PDA

View Full Version : The Orbit, Leeds

Azz
19-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Can someone give me some pointers on what this club is like as the seem to some of the finest techno DJ's playing there quite regularly…

How big is it? Atmosphere compared to the Que Birmingham (RIP) or the End, London?

Thanks

MARKEG
22-12-2002, 02:28 AM
This club is my home - my inpsiration - my everything. When it rocks, it truly rocks....

I used to go to the Orbit nearly every Saturday (when I wasn't DJing) for two years about 10 years ago. Since then, I've been about 10 times - every single Saturday that I've had a night off from DJing or I've had nothing super important to do...

It's hard to describe this place. When it's a really good night you get lost in the whole experience.

You must go, but choose the right night for your first time... ie when the really big names are on....

Tobe Cypher23
04-01-2003, 02:16 AM
I went this New Year...fukin rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikid crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw Technasia.....nice trancey bits!!!!

Very sketchy night tho :shock:

:twisted:

saki nzyme
11-01-2003, 03:18 PM
the orbit is such a amazing club its really hard to describe, ive had some of the best nights in my life at that club.

the atmosphere is unreal, like no other club ive ever been to, the sound system is amazing! and the club its self is brilliant.

if you are thinking of going i would say go when surgeon is on, he rocks the place everytime, and its allways busy when he's on.

and you might even see that mark eg guy, i saw him on the dance floor once when joey beltram was surpose to be on (one of the many times) he was at the front of the stage goin off his head funny as fuk!!

ive just had a look on the web site, surgeon & paul damage are on this month 25.1.03.

well worth the trip mate!

Esox Lucius
11-01-2003, 11:58 PM
tobe cypher - I doubt very much charles siegling played trancey stuff mate... i saw him aswell on nye (at atomic jam) and he didn`t play any sort of trance, just funky techno and a bit of ghetto stuff aswell.

Subuteo
13-01-2003, 02:00 PM
I went this New Year...fukin rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikid crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw Technasia.....nice trancey bits!!!!

Very sketchy night tho :shock:

:twisted:

I've been buying a lot of Technasia stuff latley (the older releases) as I quite like the fact that they have lot of emotion and feeling in them as well as quality breakdowns (eg.The Awakening) and add depth to a set.

Question is if a track has spacey breakdowns etc. does it mean its trancey ..? I'm confuzed.. :?

Debz

detfella
01-03-2003, 03:26 AM
Orbit is the perfect techno club...dark, dirty and the messy people get the dancefloor moving from 11.

Its better than all the other clubs ive been, just cos the atmosphere is so mental.

How come you don't play there mark? Is it the techno snobbery coming into play? My mate set up a quality night in leeds, but it went pear shaped cos orbit wouldnt let him book the bigger djs.

Mills still refuses to play...but if it does happen again... :shock:

detfella
01-03-2003, 03:29 AM
BTW, cheers for the top night at think tank -top notch- I lost my voice for 3 fcuking days after that!!

MARKEG
01-03-2003, 03:35 AM
cheers!!!

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 01:58 PM
You must go, but choose the right night for your first time... ie when the really big names are on....

I just seem to be coming across rubbish today.......

I am surprised you said that Mark. That DOES NOT contribute to a healthy scene. Support the up and coming artists, don't CONTINUE to line the pockets of the superhero's. The scene will die on it's ar5e unless new blood comes through, and someone with your reputation and experience Mark, shouldn't be making recomendations like that!!!!! IMHO of course.....

Esox Lucius
04-03-2003, 03:05 PM
ryan, your fav dj is mills, isn`t he a superstar dj?

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 03:12 PM
ryan, your fav dj is mills, isn`t he a superstar dj?

Indeed, BUT I make the effort to support less established names, first and foremost...........
Marks post made it seem as though the only DJ's worth seeing are big names, and that blatantly isn't the case!!!

Esox Lucius
04-03-2003, 04:46 PM
fair enough, i agree there are many better lesser known dj`s that piss on some of the big names.

JACKSTAR
05-03-2003, 08:18 AM
I think Mark was refering to a BUSY night rather than a empty one as we all know your more likely to have a busy club if a certain "big" name dj / act is playing as sad as that may seem "big" names fill clubs. :(

P.

JACKSTAR
05-03-2003, 08:19 AM
I think Mark was refering to a BUSY night rather than a empty one as we all know your more likely to have a busy club if a certain "big" name dj / act is playing as sad as that may seem "big" names fill clubs. :(

P.

detfella
06-03-2003, 06:13 PM
New line up looks promising....Mark Turner & Ignition Technician on 4 decks, 2mixers, final scratch and a drunk monkey

Anonymous
07-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Heard lots about it defo gonna get our asses up there soon

Anyone know the website address?

And whats the Mint like?

detfella
07-03-2003, 01:22 AM
www.orbit48.com

mint is for the upper class citizens of leeds, as such ive never been.

Tobe Cypher23
07-03-2003, 03:24 PM
tobe cypher - I doubt very much charles siegling played trancey stuff mate... i saw him aswell on nye (at atomic jam) and he didn`t play any sort of trance, just funky techno and a bit of ghetto stuff aswell.

I must be confused then.

The Orbit had a rough patch but seems to be doing well, now that their not weekly.

278d7e64a374de26f==