entered into the endless mountain climb of production.

BranLanen
01-12-2006, 01:06 AM
I think that if you dont made this track specially for DJing...then it need more variation, more different sounds or some.
Usually in this kind of music people introduce more sounds or different patterns.

MangaFish
05-12-2006, 12:24 AM
cheers for your feedback guys.

there wasn't much variation in the track because i was a long way from completing it and wanted some feedback on the groove of it (the sounds used, eqing, etc) before i got bogged down with the automation and variations and what not.

you've given me a lot to think about :)

BranLanen
05-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I like the sounds!

force
05-12-2006, 05:44 PM
pants! page cannot be found for me:whoops:

MangaFish
05-12-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah, sorry mate - taken it offline while i tweak it :)

Mindful
09-12-2006, 11:57 AM
it took me a while to comment eh but now i will.

I like the groove and sounds used but as said there isnt that variation and i felt the groove didnt have the kind of energy needed for that repitition but...
as you say you wish to work on this after.

production wise theres nothing i can say that Steve has not : )

278d7e64a374de26f==