PDA

View Full Version : Bass Station H/W or S/W

SlimboyPhatt
21-10-2003, 10:40 AM
I understand this may be the wrong place to post, but I wasnt getting much help in the Hardwar Section.

I have been offered a Rack Bass Station. The thing is will I get much use out of it?
Its Monaural and monophonic I think?

I know the s/w version is out, but i have no hardware and feel i would enjoy it.

Its been offered for £70. Please list pro's and con's if u have used it.

Thx

DJZeMig_L
21-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Great Buy...

Monotimbral... monop. as far as I know!

It's a classic! for that price U can't go wrong!

Z

dan the acid man
21-10-2003, 04:02 PM
i told you in the hardware section to buy it and i will still tell you to buy,buy,buy :lol:

SlimboyPhatt
21-10-2003, 04:07 PM
The problem is the whole mono situation, how do i get the sound into my comp in stereo?

I suppose i could use wavelab on soundforge to create a left and right channel?

DJZeMig_L
21-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Bro just record as a mono and plug it !!! easy as pie! ;)

A mono will automaticaly play on both channels....L & R...

Also U can Use the bassstation as a fabulous MIDI KNOB BOX!! :) Tweat away !!! :rambo:

Z

Basil Rush
24-10-2003, 12:30 AM
We had one for ages, depends what other synths you've got to choose from, I think I've lent / given it to someone I can't find the bitch anyway now, but mono ain't a problem, just use it in mono, distort it, or pan it somewhere, or a touch of chorus if you are running in a mix where there's not much else. If you can get hold of Roland dimension chorus unit (D is the best, C is a pedal i think) these sound wicked....

thorin
24-10-2003, 07:23 PM
£70 is a bargain ! I bought one and got it on my 21st birthday for £330... best money i ever spent goes the house was shakin when i combined with some efx, still too scared to trust sysex to back up the sounds i made too:P

like mentioned, it aslo doubles as a great MIDI controler too! most of the knobs on the front panel can be used as MIDI controllers... but be careful you dont tweak em too much cos theyre only likkle and i had too take mine to the shop to have it VCF knob fixed...

get it b4 someone else does!

DJZeMig_L
25-10-2003, 12:37 AM
Damn' almost forgot .. as far as I can remember it will also b usefull as an external filter Unit and a Midi-CV converter!!

Z

RDR
06-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Ive got both and i have to say i agree with eat Static on this one.

The bass station h/w is the most unreliable sytnth i have EVER come across. The machine is not to be trusted in any situation, expecially live as its favourite trick is to stick, then lose its settings, forcing a resart.

The s/w version is damn close to the original and a real pleasure to work with. True, it aint no h/w, but then the orignial h/w version sounds great, but im dubious about its bass emitting qualities. Yet another synth that needs a compressor to sound good.

Answrs on a cracker please..

278d7e64a374de26f==