PDA

View Full Version : work in progress (help needed)

stjohn
02-12-2006, 03:30 PM
something im excited about coz it says alot for my love of techno mixed with electronica at the moment... BUT im losing the power in places.... i really like the synth at the end..... so i have a few questions

1.. do i need to go back and get more kick n sub to the main beat
2.. lose the happy synth?
3.. how can i squeeze that big evil synth at the end, so its really powerful and so is the beat?? (eternal question i suppose)

thank you please!:)

PS: these are just idea reall at the momnet so dont pay any particular attention to the structure

www.chrome-metronome.net/slipper3.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/slipper3.mp3)

thank you please!:)

stjohn
02-12-2006, 11:39 PM
new link..

www.chrome-metronome.net/slipper3b.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/slipper3b.mp3)

Siege
03-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Yeah, im liking this mate..dark,atmospheric,underground nastiness.
Production sounds really good, love the scattered click type sounds and that distorted vocal snippet....really good selection of sounds.
Maybe you could add a touch more beef to the bottom end ,but listening through the headphones at the moment...Think the riff works ok,seems to give it extra character and that twisted synth later on is mean as.Think the track structure sounds good,even though you said not to pay much attention...Constanly changing throughout keeping things intresting and unpredictable.

Top stuff

force
05-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Likin what im hearing man(as usual).
cant really offer any advice at the mo cos ive got a baby cryin and a four year old trying to rip my leg off!

BRADLEE
06-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Likin what im hearing man(as usual).
cant really offer any advice at the mo cos ive got a baby cryin and a four year old trying to rip my leg off!

ha ha, well I know that feeling too....but at the moment no little ones trying to pull me under the water....lol

About the tune though, only in the phones, but loving this for sure homie. Excellent ****ing jam. Reminds me tons of this old Christian Wunsch tune. Love every second homie!!!

Mindful
09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
dl now mate and will listen at home later, it will take me time untill i post comment and you will probably have finished it by then but ykow

Mindful
09-12-2006, 08:59 PM
nice, sounds grainy and filthy.
is this building up to somthing nice?
Ya dude thats ****ing cool, the kick is strange but I like it very much.
Totaly your sound this mate, the way its allways freaking out and
doing somthing different,
The chords are beautiful, like an industrial blade runner
and shit the way it comes out of the break at 3.00 is class.
this at 3.40 is deadly.
Reminds me of Kareem stuff a little but with that little extra weird
factor.

Simon Cowell hates it im affraid but I love it you weird feck.
Proper techno best thing ive heard for a while.
Ste mindfuls tip top super dooper techno class award
goes to you and error 404 today:)

ERROR404
10-12-2006, 02:46 AM
linky no worky :(

BloodStar
10-12-2006, 12:00 PM
interesting,. usually i dont hear tracks like this everyday. original. they are some sounds really weird sounding, in good way. i like it,. there is lot of changes here and there, which keeps my interest. nice. i feel little lost at some parts, but that is how it should be probably, hehe,. nice track..

stjohn
10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
linky no worky :(

this should work:
www.chrome-metronome.net/slipper3b.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/slipper3b.mp3)

thanks for the comments bloodstar n mindless. glad you liked it..

still some work to do on it yet as its very hap-hazard in places.. hopefully get something done during the week and fire it up

cheers

stjohn
11-12-2006, 01:35 AM
ok....worked some more on it...

www.chrome-metronome.net/sliiper_master4.mp3

dirty_bass
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Epic stuff man.
Love the main trumpety pad line, really gives it a timeless, sorrowful edge.
All sounding good to me (on headphones)
You know what your doing, just get on with it.

Siege
13-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Sweet mate! thought your first draft was good...see youve worked on the structure more,sounds really good.
Love the unexpected kick in on the drop and that strange breathing,panting voice....dont remember hearing that in it before?

audioinjection
15-12-2006, 02:08 AM
1.. do i need to go back and get more kick n sub to the main beat
2.. lose the happy synth?
3.. how can i squeeze that big evil synth at the end, so its really powerful and so is the beat?? (eternal question i suppose)

1. I think the kick needs to be a bit more low pitched, to get that lowend effect, sounds too midrange to me.

2. That synth doesn't sound bad at all to me man, kinda fills up the track, gives it some soul.

3. Im liking that evil synth in the end..........I think you shouldn't spread (stereo wise) that synth so much, maybe keep it a bit more in the middle, so it doesnt flood the mix.

cool track though :)

278d7e64a374de26f==