PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang flur in sheffield, this friday (02 dec)

dan the acid man
30-11-2006, 08:44 PM
only heard about this earlier today

GROUNDED: FRIDAY 1st DECEMBER

LIVE: WOLFGANG FLUR (KRAFTWERK) / SWITCH / CLARK (WARP)
EARTH: SEVEN BY 7 - Hosted by James & Tim

For the second GROUNDED event we welcome a wonderful cross section of talent. Taking in electronica, techno and house we sample the best of each.

Headlining will be a very special guest, and someone we’re extremely honoured to have at the venue, WOLFGANG FLUR, ¼ of the super-group Kraftwerk, who can arguably be said to be the most influential electronic group in the world.

Wolfgang’s work with the band, Flur was the drummer in the group, has contributed unequivocally to the progression of late 20th century pop music. Autobahn caused a revolution, broadened the scope of what we listen to and raised the bar on aesthetic perfection in live performances. His DJ set will be an epic insight into how one of the most notorious founders of electronica perceives the genre’s current climate, and will include modern day classics from the likes of Alex Smoke, Guido Schneider et al interwoven with Kraftwerk classics and re-edits. He’ll also be working with his own unique visuals, put together specifically for this show. Step into tonight’s masterclass and enjoy.

CLARK is the latest guise for Warp Records bloke Chris Clark (not Dave). Recent tours and performances with post-rock giants 65daysofstatic and Tortoise have sent the clear message that like these bands, he will not be pigeonholed. His new sound demands a new live experience and it’s exciting to see him rise to the challenge. For this Live set, unlike his other recent sets, he’ll be bringing his full show with Live drummer Alvin Ryan alongside him for some mind blowing sequencing/programming and general mashing of beats.

Best to let Chris explain… sort of…

"I make some stuff. Basic stuff. I got more things (e.g. A home-built stylus made out of a hook and some masking tape. Marbles, Spokes etc). I learn a bit. Not enough but more then enough. I put things through things. I record these things and put them through other things which then become completely different things"

Sound’s interesting…

Last but not least, topping off the talent is Dave Taylor aka Solid Groove aka SWITCH. Dave is well known for his fidgety, glitchy, chopped up twisted house music made for the Freerange and Dubsided labels. Something that he’ll no doubt be banging out as his DJ sets comprise of nearly all of his own productions. This should top off a rather splendid evenings entertainment.

Taking care of business in the Earth room, running from midnight, will be the SEVEN BY 7 crew. James and Tim have built up a brilliant little night known for it’s eclectic music and good vibes and tonight will hopefully see the guests from the Live room spinning their favourite seven 7” singles alongside some handpicked locals.

10.30pm til LATE - £8 ADVANCE

Tickets available from Plug Box Office (no booking fee on cash sales)
1 Rockingham Gate (off the Moor) / Over the phone 0114 241 3040 /
Online Shop
The Plug, 14-16 Matilda Street, Sheffield, S1 4QD // 0114 276 2676

278d7e64a374de26f==