PDA

View Full Version : Reaktor 5 for EDM (mostly techno/minimal)

luisg99
30-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I just got this program and would like to know if its worth learning it (im gonna produce techno and minimal, maybe some other EDM genres except trance) and what manuals would u recommend or just the one that comes with it is fine. thanks

force
30-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Its very, very much 'worth learning' mate, although you'll need a fairly beefy PC to run it .

Jay Pace
30-11-2006, 03:07 PM
You need to learn about synthesis to understand reaktor.

Happily both can be learned at the same time. Its incredibly powerful and offers you the chance to truly make your own sounds rather than just use other people's presets.

Or you can just use other peoples presets in reaktor synths, which are ....ing impressive

audioinjection
30-11-2006, 03:52 PM
yeah reaktor kicks ass, i have a ton of ensembles that were given to me, i just use those :)

luisg99
30-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Does it have a DVD tutorial like absynth and kontakt?

stjohn
30-11-2006, 04:58 PM
yeah reaktor kicks ass, i have a ton of ensembles that were given to me, i just use those :)

yea on of my favourite programs... i have the whole User Library back catalogue, some wickid stuff... alot of shite too :briggin:

stjohn
30-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Does it have a DVD tutorial like absynth and kontakt?

its not really that type of program... reaktor isnt a synth... its a program with the ability to build synths. loads of people do this and so, you now can open other peoples work and make music with them.

more on why no DVD:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=34083&highlight=tutorial+DVD

MARK ANXIOUS
03-12-2006, 11:10 AM
reaktor is an incredible program. like someone said earlier you have to understand synthesis or at least be interested in physics of sound. i looked heavily into synthesis recently, trying to expand my knowledge of the art and although this book was a little basic for me, i thought just how useful it would have been back in the day:

programming synthesizers: published through wizoo....

it's got a free reaktor synth in there and it talks you through everything really well... the guy even has a sense of humour (which i like in manuals/books hehe)

good luck man..

Grenoybel
04-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Thks for the tip about that book Mark

Will gonna try to find it here, or maybe order it from the wizoo site

anx
05-12-2006, 06:49 PM
i just purchased reaktor 5 as well. but i am on a mac, i bought it for the vst's and presets, and since im still learning im gonna use it just for this, down the road i will learn it for synthesis, but until then im just gonna have fun with the vsts :D

vadarfone
15-12-2006, 02:01 AM
I tried to get into it a few years ago. Its friggin powerful, but it rapes your cpu.

Its a wicked feeling when you wire something up and it works how you wanted!

I might have another crack at it, but I envisage more CPU crunching...

278d7e64a374de26f==