PDA

View Full Version : Sven Vath

MARK ANXIOUS
02-12-2006, 10:34 AM
What is it with this guy? I remember dancing my titties off to his sets @ Orbit in Leeds and he could do no wrong. I've just got hold of his latest Cocoon CD and it just sucks. What a waste of money. I mean, I love minimal but the mixing is appauling and the programming, well someone please tell me what has gone wrong.

You know, I rarely feel the need to moan on here but this is really dissapointed me. I mean, I remember not being too into his early Eye Q stuff and then being turned around later down the line. Perhaps I will be turned around this time?????

koma
02-12-2006, 10:51 AM
havent heard the mix, but I do have some of the tracks from it and they're all good to me... like that Misc bomb from Sender, or Eulberg or Audion.. Agoria is ok too...

he played at Ambasada Gavioli last weekend. when asked how would he describe his currenty style, he said "Some call it minimal, some call it f*****g maximal.... This is techno music and that's what techno sounds right now!"

well..whatever. if he got bored of the music he used to play, fine with me. ih he found himself in this sound, good for him. there's plenty of other djs anyway...:)

btw pics from the aprty mentioned above can be found here
http://www.vinyl-promotion.com/sven/

ds2
02-12-2006, 12:12 PM
i've got alot of respect for sven but the stuff he's played for last few years is probably the worst of his career, it's just fodder.

those 4-6 hours sets at orbit were legendary, everyone just had him down as a trance monkey but he'd regularly drop some of the best detroit techno i ever heard in that club alongisde some of the darkest euro stuff. remember him playing about an hour of basic channel, carl craig, morganistic, plastikman etc one night and the crowd were just totally into it, no cheering, whistling or whatever, just heads down and in the groove. very tribal.

i'd still go see him if he played leeds again, if nothing else just for the women that always seem to turn out when he's in town :)

Lag
02-12-2006, 12:54 PM
too much drugs

dirty_bass
02-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Yep, the old columbian marching powder kills everyones judgement after a while.

Cocain = Satans foot cheese

vadarfone
03-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah my lovely lady and I went to see him at Womb in Tokyo a few months back.

WANK.

I had a better time at home with my laptop plugged into the telly speakers mixing in traktor while my bird and my best mate played on the playstation.

Much better.

vadarfone
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah my lovely lady and I went to see him at Womb in Tokyo a few months back.

WANK.

I had a better time at home with my laptop plugged into the telly speakers mixing in traktor while my bird and my best mate played on the playstation.

Much better.

MANTAYLOR
03-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I have laways thought that he was up and down with his cd releases. I have a few there is always a mixture of good and totally shite tunes...

I must admit tho that i do prefer his older mixes but even then they have always been up and down....

I have not heard the new cd but i can well believe its shite,,, a shame really as he has had the potential to be a corking industrial techno god.

fac
04-12-2006, 12:08 PM
väth stopped mixing (in the way most of us like it) few years back. all he is doing now is playing one record (mostly some minimal hits) until the end and then bringing the other record in with a boring standard mix. thats what everyone can do. you could use traktor instead and let the auto-mix function do your set.

Sinister_Minister
04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I love Sven Vath. I like his minimal style too, but he's kinda hurtin lately. Artists go through their peaks and valleys. Perhaps this is one of those valley times and Sven will pick it up again eventually. One can only hope

SlavikSvensk
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
i think he's lost the passion.

Little_Fella!
07-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Yep, the old columbian marching powder kills everyones judgement after a while.

Cocain = Satans foot cheese

Heh Heh...

Same as ever... people don't feel the need to strive anymore when they think they are the bestest ever 'Mo Feck' in the World Eva!!!

...coz they have descended into the world of illusion that is chiz choz snozzin'... :crackup:

This happens to countless artists and is so obvious to spot...

Siege
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
The ammount of beer the guy drinks might be a contributing factor..seen him in the past at orbit with a full crate of stella,necking it like its vimto

Sinister_Minister
10-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I know from my own experience with the evil powder that it hijacks ur ass and all good in ur life along with it. dope aND booze work a bit in the begining then they just take over in the end.

davethedrummer
10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
true about dope and booze
i must say though , i quite like what he's doing right now
i got the cocoon double pack a few months back and i like it

sorry

i wouldn't go to see him though
i'm not that dumb.

278d7e64a374de26f==